Waldron does it again. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Waldron does it again.

TigerFurious said:
I guess the AFL will be taking a bit of a look at Richmond and St Kilda's player payments now.

If this does happen I shudder to think what they might find, particularly during the Casey years.

Didn't they already look at us?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tiger-deals-private/story-0-1111118824913

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I just feel sorry for those poor people who follow the Tigers and the Storm passionately, haven't they suffered enough?

I have two mates in this boat, and they bleeding!

Mind you, I was wrapt. Rugby is a rubbish sport, and I never wanted it in Victoria. Hope the Storm fold and p1ss off once and for all...

Spanish Prisoner said:
I have two mates in this boat, and they bleeding!

Mind you, I was wrapt. Rugby is a rubbish sport, and I never wanted it in Victoria. Hope the Storm fold and p1ss off once and for all...

How unfortunate for you then that's not the sport the Storm play ;)

Geez I love seeing an arrogant, cheating piece of *smile* bought to justice, hopefully he gets his right whack and ends up in the clink. First Jack, now Brian , won't be long now Eddie!

If there is anything good to come out of this, it is this: The AFL may take a closer look (very close) at all those supposed "third party" deals etc that have become the talk of the town in AFL circles recently. The rigid policing of that must be top priority.

arlobill said:
i think i heard the afl will be looking at the saints books..though they didnt win any premerships,so they cant have any taken away.....

i dont follow rugby but find the penalties way to harsh..as the real people who suffer will be the players, who didnt know about the cheating, and mainly all the supporters..i know many of the kids at my sons school absolutley love the storm.the nrl should of thought of these people before such heavy penalties were handed out...they have destroyed any chance of the nrl becoming a national game...

GO TIGERS....

Rubbish if someone was depositing money into your bank account you would know if its the amount it should be, alternately if you were handed a brown paper bag you would know it wasnt above board.

The players taking the sling would know

Remember listening to this guy years ago on Fridays with KB.
He came across as cocky and arrogant always cutting off callers and KB kept telling him to let the caller finish then you can reply.

By the way, St Kilda are now 2nd favorite for the wooden spoon...hmmmm...

hopper said:
Geez, I hope they don't make us pay back all our prize money from the years where Waldron ran the joint! ;)

The AFL should strip away our wooden spoons

Had dealings with Brian when he was a sports teacher in the late 80s early 90s. Was a smug, arrogant prick back then, who delighted in showing off his sporting talents to the youngsters.

I have nil sympathy for him...

Just proves how fake job interviews are.

Who the hell were his references when going from Richmond to St Kilda to Storm and now the Rebels?

Phantom said:
I woke to this morning's headlines to a good laugh.

Waldron has soiled not only the complete history of the Melbourne Storm but also probably the reputation of Melbourne as a city in Rugby League circles.

Many of you may remember Waldron's shennanigans at Tigerland during the 90s that saw us needing to go up to the AFL on charges of breaking the salary cap.

My personal dealings with Waldron, at the time, found him to be a man who thought everyone else was absurd and that only he had the answers. I later found out that I was not the only one to share this view.

I cringed throughout Waldron's tenure at the Melbourne Storm, regardless of their wins.

Now it has all been taken away.
Waldron has been shown up for the cur that he is.
I'll walk through today with a little smile on my face.

I shall look forward to the police's further investigations into Mr Waldron.

I've had nothing to do with him and think he's a leach just from seeing and listenting to him on the tv and radio. Getting his just deserts now.

Isn't it funny, Melbourne Storm's training ground is Princess Park (Carlton's home)?

The cheating mentality looked like it spread from the scum to the storm!

Just to throw a bit of dirt.
Cameron Vale is Norths chief financial officer. He held a similar position with the Storm during all this. He claims he knew nothing.
Perhaps someone wiser than I on these matters can shed some light on how a "chief financial officer" can not know where over $1 million dollars went. Maybe he isn't very good at his job?
I guess it would be a bit easier at the Roos. They wouldnt have a million lying around to pay under the table.

Brodders17 said:
Just to throw a bit of dirt.
Cameron Vale is Norths chief financial officer. He held a similar position with the Storm during all this. He claims he knew nothing.
Perhaps someone wiser than I on these matters can shed some light on how a "chief financial officer" can not know where over $1 million dollars went. Maybe he isn't very good at his job?
I guess it would be a bit easier at the Roos. They wouldnt have a million lying around to pay under the table.

He's the chief and he should know as internal and external auditors report to him.

Can the Storm now, in turn, sue Waldron?

Pretty big fall from grace.

He could be back at St Kilda soon......... pimping his ar$e down in on Fitzroy St!