U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

I thought it was all set up 4 years ago, that Kamala Harris would take over from Biden, seemed obvious IMO. Replace Biden with a black females, engage the black vote, engage the female vote against Trump, but they haven't gone this way for whatever reason.
Has always polled far lower than Biden. She's a bigger disaster. A moronic giggler, word salads every time she talks that say nothing, lazy and Biden gave her the suicide job of looking after the border which is one of their biggest fails. The Republicans are just pushing an advertising campaign that a vote for Biden is a vote for her because they know it'll resonate, she's no chance. Their only chance is with a new candidate.

Reactions: 1 users
Jon Stewart's take. This is the last couple of mins and a 15min vid. Whole thing is worth watching but the ending just nails it all.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They are both too old. Biden is just too old, Trump is a maniacal narcissist in addition to being too old.

I figure Biden would do less damage but not much of a choice.

The Dems need to find someone else fast.

Interesting they held this debate before the conventions, maybe some in the Dems were looking to either sink Biden or just to see if he can handle the debate. I reckon there will be some pretty big moves to replace Biden before the convention, biggest problem they have is finding a decent replacement. Kamala Harris has been a disappointment. VP is a *smile* job but she hasn't shown the ability to step into the main job. They have to find a good candidate in a hurry.

Still, I always go back to that old truism: whoever you vote for, the government gets in.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
The only way they will change candidate if the PACS behind Biden agree to continue funding the new candidate. For that to happen the new candidate needs to agree to whatever Biden has with them

The only way they will change candidate if the PACS behind Biden agree to continue funding the new candidate. For that to happen the new candidate needs to agree to whatever Biden has with them
Gee, where will they find a politician willing to do what the money wants?

• Haha

I'd be reasonably sure that would not be too hard. I think the hardest task would be convincing Biden to quit.

DS

Biden considers himself to be a lifetime civil servant of his country. Well, someone needs to explain to him that right now, the greatest contribution he could make in his lifetime of service is to resign right now as the Democratic nominee.

It would be the most significant contribution in his career that he could possibly make, to the well being of his country.

Last edited:
Jon Stewart's take. This is the last couple of mins and a 15min vid. Whole thing is worth watching but the ending just nails it all.

You gotta feel for all of the many decent Yanks out there!

Just imagine having to pick between one of those two geriatrics... Urgh...

What a *smile* show America is.

Biden should not run. Can you imagine an 85yo president? Trump should not even be considered. But Biden won't step aside because of Ego and his hate for Trump.

There's no way the Democrats could move on Biden now, its too late. It will look great for Trump if he beats out *their first preference* and then he runs against a second. I can hear him say "this guy's no good. He wasn't even able to beat Biden as their first choice".

Democrats to be kicked out of Presidency, and America to really go flush itself down the drain.

Last edited:
Haaarrrgggh. Just gotta love it, politics worldwide it's always about the ego, power n money but nowhere comes close to the septics who've perfected the art. Poor old sheeples simply keep lining up behind n blindly following.

What a *smile* show America is.

Biden should not run. Can you imagine an 85yo president? Trump should not even be considered. But Biden won't step aside because of Ego and his hate for Trump.

There's no way the Democrats could move on Biden now, its too late. It will look great for Trump if he beats out *their first preference* and then he runs against a second. I can hear him say "this guy's no good. He wasn't even able to beat Biden as their first choice".

Democrats to be kicked out of Presidency, and America to really go flush itself down the drain.

Yes, I can see the line Trump would run and it is a good line.

But, having the debate prior to the convention means the Dems do have time to change horse. Just need to find someone good enough to beat the idiot.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Even a senile unwell biden wouldnt do 1/1000th of the damage trump will do.

Lets not confuse cognitive capacity, with ideology.

The Dems owe it to the whole planet to put up someone younger
Trump doesn’t have an “ideology.” You actually need principles and discipline for that. He’s a man of zero principles or discipline.

Last edited:
It’s why I was always skeptical of tying our entire defence framework to such an explicit pact as AUKUS. You are assuming the US will always be reliable and sane. Putting all eggs in that basket.

Self reliant, armed neutrality may cost you more overall, but certainly has its advantages. And can take varying forms, between what the likes of Switzerland, France, Sweden and Finland have employed over the years.

Reactions: 3 users