Trade Time !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Time !!

David C said:
Can anyone explain why the AFL allocates such a long period for this circus?

What deals are going to be done in almost two weeks that cannot be done in just one?

Keeps the AFL in the papers & on the box for 10 days

If the rumour is true as T/Pops mentioned with Pert, then RFC should up the anty! Pies only offered 1st rd & 2nd Rd picks.
Hmm maybe we make it interesting, throw in 1st rd this year & next year and as a sweetner throw in Conca. (2 1st rounders and a player) that will F up the Pies !
Similar to what we did for Judd

David C said:
Can anyone explain why the AFL allocates such a long period for this circus?

What deals are going to be done in almost two weeks that cannot be done in just one?

It will be a reality tv show soon......"The Draftee". It will drag on for weeks, with the number one draft pick choosing the club he wants to go to by a process of elimination. It will be List Manager vs List Manager. Cant wait to see what the dates will be like.

se7en said:
Agree, can't see why we can't get both

Yep, why not both. Bugg has played 65 games while Townsend has only played 28. Why not enquire about Bugg cos at the moment he is headed to Melbourne and I haven't heard whispers about any other club being interested. He has played a lot more consistently than Townsend and he wouldn't be that expensive - won't set the world alight but he is tough and courageous and hard at it. he is the type of player I think we need at our club to strengthen our depth and to challenge others who are gifted games. Townsend sounds a little more speculative, but from what others have said, might also add to our depth. I would be happy to add these two guys but still need a couple of quality trades/picks.

Go Toigs! said:
It will be a reality tv show soon......"The Draftee". It will drag on for weeks, with the number one draft pick choosing the club he wants to go to by a process of elimination. It will be List Manager vs List Manager. Cant wait to see what the dates will be like.
Pretty sure they did that last year, Vossy coached the potentials through the pre nuptials n cried a bit n then Pordadalayde married the winner, then divorced him a couple of weeks ago.

Day 3 Trade period.
Geelong has now landed 3 big fish in Dangerfield, Selwood and now Henderson. And they are still hoping to get Zac smith, probably will.
We are yet to land a sardine....am getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

A sardine would be enormous for us realistically we are setting whitebait traps :hihi ..... in saying that whitebait patties are delish

tigermouseau said:
Day 3 Trade period.
Geelong has now landed 3 big fish in Dangerfield, Selwood and now Henderson. And they are still hoping to get Zac smith, probably will.
We are yet to land a sardine....am getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

Well, they all nominated Geelong.

tigermouseau said:
Day 3 Trade period.

wouldn't call Selwood and Henderson big fish. First round pick for Henderson is a big win for Carlton i reckon.
Geelong are just topping up with anything they can get their hands on cause they know their kids are sh$t.
Dangerfield was just pure luck.

It's not really surprise is it given the profile players departing the Cats that they're bringing some seasoned players in.
S.Selwood just went in for more ankle surgery today too FWIW.
Henderson? He's ok.
Dangerfield is the catch. Not fussed on the rest.

Columbo said:
wouldn't call Selwood and Henderson big fish. First round pick for Henderson is a big win for Carlton i reckon.
Geelong are just topping up with anything they can get their hands on cause they know their kids are sh$t.
Dangerfield was just pure luck.

Looks like Geelong will extend their winning streak over us for the next few years at least. They will go top 4 next year while we will be lucky to make the eight.

saigon tiger said:
Looks like Geelong will extend their winning streak over us for the next few years at least. They will go top 4 next year while we will be lucky to make the eight.

Just makes you wonder what our plan has been all along, we have apparently offered a few players 750k a year, not one has wanted it. Now we get to trade week & spending our time trying to get Yarran done. The cats weather they are good gets or not have targeted their players & got them so far with a minimum of fuss. Regular workers leave their jobs for bugger all a week pay rise, surely we could of lured someone decent given where the club is at & that sort of money

ThePercies said:
So are North right into Dylan Shiel? Heard from a number of people its getting close to over the line..

He signed a contract extension mid year didn't he?