Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

What do the Eagles get Baker?

Eagles want Denver Granger Barass in the deal I'm being told.

Eagles : Baker. & DGB
Hakws: Barrass
Tigers : Pick 14
Let's hope Hawthorn and Brisbane both flop in the finals so they get a better 1st round pick

Has a mass exodus like this ever happened before? All our best players are leaving.
1983 was the last time the club implded after success and put us in the wilderness for 30 odd years.

Bruce Monteith went back to WA, after 1980. Freame retired early, Raines, Cloke, Brian Taylor, Bryan Wood went to Collingfith and Essington, Stephen Pirrie was ruined by a knee injury, Terry Smith left for St Kilda before returning a season or 2 later, Robert Wiley, and Bruce Tempany also left after 1883 season also left and Merv Keane also retired in 83 or 84 as did the great KB.

Many of the younger Tigers from 79-82 who were talented didnt go on like Wayne Shand, Nugent, Matt Wall, Colin Waterson also went back to WA.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12 users
1983 was the last time the club implded after success and put us in the wilderness for 37 years.

Bruce Monteith went back to WA, after 1980. Freame retired early, Raines, Cloke, Brian Taylor, Bryan Wood went to Collingfith and Essington, Stephen Pirrie was ruined by a knee injury, Terry Smith left for St Kilda before returning a season or 2 later, Robert Wiley, and Bruce Tempany also left after 1883 season also left Kename also retired in 93 or 84 as did the great KB.

Many of the younger Tigers from 70-82 who were talented didnt go on like Wayne Shand, Nugent, Matt Wall, Colin Waterson also went back to WA.
Bartlett also retired in 83

Reactions: 1 user
1983 was the last time the club implded after success and put us in the wilderness for 30 odd years.

Bruce Monteith went back to WA, after 1980. Freame retired early, Raines, Cloke, Brian Taylor, Bryan Wood went to Collingfith and Essington, Stephen Pirrie was ruined by a knee injury, Terry Smith left for St Kilda before returning a season or 2 later, Robert Wiley, and Bruce Tempany also left after 1883 season also left and Merv Keane also retired in 83 or 84 as did the great KB.

Many of the younger Tigers from 70-82 who were talented didnt go on like Wayne Shand, Nugent, Matt Wall, Colin Waterson also went back to WA.
Including coach and CEO this time too. Interesting times ahead.

Reactions: 2 users
Rookie pick.
Nurtured and developed into a nice little pick.
It’s good work by the RFC.
We win here.
Judge Judy GIF by Amazon Freevee

Reactions: 4 users
Including coach and CEO this time too. Interesting times ahead.
Yep she's pretty grim viewing on the surface right now.

The landscape will lend itself to excitement if the club can nail the draft but sone long seasons ahead for a year or 3 no doubt.

Be sad to see him go & my sons favorite player.

But with all the retirements & player exodus it's just another brick in the wall type feeling now.

Who is next , Punt Rd ovals lawn mower man ?

Many of the younger Tigers from 79-82 who were talented didnt go on like Wayne Shand, Nugent, Matt Wall, Colin Waterson also went back to WA.
That implosion happened because the club couldn't modernise. Had no serious modern infrastructure at all. It does now.

Reactions: 5 users
I’m a tad disappointed, after Bakes was overlooked in several drafts I was hoping that he’d say stuff the Eagles and Dockers, they didn't want me.
But family is family, even though they are on the farm and not in Perth.

Yep she's pretty grim viewing on the surface right now.

The landscape will lend itself to excitement if the club can nail the draft but sone long seasons ahead for a year or 3 no doubt.
Fast forward 3 years and the same thing will happen to Collingwood, they will have 2 good players, but no draft bounty and a compromised draft to boot.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’m a tad disappointed, after Bakes was overlooked in several drafts I was hoping that he’d say stuff the Eagles and Dockers, they didn't want me.
Yeah, me too for the same reason. I thought Bakes, Pickett and Broad would stay with us.
But a very good contract offer and closer to family, , a choice draft pick back, a position easily covered. Maybe it’s a win all round

We need as many as possible early draft picks because of the TT and Hopper *smile* ups. This is a bonus for us as we aren’t contending for at least 3-5 years so picks are the go over players who maybe ok to others needs , but not ours. I still want our picks spread out over two years.

Doesn’t his family live like 3 hrs away lol.

We need as many as possible early draft picks because of the TT and Hopper *smile* ups. This is a bonus for us as we aren’t contending for at least 3-5 years so picks are the go over players who maybe ok to others needs , but not ours. I still want our picks spread out over two years.
It's probably a good thing we have Taranto and Hopper now. We'd literally have Prestia and kids in the midfield next year. We'd be losing by 100 every week

Reactions: 8 users