Trading Cousins? - Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading Cousins? - Poll.

Would you trade Cousins for a 2nd round draft pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just found an article which shows you exactly how Ben is influencing our young players.

I found this particular section very interesting:

March said Cousins' teaching capability was the big bonus.

"A couple of weeks ago after we beat Essendon, I was down in the rooms and out of the public eye in the background, Jack Riewoldt had kicked six goals, Ben Cousins was probably talking to him for 15 minutes," he said.

"He was telling him what he had done well in the game but also how he could improve his game.

"I was also talking to young Andrew Collins. Andrew's really come on in leaps and bounds this year.

"I said 'You seem a lot more confident', he said 'I had a chat to Cuz. I'd just get so nervous before a game, I couldn't sleep, I just didn't have a routine'.

"Ben took him through a routine and now he gets to the games relaxed and his football's improving.
"He's constantly teaching our young midfield how to go about their game."

March said Cousins also taught by example the qualities needed to be a champion player, most notably a team-first approach.

The link to the full article is here:

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/tiger-president-applauds-cousins-passion-20090809-edyp.html

Very pleasing how Cuz has passed on so much knowledge to our young mids this year.

My opinion hasn't changed though, if someone were mad enough to offer it we should take it with both hands. Won't happen though.

rockstar_tiger said:
"A couple of weeks ago after we beat Essendon, I was down in the rooms and out of the public eye in the background, Jack Riewoldt had kicked six goals, Ben Cousins was probably talking to him for 15 minutes," he said.

:duh Has JR touched the ball since then?

Cousins must get a contract next year it seems he is enjoying his role in helping develop the side.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25948630-19742,00.html

Tigers of Old said:
Summer starts early for us every year TF.
ah oldie just when i lose all hope for you some plain old fashioned truth.

Tigers of Old said:
Very pleasing how Cuz has passed on so much knowledge to our young mids this year.

My opinion hasn't changed though, if someone were mad enough to offer it we should take it with both hands. Won't happen though.
and concise with it oldie hang on a min im missing something here aint i. :hihi

Dyer Disciple said:
Who dared bring this thread back to life? :cutelaugh

I was having this conversation with a few opposition supporters last night.
Some felt Richmond's new coach should even retire Cousins others thought we'd be mad to even consider letting him go but most were in agreement that he's being wasted at Richmond. :-\
Certainly a good conversation topic is Benny.

Tigers of Old said:
Some felt Richmond's new coach should even retire Cousins others thought we'd be mad to even consider letting him go but most were in agreement that he's being wasted at Richmond. :-\

Few footy topics polarises people more, though the interstate home games does all right. :hihi

Tigers of Old said:
...but most were in agreement that he's being wasted at Richmond. :-\

They obviously hadn't heard Cousins say he felt he had more to offer a club like Richmond than other more successful clubs due to the leadership and guidence he can bring. Think it was on Nova last week.

He clearly doesn't think he's wasting his time.

Ben said he feels like he's more useful and can contribute more value to a club like Richmond than clubs like Collingwood or St Kilda.

I think he wants to leave an imprint on our club and be partly responsible for the impossible task of turning this place into a powerhouse.

He's got the fever that everyone gets when they dream of being the one to restore us to be kings.

Tigers of Old said:
rockstar_tiger said:
Ben said he feels like he's more useful and can contribute more value to a club like Richmond than clubs like Collingwood or St Kilda.

I think he wants to leave an imprint on our club and be partly responsible for the impossible task of turning this place into a powerhouse.

He's got the fever that everyone gets when they dream of being the one to restore us to be kings.

Did any other club have a pick or 2 before us? huh, whats that...ohh they did.
They had their opportunity to pick him, but didn't. Think they're just sooking..
He's not being wasted , he's contributing to our players' development. We have NEEDS too.