Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

But would Yze want him there?
If he wants to build his own side and do it his way he may not want former players around
this is a good question... and while it's admirable that Yze may want to build his own thing ..

but single mindedness can be like a snail on a razor blade ...

Cotch along with others won't be back at the club while Yze is there.

wasn't Cotchin on the recommendation panel that helped get him the gig?

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, moving those photos was just about the most heinous act that had ever been perpetrated at Punt Rd. (Alongside trading Andy Collins.)
I see your claim, Wombat, and I counter claim your Andy with Andy.....

Goodwin!

Absolute travesty when he was moved on.
A great Tiger.

And as mad as a cut snake!

this is a good question... and while it's admirable that Yze may want to build his own thing ..

but single mindedness can be like a snail on a razor blade ...

wasn't Cotchin on the recommendation panel that helped get him the gig?

Yep

Reactions: 1 user
I see your claim, Wombat, and I counter claim your Andy with Andy.....

Goodwin!

Absolute travesty when he was moved on.
A great Tiger.

And as mad as a cut snake!
Watched Andy run the length of the field to deck someone (whom had mistreated another Box Hill player) when playing for Mustangs pre Tigers days, always a fave.

He's such a class act is Cotch.... diplomatically said nice things about Cornes.... then pointed out the difference in their approach to critiquing blokes!

As I said in a previous post, he'll be a gun for hire and if Brisbane get the job done and he's helped some of those serious dìckheads put their egos away to do it....... they'll be queuing up for him!
He definitely hasn't ruled out a return to Tigerland sometime down the track 🙂

Reactions: 8 users
i would generally agree, but the 2025 version of Richmond will be very different to the version Cotch knew, both on and off the field.

That said, he will probably enjoy being back part of a winning team for a couple of years. He can come back 2027.
He'll still know a lot of the playing list, as their teammate or Captain.

Let some water go under the bridge.

Reactions: 2 users
Let Cotch do his coaching apprenticeship at another club for experience before considering trying to get him back in the fold. It will broaden his mind, get fresh ideas and be a better coach for it.
Edit. I have just read The Generals post a couple of pages back so seem to have duplicated his ideas on letting our greats getting experience elsewhere first. For once I may well be right!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Let Cotch do his coaching apprenticeship at another club for experience before considering trying to get him back in the fold. It will broaden his mind, get fresh ideas and be a better coach for it.
Edit. I have just read The Generals post a couple of pages back so seem to have duplicated his ideas on letting our greats getting experience elsewhere first. For once I may well be right!
Cotchin himself said he needed to get a look at a different environment after having spent his entire AFL career at Richmond, but he did mention that being back at Punt Rd is part of the plan.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
I would boot Yze tommorow, to get Cotchin back.
If Yze can't work alongside blokes like Cotchin, get him out now
I wouldn't. Yze will be lucky to make it through the rebuild. He has years of coaching experience.
Cotchin has little formal coaching experience (leadership/mentorship not the same). At worst, Yze rides the bumps for a following coach. At best, he helps turn us around.

It's not 1996 Richmond anymore.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't. Yze will be lucky to make it through the rebuild. He has years of coaching experience.
Cotchin has little formal coaching experience (leadership/mentorship not the same). At worst, Yze rides the bumps for a following coach. At best, he helps turn us around.

It's not 1996 Richmond anymore.
Please I love 1996
Johnny Howat & Robbie Powell my favourites

• Haha
Watched Andy run the length of the field to deck someone (whom had mistreated another Box Hill player) when playing for Mustangs pre Tigers days, always a fave.
One of my favourite players!!! Almost went to the footy just to see who Andy would size up each week