Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

I think after another pre season Banks will be a better wing option then Hugo , I think there’s a few who will be better options come round 1 next season and that’s not counting our premiership wingman in KMac and Pickett .

I’ve said before ithink he’s improved quite a bit , runs hard and has added an element of toughness , however see him as lacking as an AFL player , fact is he’ll have another pre season under his belt and good luck to him

Reactions: 1 user
His challenges now are to consistently find more ball (12-16 possession games aren’t enough), hang onto his marks (especially when elevated) and be damaging by foot (not just serviceable).

He’s got himself to an ok level AFL player. But we (and he) need to be far more than that.

I think after another pre season Banks will be a better wing option then Hugo , I think there’s a few who will be better options come round 1 next season and that’s not counting our premiership wingman in KMac and Pickett .

I’ve said before ithink he’s improved quite a bit , runs hard and has added an element of toughness , however see him as lacking as an AFL player , fact is he’ll have another pre season under his belt and good luck to him
Need two wings, Mr B. Banks on one and Hugo the other.

I like Ross, but he’s painfully slow. The side needs pace.
Agree re pace CTT , however this is about best option atm , imho KMac is still our best wingman, however it appears he’s not the future , I prefer Ross and Banks with another pre season over Hugo , in saying that I’d like to find better again , it’s possible one of our draftees will start out on awing , Trezise , Brown, Coulthard , Smith are also possiblies , also Driloi and Short could be reinvented there , love the thought of DRioli on a wing

Agree re pace CTT , however this is about best option atm , imho KMac is still our best wingman, however it appears he’s not the future , I prefer Ross and Banks with another pre season over Hugo , in saying that I’d like to find better again , it’s possible one of our draftees will start out on awing , Trezise , Brown, Coulthard , Smith are also possiblies , also Driloi and Short could be reinvented there , love the thought of DRioli on a wing
I wouldn’t mind seeing Dan there, but I think that ship may have sailed. Yze has so far been very risk averse with where he puts his players. His main move is switch Balta between attack and defence.

7 disposals
1 mark
No tackles
2 goals but gave one up at the other end when he dropped a sitter, so a net result of 1 goal.

Was part of the extended bench coming into this game. Should be dropped but seeing other bewildering selections this year I'm not holding my breath.

Part of the problem.

Played permanent forward not wing, am I correct? Has been plying well on a wing so let’s move him. I assume they were hoping he could do some damage aerially, just wanted to have a look.
I think it’s wing or bust, maybe a hbf but his foot skills not precise enough.
Like Langdon his massive tank and running ability is a tick on the wing.
Can use his marking ability anyway if he pushes forward off the wing.
ps. That dropped mark with the footsteps was one of the worst I have ever seen and he will be mightily embarrassed

Can't fault Hugo's efforts today. Nonstop workrate, a goal and a couple of important intercepts. If only he could stick his tackles more but hopefully that will come. Has come a long way this season

Reactions: 6 users
Can't fault Hugo's efforts today. Nonstop workrate, a goal and a couple of important intercepts. If only he could stick his tackles more but hopefully that will come. Has come a long way this season
We’ve had very few bright spots this season. The development of Hugo has been one of them.

Reactions: 11 users
this year Hugo has stood up where others have not
gets points from me. he works hard.