Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

I think Baker really wont make much difference to our results if he stayed

Time to cut the cord and let him go with the others and start the new Era with the kids we will draft

Just hope he selects fremantle to max the picks we get in return
I actually wouldnt mind if he does select the eagles to be honest

Both the eagles & Richmond will have more picks once the trade period is finished and a reasonable outcome will provail

e.g Eagles may be more interested in Smillie / Allan
Baker + #6 for #3+#23
Baker for #23+F2
Baker +#29 for #14 (barrass pick)
Baker + #23 +#29 for F1

Thats even without any extra's they may get for Barrass or any other player

Basically we will get roughly pick #15 for Baker and all 3 parties will be working together to achive this
Eagles / Tigers/Baker

Reactions: 1 user
... could walk to West Coast in the pre-season draft. No way we'd pick him at 1 in the PSD. Gives West Coast another option; but unlikely they'd risk it if they really want Baker.

• Dislike
... could walk to West Coast in the pre-season draft. No way we'd pick him at 1 in the PSD. Gives West Coast another option; but unlikely they'd risk it if they really want Baker.
We might not go after him in the PSD but lolnorf might. Clarko is on record saying they will target senior experienced players

Having to play young guys straight away is fraught with danger, unless they’re freaks like Dusty.
Too many at once yes but we will need to get games and experience into them quickly. Some of the kids we draft will be top end talent and ready to go.
Our famous "5 picks under 28" should be ready to stand-up as well. I have my doubts on few but it's time they became regulars.

Too many at once yes but we will need to get games and experience into them quickly. Some of the kids we draft will be top end talent and ready to go.
Our famous "5 picks under 28" should be ready to stand-up as well. I have my doubts on few but it's time they became regulars.
With the state and age of our list after the retirements, delisting and trades, as well as long term injuries, some of which will impact the start of the season, will we have any choice about throwing the kids to the wolves?

I was talking to an ex player that said he was pissed off that liam has only been at the club 6 years, enjoyed the good times and now is cutting and running. Not that rapt with Dimma getting in Dans ear either

Reactions: 11 users
I was talking to an ex player that said he was pissed off that liam has only been at the club 6 years, enjoyed the good times and now is cutting and running. Not that rapt with Dimma getting in Dans ear either
After initially being overlooked numerous times by the WA clubs, along with being our current VC. Disappointing, but unfortunately loyalty obviously isnt a massive factor anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Ivan Soldo?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
After initially being overlooked numerous times by the WA clubs, along with being our current VC. Disappointing, but unfortunately loyalty obviously isnt a massive factor anymore.
The only ones that are loyal are the members and supporters as for the players its Show me the money

Reactions: 1 users
Can't say I am surprises at Baker wanting to leave even though the chances of success at his chosen club (s) is pretty low. What ever happens now, we have to play hardball and get the best compensation we can get to help in our rebuild.
Freo have the best list in the comp IMO from 2025 on If they can add Bolton and Baker. Would make them flag favourites.

Last edited: