Trade Period Rating Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Period Rating Poll

How do you rate our trade period

• A

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • B

Votes: 73 32.6%
  • C

Votes: 105 46.9%
  • D

Votes: 34 15.2%
  • E

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
I cant remember a trade year ever where there was so much genuine A grade talent up for grabs. We are finalliy in the window and apparently had plenty of cash to spend.

Yet we landed none of it.

Yazzy improves us slightly and we paid a fair price so that is something, I suppose.

D-

I voted an A also. Added Yarran who has some nice pace and can be elusive. Something we lack at present.

We didn't lose any of our top players either which is a bonus. Overall, I'm happy with our trading. Why chase bit players just for the sake of saying we went after someone. In my opinion, there was not too much on offer that I would want at our club. Even Treloar is a bit of an unknown talent really and they really did pay overs for him. I'm glad our club didn't!

Welcome to our new boys!

B- for me. Would have been great to get a Treleor but two first round picks is a high price to pay, might have lifted rating to a B.

evo said:
I cant remember a trade year ever where there was so much genuine A grade talent up for grabs. We are finalliy in the window and apparently had plenty of cash to spend.

Dangerfield, Trealor... Who else would be A grade?

C frOm me
We had the following needs:
1. Small forward. Not achieved. Looks like we have to draft one of Milera, Rioli or AhChee.
2. Inside mid. Picked up Townsend but could be speculative.
3. Running half back. Yarran.
4. Midfielder. Not addressed. Could be the big fish in 2016 or rely on CEllis to improve.
5. Ruck.
6. Tall back. Cannot understand why we did not get MIchael Talia for the late pick.

Should have got Thomas Bugg

I am disappointed. I thought we would get someone other than Yarran but after Treloar picked the Pies there wasn't much in the uncontracted basket to chase hard. Yarran proved how hard it can be to dislodge a contracted player.

We went hard at Tyson again I heard, contracted
We have a massive interest in O'Meara, contracted
We nibbled at Carlisle but glad we failed given what has happened
Bennell was never coming to us and is a massive risk for Freo

If Moore gets delisted I hope we bring him in as a delisted free agent, would be an upgrade in depth. I expect us to bring in at least mature player with Knights, Petterd, Newman, Foley and possibly Thomas all gone, probably one will be a ruck.

Massive year for a number of players next season. Griffiths, Elton, Astbury, Dea ( if still there), Lloyd, Gordon (if still there), Hampson, Morris. The young guns will be pushing hard for selection. McBean, Castagna, Drummond, C.Ellis, Menadue plus one or two draft picks.

I would have liked another proven AFL player in the trade period so because of that I would give it a B- for the result only.

Sintiger said:
Massive year for a number of players next season. Griffiths, Elton, Astbury, Dea ( if still there), Lloyd, Gordon (if still there), Hampson, Morris.

Think you have just reeled off the 2016 delistings. Though I wish a couple had gone this year.

Think we did well by keeping Lennon and getting Yarran. Yarran is a top flight player when he is interested. Still got our first pick and we didn't lose anyone.

evo said:

Yet we landed none of it.

Yazzy improves us slightly and we paid a fair price so that is something, I suppose.

D-

The best way to get A grade talent in is to go to the draft for it. Dangerfield was a free agent who wanted to go home so he literally landed in Geelong's lap. He still cost them two first rounders. As did Treloar. The Druggies managed to squeeze pick 5 and a decent player for Carlisle and he has already distinguished himself as the dumbest player going around.

The new rules freed to player market up a bit but also had an inflationary effect. At the end of the day, any club that uses a sub 20 pick wisely should get an A grader with it.

Still the best way.

We’ll be entering a new season with essentially the old list. You’d reckon 3 elimination final ‘shutdowns’ in a row would be enough to trigger deeper list change.

Happy that Ivan’s finally got someone with equally crazy eyes to gaze into during pre-game warm ups.

GEDS1 said:
Think we did well by keeping Lennon and getting Yarran. Yarran is a top flight player when he is interested. Still got our first pick and we didn't lose anyone.

This is it in a nutshell. C from me. Think we need more than incremental improvement to get deep into the finals, but Yarran isn't enough to give us a leap.

Most disappointed that we suffered those years where GCS and GWS took all the top picks, in the hope we'd snaffle some good 20yos when they inevitably left the new clubs. I know we tried hard for Adams, Tyson and Treloar (and approached Shiels, etc) but all we have to show for those years of pain is Miles (an astute choice) and Townsend (hopefully another).

glantone said:
We’ll be entering a new season with essentially the old list. You’d reckon 3 elimination final ‘shutdowns’ in a row would be enough to trigger deeper list change.

Bit early to say that. Last year Lambert played from the rookie draft, Drummond (did his knee unfortunately) from the National Draft #52, both played in 2015. If we can be as smart as last year adding 1 or 2 from those drafts still to come, Yarran and potentially Townsend, a good #12 pick, and a full season from a C Ellis, there's plenty to be excited about for 2016. Looking forward to it, time to step up in the finals though this time around.

HeadandShin said:
This is it in a nutshell. C from me. Think we need more than incremental improvement to get deep into the finals, but Yarran isn't enough to give us a leap.

Most disappointed that we suffered those years where GCS and GWS took all the top picks, in the hope we'd snaffle some good 20yos when they inevitably left the new clubs. I know we tried hard for Adams, Tyson and Treloar (and approached Shiels, etc) but all we have to show for those years of pain is Miles (an astute choice) and Townsend (hopefully another).

Just wait til next year when we get jaeger and prestia.