Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Noah looked better further up the ground in the last quarter. He brought his teammates into the game with some nice handballs, which was a real point of difference to a lot of players just bombing it forward. Hopefully he gets some good feedback, and some confidence from it.
Unfortunately it's been like this all year Tigerman in the VFL. He's unsighted for much of the game and then puts in a scintillating spurt as if he better do something before the game ends. We know he can and should be killing it at VFL level. It shouldn't really matter where he's played, quality floats to the top. It's in the head for sure.

Reactions: 2 users
Helped turn the game our way with some key passages. I reckon he’ll be on an AFL list next year even if it’s not ours. Some team will take the punt.
Nup. He's football dumb and every team in the AFL knows it.

He'll be playing in a state league next year.

Reactions: 3 users
I reckon he’ll be on an AFL list next year even if it’s not ours. Some team will take the punt.
I agree. But its a punt that like most won't come off. At best he'll play a few good games, a pundit will write a story asking how the Tiges could have let him go, ah la Healy and Tom Derrixxx. Then end up starring for Maroochydore. I could be wrong of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
When Cumbo got his limited chance was expected to play on and shutdown Stewart Ridley … and any other tall intercept defender as a defensive forward
That’s not his go he’ll get his chance elsewhere if delisted and get his chance to run around as a part time mid and goal kicking opportunist forward

When Cumbo got his limited chance was expected to play on and shutdown Stewart Ridley … and any other tall intercept defender as a defensive forward
That’s not his go he’ll get his chance elsewhere if delisted and get his chance to run around as a part time mid and goal kicking opportunist forward
I don't think he was expected to play on Ridley, but the Dons were happy to play Ridley on Cumberland, let him go for his Intercepts, and be confident Cumberland wouldn't do much damage. And it worked.

Checked out. I'm sure he's hoping for a new start elsewhere. Just looks disinterested, whether consciously or not, I'm not sure.
Mind reading now huh? If he's checked out n can't be *smile* why did he bother having such an involved n creative last qtr?

I suspect he has used up all the development time available to him Spook.

His days are numbered IMO.
Might be we've been developing him wrong, he cut loose n created when he got moved up the ground a bit in the last qtr.

Mind reading now huh? If he's checked out n can't be *smile* why did he bother having such an involved n creative last qtr?
Aren't we all, in effect, mind-reading? I'm sure I could pick out a few of your posts but hey I'm a forward looking type of person.

I already explained (twice) why I think at VFL level, Cumbo, over and over again, is having very poor first halves (or longer) and then firing up late. I do focus on psychology a lot and I do think many of his issues are in the head and yes I do think he checked out a while ago. In a way I think rightly so as he was being ignored for a 1s spot pre and start of the season. Also from the point of view of playing further up the field, I think you are right, that might be better for his own sake, but clearly at AFL level he is being asked to play within the 50. Honestly though, what excited me about Cumbo at the start was his ability to kick goals, a pure small forward. It hasn't panned out that way.

I was an advocate of giving Cumbo a good go at the start of the season but now I think he would benefit from a new start. That's just what some jaded players need.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's been like this all year Tigerman in the VFL. He's unsighted for much of the game and then puts in a scintillating spurt as if he better do something before the game ends. We know he can and should be killing it at VFL level. It shouldn't really matter where he's played, quality floats to the top. It's in the head for sure.
I'm not a defender of Noah, especially of his disposal. Both Cumberland and Coulthard benefited from being played further up the ground.
It's easy to go "unsighted" when stuck in the forward line.
Noah had a 50/50 handball to kick split on Sunday, it was good to see him setting up his teammates with good handballs instead of butchering the ball with rushed kicks. In his previous 3 VFL games the split was 12/2, 9/2 and 10/3 kick to handball split.
I liked the way he linked up with his teammates on Sunday it was a real team oriented game with good handballs instead of just throwing it on the boot.
Noah's game style has been very frustrating, he may well on his way out the door. I'd like to see him played on the wing in the VFL for the next few games to see if he can produce that type of game again.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not a defender of Noah, especially of his disposal. Both Cumberland and Coulthard benefited from being played further up the ground.
It's easy to go "unsighted" when stuck in the forward line.
Noah had a 50/50 handball to kick split on Sunday, it was good to see him setting up his teammates with good handballs instead of butchering the ball with rushed kicks. In his previous 3 VFL games the split was 12/2, 9/2 and 10/3 kick to handball split.
I liked the way he linked up with his teammates on Sunday it was a real team oriented game with good handballs instead of just throwing it on the boot.
Noah's game style has been very frustrating, he may well on his way out the door. I'd like to see him played on the wing in the VFL for the next few games to see if he can produce that type of game again.
I agree, Cumbo *at times* has looked better up the ground at VFL level. But it's been fleeting. Has to reduce the gap between being non-existent and flying in gmes. Wingers have to be gut runners in general, Cumbo definitely ain't that. This year's stats. Neds to address his kicking 4 goals 14 behinds this year at VFL level.
Screenshot_2024-07-03-08-42-24-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Cumbo is and has been playing average football for a good while now.

Unfortunately looks an easy delisting. Be amazed if anyone else takes him as well.

Hopefully can restore his love of the game and have an enjoyable and rewarding time at lower levels whilst making a decent quid on the side.

Reactions: 3 users
I listened to him in a podcast maybe a year ago and he seemed really aware of what he needed to improve. But none of it has happened.

100% has to be mental. Hoping it will go well and doubling down on negative thoughts when it doesn’t work.

Thought at the start of the season he’d have established himself by now but it’s been a real fizzer

It’s one thing having the X factor but he’s just not shown enough of the basic A B C ….. factors

Was once very promising - now very disappointing

Angry Jasmine Goode GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

In his defence in the last quarter last week (the only quarter I saw) he was very creative with multiple score involvements

Reactions: 1 users