Waldron does it again. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Waldron does it again.

ZeroGame said:
One of the papers said that it was understood that the whistle blower was a former Storm executive that now works at an AFL club
Not hard to figure out who that is

Strong word is that 'Cameron Vale' was the whistle blower.

I'm not going to worry about this.

It's true, I don't know very much at all about Rugby League, if at all, and I certainly don't follow it.

All I know is that Waldron is a cur from way back.

And from my aspect, as a non-committed Rugby League Victorian, the NSW-centric NRL appears to have never truly embraced its Melbourne club, even though Melbournians have embraced the Storm and spent their "hard earned" supporting the club.

I certainly don't give two hoots about Newscorp.

As for feeling sympathy for the Storm because I am a Richmond supporter,
I've never asked supporters of other clubs to feel sympathy towards Richmond because of our plight.
It's our mess, it's up to us to clean it up.
And we unemotionally attempt to gain every advantage that we can, in the process.

If anything the strong relationship between the Collingwood Football Club, Athletics Australia, and the Storm has seen both the RFC & RCC crowded out of Gosch's paddock, recently Victoria Park, and possibly in the future Melbourne Park (the park which holds both the MCG & PRG.

Whilst the Press looks at Waldron and Storm, a keen investigator may wish to cast an eye towards Eddie as head of both the Carringbush & Athletics Australia and what ground concessions Athletics Australia has given to the Carringbush these last few years.
1. The Lexus Centre
2. Gosch's Paddock.
3. Olympic Park, with AA moving to Albert Park.
4. A move back to Victoria Park for their reserves.

Too many centrally located grounds for merely one AFL club.
At our expense.

This, I'm more concerned about, as a Tiger supporter.

mb64 said:
he's denying it but most are pointing the finger at him

"I strongly object to being branded a whistleblower. The only contact I have had with the NRL has been at its instigation. I have not acted unlawfully and am willing to assist in any way necessary."

Not much of a denial when you look at it closely.

mb64 said:
he's denying it but most are pointing the finger at him

Not surprised. Can't imagine any one standing up saying "Yes, it was me"

One-eyed Tiger said:
Can the Storm now, in turn, sue Waldron?Pretty big fall from grace.

He could be back at St Kilda soon......... pimping his ar$e down in on Fitzroy St!

I remember very clearly listening to Waldron on SEN a couple of years ago when there was some scandal at another NRL club,and he was ranting that if any Storm player brought shame on the club he would sue them.

Phantom said:
And, I don't have much, if any, sympathy for the Storm nor, I suppose, its supporters.
They should have known what they were getting into.

Storm supporters never asked for fraud to be committed on their behalf.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"I strongly object to being branded a whistleblower. The only contact I have had with the NRL has been at its instigation. I have not acted unlawfully and am willing to assist in any way necessary."

as much as Aussies hate a cheat, we also hate a dobber

this could get ugly for Vale if it is him

antman said:
Storm supporters never asked for fraud to be committed on their behalf.

also I'm yet to figure out the link between the Storm and Waldron, and any deals the Pies have ???

Tiger74 said:
as much as Aussies hate a cheat, we also hate a dobber

this could get ugly for Vale if it is him

Imagine if it was him and he happened to bump into Jeff Lima or Ryan Hoffman or any of the '07 or '09 players in a the street.
It could get ugly :bash

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Correct. His denial is based on semantics in that "I don't go and willingly dob on the Storm, the NRL asked me what happened and I told them everything"

Tiger74 said:
I will be going Sunday, to be one more bum on a seat, in a show of support for the storm. NRL will never be my favourite sport, and it will never be no.1 in this state, but it doesn't mean the storm is irrelevant for this town.

I'm assuming you went T74, if so, good onya.

I've had a rethink. Initially my view was pack up and stuff the Sydney-centric morons, but in hindsight, they have paid Melbourne the ultimate compliment - they are green with envy. They hate the progress the Storm has made.

I'm not a follower of rugby league, but I am going to buy a Storm membership and attend some of the games. I want to see every shade of green on the faces of Gallop and his cronies. GO STORM!

tiger12 said:
I'm assuming you went T74, if so, good onya.

I've had a rethink. Initially my view was pack up and stuff the Sydney-centric morons, but in hindsight, they have paid Melbourne the ultimate compliment - they are green with envy. They hate the progress the Storm has made.

I'm not a follower of rugby league, but I am going to buy a Storm membership and attend some of the games. I want to see every shade of green on the faces of Gallop and his cronies. GO STORM!
Good on you t12

Mmmmm! Thinking, who are the two most successful NRL clubs in the last decade? Why did they both seem to be able to hang onto good players better than other clubs? Who owns those clubs? Would the NRL executive like to stick it in the eye of that owner? Lot more intrigue to play our yet methinks.