Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Good player but Baker’s worth is currently boosted by the cult of premiership. Easy decision to release him and maximise return.

Reactions: 11 users
Good player, ridicuously courageous, and I love him but we are never going to have the chance again to maximise a trade to our advantage.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think it’ll be money we’d have more space than freo , home drawing or he stays and skippers the club
They've got to offer more to relocate him, to get him to budge. We're the incumbent.
Baker though, isn't the type you build your club around. Offer him a fair offer, respecting his leadership and value to us, but not a cent more. We need the big cash for the next Lynch etc

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, Yze got it all a bit confused on 360. He said the next 2 games which actually included the St Kilda game and he also called him a restricted free agent which he isn't. He is uncontracted but he isn't a free agent which is why there needs to be a trade.
Lucky Bakes cares about the club as he could actually go to West Coast as pick 3 in the PSD and we get nothing

A well connected Richmond supporters group web page saying Baker has informed the club he is going

Reactions: 1 user
No surprise. Great stuff. Should get one of those good picks everyone has been spending in the draft thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
No surprise. Great stuff. Should get one of those good picks everyone has been spending in the draft thread.
I’m totally at peace with it. Been awesome for the RFC but we can get some really good young talent in to replenish the list with the picks we get for him.
Happy for Graham to go for a pick in the 20s.
Don’t want to lose Rioli or Bolton though.

Reactions: 6 users
Any idea which club he wants to go to?
Think it’s well documented that West Coast are chasing hard but I really haven’t got a clue if a deal has been done or that like Bullen from Melbourne, he’s decided to go home, advised the club, and will court suitors.

To my eye, from the outside he'd be a great leader. At our club or others.
Brave, tough, bounces up, takes the game on, skilled. Good on the track and in prep.
Yes he's limited football wise and isnt an A grade mid. But a leader on the track and in the clubhouse.
For that I'd like to see him stay.

He's also a favourite player.
But if he goes then we'll look forward to the draft

Reactions: 3 users
Think it’s well documented that West Coast are chasing hard but I really haven’t got a clue if a deal has been done or that like Bullen from Melbourne, he’s decided to go home, advised the club, and will court suitors.
He is torn between the two.

But he won’t be at Richmond next year.