Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

that kick to lynch and the fake that preceded it was a thing of beauty. Particularly the fake.

Reactions: 2 users
With it likely to be the Skips final season next year, I can see him only playing about 60% off the season , keeping the rig in tip top shape for September.

Be interesting who is the next Skip ?

Reactions: 1 user
With it likely to be the Skips final season next year, I can see him only playing about 60% off the season , keeping the rig in tip top shape for September.

Be interesting who is the next Skip ?
Why likely? He'll be 31, with another year on his contract, with the chance to lead his team to only the second fourpeat in history, and the first achieved honestly.

Reactions: 1 users
Cotch is close to our longest serving captain. ..currently second most games I believe and not far off the most.
Once he is number one he can do whatever he likes in my view. He has done more than his share.
Another flag would be nice

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone listening to 3AW? Apparently Benny's wife has done an interview with the Sunday Herald Sun slamming what Rick Kennedy said about lack of support and says the Cotchins have threatened to leave the hub. Can't say his form has dropped with all the drama but it can't be setting a great example to the rest of the team. And I dare say she wouldn't have spoken without permission which is interesting in itself.

Anyone listening to 3AW? Apparently Benny's wife has done an interview with the Sunday Herald Sun slamming what Rick Kennedy said about lack of support and says the Cotchins have threatened to leave the hub. Can't say his form has dropped with all the drama but it can't be setting a great example to the rest of the team. And I dare say she wouldn't have spoken without permission which is interesting in itself.

Regardless, it’s becoming a distraction. All parties need to get on the party line.

Reactions: 5 users
(This is the interview she gave....)

The wife of Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has defended the club and its handling of Brooke Cotchin’s COVID breach after her father slammed the club and the AFL.
Jane Gale said her husband and Tigers coach Damien Hardwick worked hard to “go in to bat for the Cotchins” after the fallout from a well meaning gift to a day spa.

Brooke’s father Rick Kennedy said the situation was poorly handled and she was “muzzled”.

“For Rick Kennedy to say that Brooke was unsupported is incorrect... he can say it, but it is simply not true,” Jane told the Herald Sun.

“Brendon and his team, including Damien Hardwick had to work hard, go in to bat for the Cotchins and provide personal support to Brooke. Let’s just say it was not a quick turnaround by the Cotchins who threatened to leave the Hub at one point.

“Brooke was gracious enough in the end to take responsibility for the mistake and brave enough to make a public apology.

“She didn’t deserve the public and media outcry. With the support of the club and private support and advice from Brendon, a resolution was found.”

Mrs Gale praised Brooke for speaking out about the toll of online bullying.

“Hopefully, the Cotchins are in a happy place now and forging forward with their three most beautiful children.

“We are all feeling the effects of a strange 2020 and is always best to find some positives,” Mrs Gale said.

I will preface this with saying that I have not read the article but I find it almost impossible to believe that Benny would be signing off on an article that is going to inflame situations. Did Mrs Gale defend the club's handling? I would say probably yes. Did Mrs Gale question Rick Kennedy's version of events? I would say probably yes. How are the media going to portray this with reading as much of the article as I have, WIFE OF RICHMOND CEO SLAMS RICK KENNEDY AND THE COTCHINS, SAYS THEY'RE ALL TROUBLE MAKERS!! CLUB IN TURMOIL!!!

After it had died down it's bubbled along again.
Kennedy stated he was speaking from his own position, wasn't speaking for Brooke or Trent.
But you'd imagine his daughter has told him her version of events.
Messy.