Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Isn't it interesting, the both times Richmond win the spoon and are entitled to pick 1, we get screwed and end up with pick 2

Carlton getting a priority pick for krusier and now the lions matching Ashcroft

Don't think that's happened to any other club

Yep we really got screwed getting pick 2 after Kruezer

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I'm confused. Does this draft hand involve trading Bolton to WCE for pick 4 and Bolton to Freo for pick 10 and 11? If Blair can do this we should sign him up for another 20 years. Sorry, I don't get it.
Disregard.Top of my head doesn't function like it use too.
Should read-1/2/4/6/(13 or 23)/20/24
(Part of Rioli trade)

Reactions: 1 user
Yep same. Freo historically aren’t the best to do deal with.

I would give Bolton and Baker for picks 3 and 14.

Or pay Graham enough for us to get band 1. Then West Coast can keep pick 14 and take Baker and Bolton for pick 3.
Not so sure. Melbourne did very well
Frockers gave up pick 13 F1 F2 for Melbournes overrated Luke Jackson

Last edited:
I know there re question marks over Langford's athletic profile but he is all footballer, so smart, great overhead and below his knees and looks to me he will be a goal kicking mid. Looks a cross between Bont and Roughead!
There's alot to like about Langford.Consistent performances throughout the year the standout.The problem and not his fault is we're a slow side through the midfield and we're losing 2 of our quickest on field in Rioli & Bolton.
I would say though that i'd have Langford before Smillie.

Reactions: 2 users
Isn't it interesting, the both times Richmond win the spoon and are entitled to pick 1, we get screwed and end up with pick 2

West Coast finished last in 2010 and got pick 4.

Disregard.Top of my head doesn't function like it use too.
Should read-1/2/4/6/(13 or 23)/20/24
(Part of Rioli trade)
Cool...didn't mean to come across as a smart-a... The speculation is great to pass some time away but its best for my little brain to just wait for the actual real trades to happen...I'm off to watch some wet paint.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
In principle we were, in outcome it was a Matrix-like bullet dodge - except courtesy of a Blue pill.
Screw principle. We won 3 Premierships off the back of that draft. Blues didn't. MFC kept being assisted by the AFL until they scraped 1 in and have subsequently imploded into a basket case.

I haven’t contributed much to draft conversations but I have read everything all you guys have discussed. My opinion or hope is that we do everything we can to obtain picks 2 & 3 to go along with our pick 1 and select FOS, Smith & Lalor. I cannot see that any of the 3 will become duds and more likely to be very good to great players. We need guns and these 3 are it. We will lose later picks but we will still have a good enough hand to pick a key position forward or two and a small forward with the depth of this draft. We will also have a decent draft hand next year. These 3 could easily go number 1 in previous years drafts apart from ones where there have been a standout like Harley Reid. I don’t know why but I would prefer this approach than to spread out our picks because no other club has ever had the opportunity to be able to have picks 1, 2 & 3 in a draft and I’m sure if any club were in a position to do so, they would do everything they can to make it happen. So why not let it be us to make it happen and dominate this draft. It doesn’t have to be FOS, Smith & Lalor. If the club thinks there is a better player or players to fill those positions I would back them in. So long as they pick the 3 best kids in the draft is all that counts.
Good post. Devil's advocate - aren't they saying this year the top 15-20 are all guns? So, better to have 4 or 5 or even 6 picks?

Still say if Lions dont come to the party and do us a solid we nominate Levi as our first pick and make em pay FULL price. Dont understand our clubs mentality. If they dont help us whey shud we continually get screwed and play the nice guy card. Owe these wankers nothing especially after 2022 final rubbish call.

Reactions: 4 users
Still say if Lions dont come to the party and do us a solid we nominate Levi as our first pick and make em pay FULL price. Dont understand our clubs mentality. If they dont help us whey shud we continually get screwed and play the nice guy card. Owe these wankers nothing especially after 2022 final rubbish call.
I certainly don’t fully understand intricacies of the draft - all the points etc

Nor do I understand the pros and cons of using our first pick on another clubs F/S

So how does it work if we were to bid on Ashcroft - then have Brisbane come in and claim him - followed by us then choosing the next bloke in line?

In that scenario - who ends up being referred to as the official “No 1 pick in the 2024 AFL Draft” - Ashcroft or our (second choice) bloke?

Does that matter?
I must have read somewhere that it might be seen as a slight to our bloke in despite being our first choice we bid on the other bloke?

I’ve got no idea - so happy to learn something here

I certainly don’t fully understand intricacies of the draft - all the points etc

Nor do I understand the pros and cons of using our first pick on another clubs F/S

So how does it work if we were to bid on Ashcroft - then have Brisbane come in and claim him - followed by us then choosing the next bloke in line?

In that scenario - who ends up being referred to as the official “No 1 pick in the 2024 AFL Draft” - Ashcroft or our (second choice) bloke?

Does that matter?
I must have read somewhere that it might be seen as a slight to our bloke in despite being our first choice we bid on the other bloke?

I am with you.Things have changed since Wilo and GR went out and recruited what we needed.

Anyone else hearing JGTI is staying? 💛🖤💪

Does that matter?

Levi Ashcroft would be considered the #1 pick, our guy is the second pick. It matters in the sense clubs should keep other clubs honest and make them pay a fair price for that pick. We bid on Levi at 1 to force Lions to use the most points on Levi because he is worth that price. So Lions have to use their equivalent picks to match the bid at Levi at 1 which is worth 3000 points. So they’d trade out 18 because it’s a high value pick for later picks that add up to 3000 points. They get a slight discount because he is a FS selection.

All this talk of many clubs making big offers 4 Gold Coast pick 13 seems to indicate Rioli not getting his worth of picks.... 6 only isn't enough for mine..

Reactions: 4 users