Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

It’s a no brainer to get him back if we can. Reckon the if we can part is the challenge. Cotch seems like the kind of guy who would like to spread his wings a bit. Doubt he would want to come back to Tigerland so soon but would be worth asking!

Reactions: 5 users
Gives Cotch credit and cornhole would've been squirming hearing this.

Love it..... Raynor talking to a bloke who drags people down about a bloke who builds people up!

I can't imagine a world exists where Cornes is ever asked to address any group, be it sporting or otherwise, on leadership or selflessness.

Cotch = Gun4Hire
Cornes = Baits4Clicking

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
It’s a no brainer to get him back if we can. Reckon the if we can part is the challenge. Cotch seems like the kind of guy who would like to spread his wings a bit. Doubt he would want to come back to Tigerland so soon but would be worth asking!
But would Yze want him there?
If he wants to build his own side and do it his way he may not want former players around

Reactions: 6 users
Love it..... Raynor talking to a bloke who drags people down about a bloke who builds people up!

I can't imagine a world exists where Cornes is ever asked to address any group, be it sporting or otherwise, on leadership or selflessness.

Cotch = Gun4Hire
Cornes = Baits4Clicking
Nailed it.

Perfect post.

More cotch, less corn, better world

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I’d be concerned if Yze didn’t want someone like Cotch around. I reckon you surround yourself with the best possible people.
there’s an old saying, if you want to be the smartest person in the room, surround yourself with dumb people

But would Yze want him there?
If he wants to build his own side and do it his way he may not want former players around
Think Cotch would prefer to work with other clubs for the time being, Lions appear a good fit atm. Maybe come back to us down the track.

Reactions: 10 users

Cotch = Gun4Hire
Cornes = Baits4Clicking
I would've loved to have seen Cornes face when Raynor credited the Chimp for the help he has given him.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Think Cotch would prefer to work with other clubs for the time being, Lions appear a good fit atm. Maybe come back to us down the track.
I agree. Like Newy, go out and find some different experiences to round out your own.
Give Cotch a few years of seeing different set ups and cultures. He can still learn from others and bring the intel back.

Reactions: 6 users
The Flag Whisperer will be on with Dwayne Russell after 2 today.
Once Hutchison runs his post-news ads, that'll make it around 2.45!
Expecting Cotch to confess that the genesis of Richmond's resurgence actually started in May 2015 when we beat Port Adelaide over there..... took awhile to kick in, but over the next few years Dimma went back to that moment for inspiration in every pre GF address, and the rest as they say.... is history!😏

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. Like Newy, go out and find some different experiences to round out your own.
Give Cotch a few years of seeing different set ups and cultures. He can still learn from others and bring the intel back.
i would generally agree, but the 2025 version of Richmond will be very different to the version Cotch knew, both on and off the field.

That said, he will probably enjoy being back part of a winning team for a couple of years. He can come back 2027.