Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

I have no interest with the teams left. Over the next 2 weeks I'll just listen to Green Day 'wake me up when September ends...'

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
That was an epic choke.
Lachie Keefe slaughtered two gettable set shots one out on the full the other missed badly.

The miss in the last cost them the game, he converted that goal Bears backs are broken.

Bad kicking in front of goal will kill you.

Another easy Prelim win coming up for the Cats.

An eve easier Prelim win for the Swans.

Cats are most likely gonna win the flag again FMD.

Giants could be done they've wasted the past 2 seasons, and 2 real shots at silverware and have only collected bad bruising and mental scars.

They can't maintain the pressure game for the entire game and they've faded out in both finals.

The Martin scuttlebutt BS and this season has really left me disillusioned I'm pretty dead to it this week and dont think I will find the passion for the AFL that I used to have even when we sucked.

I'm somewhat disinterested in regard to the whole show right now to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Weak as p1ss.

I really hate this watered down version of what was a once-great game - on and off the field.

Must say I'm disillusioned in a lot of areas of life these days but the AFL and its all-encompassing contrived and controlled circus clown show has definitely succeeded in pushing me away.

Reactions: 2 users
(y)

Must say I'm disillusioned in a lot of areas of life these days but the AFL and its all-encompassing contrived and controlled circus clown show has definitely succeeded in pushing me away.
Yep same.

It's a bit ironic - most people go to more games when their team starts to win more regularly. For me, it's been the opposite. I reckon I went to more games when Carlton couldn't beat an egg - and every year I'm finding myself going to less and less. Neutral games, too - used to love taking in a good game at the G or Marvel that didn't involve my club - but I don't really do that anymore either. Tipping a lot of it has to do with the above.

Local footy has a purity about it that is long gone at the top level, and I've been to far more local games than AFL this year - and have done for some time.

Reactions: 5 users
Local footy has a purity about it that is long gone at the top level, and I've been to far more local games than AFL this year - and have done for some time.
A few guys I worked with stopped going to AFL Games and just go to the local football. They enjoy leaning on the fence watching a game with a can of beer.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So he got the same fine as McCartney who did something much more serious when he chested an opposition player?

What a tin pot competition.

Reactions: 2 users
Kenny could have been a lot more subtle by using presser, ( eg. "We are looking forward to the flight to Sydney") but chose to mouth off.

Wrong time, wrong place, wrong occasion. Insult to Breust 300.

Poor example. Dumb as.

Don't agree with 20,000 fines, but he deserved to be sanctioned, 2,000 or so to go to the Salvos or St John's Ambulance.

Where do the fines go anyway? Office parties at the end of the year?

Reactions: 1 users
Kenny could have been a lot more subtle by using presser, ( eg. "We are looking forward to the flight to Sydney") but chose to mouth off.

Poor example. Dumb as.

Don't agree with 20,000 fines, but he deserved to be sanctioned, 2,000 or so to go to the Salvos or St John's Ambulance.

He apologised and regretted at the start of the presser and he STILL gets fined.

Poor example. Dumb as.

The AFL put out a story a couple of months ago saying MRO fines go into a fund for concussion research. Not sure if these fines got that.

Not sure on the legitimacy of that story, but the AFL obviously felt the need to put it out there.