Troy Simmonds to Retire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Troy Simmonds to Retire

Time's right. It will hopefully provide an opportunity for Gourdis to be elevated to be tried either down back instead of McGuane or even up forward as the extra tall instead of Rance.

Gourdis cannot be upgraded off the back of a retirement.

We all saw it coming. Body just coulndnt go on.

Well done Troy. Thanks for all the memories. Best wishes in retirement.

zips said:
Gourdis cannot be upgraded off the back of a retirement.

exactly, he should have been put on the long term injury list and retired at the end of the season instaed.

peggles said:
exactly, he should have been put on the long term injury list and retired at the end of the season instaed.
Is this fact.

So a player retires but cant be replaced yet if he fakes long term injury can be replaced. ???

yellow_and_black said:
I wonder why he doesnt want to play another few games to reach his 200 milestone ???

I'd say he doesn't want to be seen to be putting personal achievement ahead of the teams - unlike Wallace who requested a final game. :p

Well done Troy, always carried himself with dignity and tried hard.

I am glad to see that Troy has retired as the game and what his body can do have now passed him by.

I could never understand why the RFC retained Simmonds at the end of last season and delisted Pattison. I thought that Patto would atleast be able to provide a contest, would be more mobile around the Ground and was a far better option for us than Simmonds.

NZ Tiger said:
I am glad to see that Troy has retired as the game and what his body can do have now passed him by.

I could never understand why the RFC retained Simmonds at the end of last season and delisted Pattison. I thought that Patto would atleast be able to provide a contest, would be more mobile around the Ground and was a far better option for us than Simmonds.

Yep, Simmo only came back because he was asked to. No doubt he has given his all this season, but it just wasn't enough.

Thanks Simmo :clap

I’ll remember Snake fondly, he got the most out of his ability and played some good footy for us. Probably could have be an All Australian one year for us.

Dunno why we kept him, but that’s the club’s call not Simmo’s