Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

People are suggesting he goes into the midfield or on a wing at AFL!

In what world do people think he could actually play there??

They threw him in the midfield for not even 1 quarter in the VFL.

If you want to continue that experiment you do it at VFL level for a few weeks and not AFL.

Reactions: 4 users

If you want to continue that experiment you do it at VFL level for a few weeks and not AFL.
I've seen enough of him as a forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't see this promotion coming.

Not holding out a lot, but hoping he does well.

Reactions: 8 users
What a joke. How can he be given a game before green? You might say selection shouldn’t be based on one game (last week) which is fair enough but Cumbo has done bugger all in the VFL all year.
Some have done bugger all in the AFL all year but they still get games
Need to look at the big picture thats 2024 season

Dunno if anyone else actually watched the game, but Green kicked 4 of his goals in literally a 5 min burst very late in the last Q. He was obviously still working for a crust and you make your own luck yadda yadda, but I didnt think he had an incredible match from what I saw. This Cumba selection to me has a last stand vibe about it. Noah, this is it sunshine.

Reactions: 5 users
I agree with TOO we should be trying people in different positions - you never now what gem you will turn up.

Reactions: 2 users
Cumbo is not performing as a forward, so why no try him in the middle. After all, we have been willing to put Dow in there week after week, can't be much worse.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Cumbo is not performing as a forward, so why no try him in the middle. After all, we have been willing to put Dow in there week after week, can't be much worse.

DS
My wife thought I wasn't performing to my normal standards, so she rotated me through all 18 positions. When she wasn't happy, she decided to pull me off.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Re your first Q Sam Durham immediately springs to mind.

Cumberland would only have short bursts through there.
He can interchange with Shai.
It's worth a crack even if it fails.

Get the logic Oldie but guarantee he'll do even less there than in the forward line.

Would prefer to give that role to anyone else who actually has aspirations and the skillset to play mid.

Sonsie should try doing SFA next time he ends up at VFL level.

Then he might get a run in the midfield in the firsts.

Given our diabolic season to date I reckon it is a bloody good idea. We tried with Dow there for eons of time why not Cumbo?

Highly doubt that Cumbo will get a bunch of midfield minutes.

Will be pleasantly surprised if he makes a fist of what surely must be a last chance to show he can compete at AFL level.

But I’m not holding my breath.

Cumberland has been judged extremely harshly imo. Dusty, perhaps our greatest ever player is getting around 15 possessions a game and around a goal a game. How do you expect Cumbo to be a star in the forward line when the ball isn't down there.
Try him in the middle, he has Chad Warner like athleticism. What have we got to lose?
It's what I call soft tanking. Playing guys in positions they wouldn't normally play to see if they can flourish.

Cumberland has been judged extremely harshly imo. Dusty, perhaps our greatest ever player is getting around 15 possessions a game and around a goal a game. How do you expect Cumbo to be a star in the forward line when the ball isn't down there.
Try him in the middle, he has Chad Warner like athleticism. What have we got to lose?
It's what I call soft tanking. Playing guys in positions they wouldn't normally play to see if they can flourish.

If we were going to do that, he'd have to play more than a quarter up the ground in the 2's. I can't see him getting any midfield minutes at AFL level.

Reactions: 2 users
Surprised he’s playing as I’ve just about given up on him
But now that he is I’m happy to see him play in the middle
Nothing to lose