Waldron does it again. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Waldron does it again.

Bill James said:
Mmmmm! Thinking, who are the two most successful NRL clubs in the last decade? Why did they both seem to be able to hang onto good players better than other clubs? Who owns those clubs? Would the NRL executive like to stick it in the eye of that owner? Lot more intrigue to play our yet methinks.

Interesting theory Bomber!

Frankly, I think Gallop should be sacked over this fiasco - establishing a situation where ateam plays for nothing for nearly a whole season is a laughing stock - this was said time and again on ABC Grandstand here in Qld.

And worse, with team having seemingly nothing to play for other than pride, and that will wear thin after a couple of games without some vision, a situation may arise where the Storm get to decide who makes this year's finals, and who doesn't!

I've also come to the realisiation that stripping the players and supporters of the premierships is a futile exercise. This is chiefly due to the fact that 80% of the premiership experience cannot be taken away. Sure a cup can and a bit of history is attempted to wiped clean, but the gap leaves an almighty stain in any event.

It wasn't the players that chose to breach the Salary Cap, it was a select few administrators, and such a breach in the future should ensure that those truly responsible become personally financially responsible, much like ASIC law.

The club must be honour contracts it has, but remove $700K worth from the playing roster. Which two is the club's decision. If those players seek to play elsewhere and can be accommodated, so be it as well. Returning the playing status quo ASAP is critical for the integrity and credibility of that Code

Gallop couldn't see that - he has to go!

tiger12 said:
I'm assuming you went T74, if so, good onya.

I've had a rethink. Initially my view was pack up and stuff the Sydney-centric morons, but in hindsight, they have paid Melbourne the ultimate compliment - they are green with envy. They hate the progress the Storm has made.

I'm not a follower of rugby league, but I am going to buy a Storm membership and attend some of the games. I want to see every shade of green on the faces of Gallop and his cronies. GO STORM!

Nicely said mate, and yeah I did go (great night and great game). As many (including myself) have said, we now need to maintain this, and its easier said than done. Two nice factors in our favour though:

1) lots of purple was in the crowd - contrary to the media speculation that Kiwis would pad the crowd out. Also it wasn't just "purple" as one media commentator put it. It was the club gear. As such, I don't think it was a protest vote that will disappear after 1-2 months as some have said, but a lot of the people who may not have been to the game in some time (myself included).

2) listening to Grandstand before the game, I heard them saying Storm gear was being sold at 50% discounts because of the drop in demand. Thought I'd check out the merchandise stand at the ground, because the Tigers discount their stock from time to time, and if there was a time to drop prices, you would imagine it would be nice. To my surprise, and my wallets disappointment, no discounts, but they still seemed to be doing a nice trade. Know the sympathy sales will drop off quickly, but the lack of discounts shows there is not a fire sale mentality at the club.

Won't lie, I won't be going to all games this year, but I will be definitely getting to several again. Especially looking forward to the new stadium.

waldron saying apparently all but one NRL club is rorting the salary cap, and hes not gonna be made the scapegoat of all this when nearly everyone else is doing it.

good on ya waldron, spill the beans on all the frauds. the NRL is a shambles anyway, why does storm have to suffer.
everyone is cheating, it seems its part of the NRL. in that case, give us our premierships back, and our points and let us go out and win this years premiership again.
bloody gallop and his flogs, trying to rip us storm fans off. take em to court storm.
GIVE IT ALL BACK!!

keepa lids onit said:
waldron saying apparently all but one NRL club is rorting the salary cap, and hes not gonna be made the scapegoat of all this when nearly everyone else is doing it.

Needs to back up any claims with facts. "Everyone else does it" sounds lame.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Needs to back up any claims with facts. "Everyone else does it" sounds lame.

agree

whether everyone else does it is not the issue, it's whether you can prove it!!

If he can't show some proof, it means nothing

bowden4president said:
agree

whether everyone else does it is not the issue, it's whether you can prove it!!

If he can't show some proof, it means nothing

Apparently he's named one player leaving the Storm going to one club for $200K paid by a third party, so far as his flashpoint example. All names withheld in the newspaper article. Be interesting to see how thorougly or rigourously that is followed up. I doubt the NRL want this going further, so a cursory look might be all it gets.