Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

Last two weeks has improved, while the team has been going backwards.
The promise is there.

Reactions: 3 users
Thought he was great. Was a madman early and clunked a few strong marks. Also seems to be a very competent backup ruckman. On the right trajectory.

Reactions: 8 users
Was never going to be a match winner , but is starting to show he can be a more than handy player for us.

Some strong marks & clever tap work.

His uncle is my best mate & a mad pies supporter but he watches most of Jacob’s games with me now so the Tiges are his 2nd team.

Reactions: 4 users
Thought he was great. Was a madman early and clunked a few strong marks. Also seems to be a very competent backup ruckman. On the right trajectory.
Was up against a very good backman in Cox and beat him.
And up against an elite 2nd ruck in Jackson and struggled but no surprise there. Is improving and gaining confidence.
Wish he could gain a yard

Reactions: 1 users
Things started turning for him when he began holding his marks. No double grabbing, no going with one hand.

Reactions: 1 user
One of our best again. Well done. Having Balta beside him taking alot of the heat is helping him no doubt.

Was up against a very good backman in Cox and beat him.
And up against an elite 2nd ruck in Jackson and struggled but no surprise there. Is improving and gaining confidence.
Wish he could gain a yard
I didn't think he did struggle against Jackson. Competed in 17 ruck contests for 8 hitouts (last week 5 from 13). Jackson had 56 and 13 (obviously many contests against Nanks). I was impressed.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't think he did struggle against Jackson. Competed in 17 ruck contests for 8 hitouts (last week 5 from 13). Jackson had 56 and 13 (obviously many contests against Nanks). I was impressed.
It was Jackson's follow up and ground game that I'm talking about.
But tbh there is not many like Jackson and he did turn a grand final.
All up the big Kos did well

Reactions: 1 user
Thought he had a real go and always competed. Pretty decent game over all.

I just wish with no Lynch and being forced to play Balta forward because of a lack of options, along with Kossie and lets be honest he is no Lynch, that these circumstances demand we play a third tall.

Reckon we are missing a trick not playing Bauer or Gray. If for no other reason than to drag big defenders away.
It is simple we need to see what they can offer. We do it in a third tall role taking heat away from them at the same time hopefully taking heat away from Noah and Kossie.
Bauer in this role or Cumberland which is what we seem to be trying. Even Bauer as a third tall defender and Gray third tall. groom him for the Grimes role. Either way we should be playing more than likely both.

Thought he had a real go and always competed. Pretty decent game over all.

I just wish with no Lynch and being forced to play Balta forward because of a lack of options, along with Kossie and lets be honest he is no Lynch, that these circumstances demand we play a third tall.

Reckon we are missing a trick not playing Bauer or Gray. If for no other reason than to drag big defenders away.
It is simple we need to see what they can offer. We do it in a third tall role taking heat away from them at the same time hopefully taking heat away from Noah and Kossie.
Bauer in this role or Cumberland which is what we seem to be trying. Even Bauer as a third tall defender and Gray third tall. groom him for the Grimes role. Either way we should be playing more than likely both.
Gray is out for a couple of months with a bad hammy.

I didn't think he did struggle against Jackson. Competed in 17 ruck contests for 8 hitouts. Jackson had 56 and 13 (obviously many contests against Nanks). I was impressed.
I agree , some of his tap work is excellent! Quite often he uses a deft little tap & hits one of our players with it

Thought he was one of very few who could walk off with his head held high. He tried his guts out all night.
Same. And he actually looked like he was going to clunk a few. Effort, that's what he bought.

Put together a few good weeks, hope it's a sign of things to come.

Maybe Lynchy has got stuck into him, what a great mentor to have because he can teach him the importance of some aggression as well

He's currently filling the role he was recruited for as a cheap backup for Lynch. That's all we can ask.
Been good two weeks in a row. Keep it up Kosi.

Reactions: 4 users