Trade Time !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Time !!

graystar1 said:
Reported today that there are a few clubs interested in Treloar, and Collingwood are a bit worried. Wonder if e are back in the race. Would prefer him any day to Yarran.
I'd suggest its just a tactic by GWS to scare Collingwood.

Rancey18 said:
I'd suggest its just a tactic by GWS to scare Collingwood.
Whether he ends up somewhere else (preferably us), or other clubs can play a role in forcing Collingwood having to give up more to secure him are positive outcomes.

Interesting email I just got from my quite often reliable source

------

Reason why Richmond got excited about Trelore was that he texted Cotchin and said " Looking fwd to wearing 17 and playing with the Tigers " But his manager got involved and is only dealing with Collingwood - something to do with his managers company going under and Pert's company is in the process of buying them out.

----------
If true this stinks of anti competitive / unethical trading (making terms up as I go). Just does not sound right if there is any shred of truth to this.

Tiger Pops said:

------

Reason why Richmond got excited about Trelore was that he texted Cotchin and said " Looking fwd to wearing 17 and playing with the Tigers " But his manager got involved and is only dealing with Collingwood - something to do with his managers company going under and Pert's company is in the process of buying them out.
----------
If true this stinks of anti competitive / unethical trading (making terms up as I go). Just does not sound right if there is any shred of truth to this.

Collusion maybe the term you're looking for Pops. If that's true, then Collingwood will be in big trouble.

Tiger Pops said:

------

----------

Caro, Robbo, are you rogering that, over.

If there's any truth to it, It'd be cool if Caro was onto it and rang AT's manager and said 'if you go through with this, I'll blow this open as wide as Dank's medicine cabinet'.

TigerForce said:
Collusion maybe the term you're looking for Pops. If that's true, then Collingwood will be in big trouble.
Perfectly described TF.

tigersnake said:
Caro, Robbo, are you rogering that, over.

If there's any truth to it, It'd be cool if Caro was onto it and rang AT's manager and said 'if you go through with this, I'll blow this open as wide as Dank's medicine cabinet'.
This is where we need to Caro. She should be over this like a cheap suit.

IF there is any truth to this, there is no way it would stay concealed. Way too obvious flouting of the rules. I'm skeptical. If we're reading about it here journos and the league would have got wind of it.

Freo interested in Casboult and even Black from Norf. Anyone interested in our talls? :hmm

What's the stalling on Yarran?

TigerForce said:
Freo interested in Casboult and even Black from Norf. Anyone interested in our talls? :hmm
Any we want to lose ?

What's the stalling on Yarran?
Carlton's inability to set realistic expectations

TigerForce said:
Depends on what's best for us.

Both looking for other opportunities. Ours obviously aren't. Doesn't mean we wont put them on the table if outcome best for us.

Tiger Pops said:
Reason why Richmond got excited about Trelore was that he texted Cotchin and said " Looking fwd to wearing 17 and playing with the Tigers " But his manager got involved and is only dealing with Collingwood - something to do with his managers company going under and Pert's company is in the process of buying them out

How would Treloar's manager have the power to go against his client's wishes and steer him where he wants? Treloar can just walk straight to a different manager and demand that he acts according to his wishes, which is what managers do. The player has the power.
This scenario makes no sense.

zippadeee said:
Active for who? 2 blokes that wouldn't get a game for Coburg? Are you serious.
And don't tell me that someone is there, because that club leaks info like a rusty roof.
I can't see where the improvement going to come from..
Conca finished
Chaplin. If he was a horse they would shoot him
Maric. Finished
Need extra in the middle, need speed.
Trade out FFS

im a wonderin why we aren't into carlise for a chaplin upgrade...zacd smith or luenberger for maric

TJsFurrow said:
How would Treloar's manager have the power to go against his client's wishes and steer him where he wants? Treloar can just walk straight to a different manager and demand that he acts according to his wishes, which is what managers do. The player has the power.

They, the manager, Bucks, Eddie, Pendles, etc, convince the kid that the pies offer would be better for him. The scenario makes plenty of sense.

TJsFurrow said:

This scenario happens all the time. Player is often the pawn.

Can anyone explain why the AFL allocates such a long period for this circus?

What deals are going to be done in almost two weeks that cannot be done in just one?

It's hard to know, but I expect the clubs would have some say in the length of trade time. Maybe it really does take two weeks to get the deals through, particular multiclub player/pick trades. Wouldn't surprise me particularly when you've got other clubs making counter offers. And many deals are contingent on other deals happening or not happening.

I'd stretch it out until Jan 31st. The longer it is the less frantic everyone will become. It also makes sense to be able to reasses your lists after you see what you picked up in the draft.