Trade Period Rating Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Period Rating Poll

How do you rate our trade period

• A

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • B

Votes: 73 32.6%
  • C

Votes: 105 46.9%
  • D

Votes: 34 15.2%
  • E

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
toby64 said:
D.

But we will be better next year. :spin
Sounds like my school reports. All it needed was "gets distracted easily". :rofl :rofl :rofl

B

Stayed Focused on our objectives

Didn't blink in a tight contest

Gave Bennells Manager a little love tap to go with

Picked up a hard nut, tackle machine

Added some pace and skill

D+ for me

- Missed out on a big fish
- Didnt address ruck concerns (I would have looked at Leuey at least)
- Still concerns around our tall backs situation (Astbury injury prone, Elton unsure whether up to it, Chaplin last legs)
- Paid around fair value for Yarran
- Townsend is speculative at this stage
- Kept Pick 12

Oh we're from TIII...GERRRR YARRAN & JAKE Oh we're from TII...GERRRR LAND!!!

WooHoo well done tigs

Didn't sell the farm, didn't lose a player, kept our 1st pick, picked up some very good players.

I rate it a C. Would have been nice to get Treloar as apparently we put a lot of work into him, but it's hard to compete with Moneybags McGuire. We got what we wanted with Yarran and he'll be useful. You can only get what's there and as usual there isn't a whole lot on offer during Trade Week. I find it hard to work out why people get so excited about it.

Oh we're from TIII...GERRRR YARRAN & JAKE Oh we're from TII...GERRRR LAND!!!

WooHoo well done tigs

Didn't sell the farm, didn't lose a player, kept our 1st pick, picked up some very good players.

We didn;t think outside the box. While other teams turning the points from late picks into higher first rounders, we sat on pick 12 and traded out a second round pick next year.

D+/C- Range.

Pros: Tactically we were solid, not blinking with Carlton over Yarran was good. Resigning Lennon needed to be done (who is playing half forward otherwise!!???)

Cons: Strategically the offseason was a failure, our whole offseason seems to be geared to coming 5th to 8th again. No risks taken, no bold moves.

Also we overpaid marginally to get pick 19, but if Yarren works out it will be okay.

ryan said:
So 5 off list and possibly 4 on - unless we go 40 on main list and 4 rookies

we had 39 on main list last year & 5 rookies.

can you do that? I thought you're only allowed to have 38, plus 6 rookies/veterans? Newman was a veteran last year, hence the 39 players.

actually, doesn't Lids become a veteran? he's done his 10 years now.

A hair away from fail.

No ruckman. WTF?

Overs for Yarran. No second rounder in next year's bumper draft is inexcusable.

Townsend? Sure.

Lennon? Didn't blink.

Treloar? We are a nice, transparent club. They don't win flags.

All up we lacked balls.

Why not trade into treloar by using Griffiths or Vickery? If GWS doesn't need talls then find a third party.

The only way we are top four bound next season is if Dimma plays the talented kids like George and Liam.

If handbrake goes into preservation mode another year is wasted.

We overrate steady, incremental improvement at the expense of seizing the moment. I would hate to finally bank a prelim final in jacks last year.

Show us a pulse tigers!

…. thank God. After Benny Gale himself said that we were going to be very active in this draft I hate to think of the tsunami of despair that would have hit this place if unknown Townsend proved to be our marlin.
At least Yarran’s got a bit of pizzazz, a bit of personality. Looking forward to seeing him in full flight.

Aside from that, weak as water Richmond.

Yarran gives us something we don't have & could be a huge addition to us. Happy for another mid with 12. Perhaps we are looking to rookie a ruckman ?

Geez... reading this thread you would think we had the God, Allah and Ganesha working for us during the trading period. Get a grip people.

How were we 'supposed' to get Treloar? Anyone see the video of him filmed in Maggot colours from a little bit back? Is on Real Footy if you want to check it out

Nope, no ruckman kinda sucks, but who could we have gotten who would have been an upgrade on what we have? Smith is a shot, but may fail as well...

Re-signed Lennon and didn't flinch on handing over 12 for Yarran, who I think will be awesome with us next season. We did get 19, which showed that we are positive to work with and try to get fair deals happening. No Essendon or Carlton here!

B for me.

Bugg would have been a good get, but let's wait and see what happens during the draft and who we get as rookies etc

I'm on the fence- it is a C from me.

Happy to keep this year's and next year's first round pick. I'll be interested in whether Josh Dunkley nominates as a Sydney father-son pick. If he doesn't, there is a good chance he will be a Tiger. He is very much a Francis pick, big-bodied, good character, does everything well without having outstanding pace or super skills or X factor. I'll be happy with him because we need big mids. He and Townsend at least address this need.

Yarran I am also happy with. Exactly what we need. A skilful player who glides past the play at pace. Pure receiver but very good user and a real point of difference in our team. He and Houli will combine well, either both playing as rebounding defenders or interchangeably between rebounding or playing as a small forward. One of the biggest drivers in games that we lose is when Houli is tagged out. We never have a plan B. We do now.

Would I have held out and offered only pick 31? I probably would have, Carlton were always going to try to hold onto him until the last minute and then take what was on offer. Basically, we gave up next year's second round pick for Carlton's benefit, not our own. Maybe we could have tried to upgrade our third round pick to get them pick 25 or similar? They would have taken that too.

I can't begin to understand what the point of bringing in pick 120 was. Was it part of some esoteric strategy to upgrade picks? We didn't really seem to try to do anything with it, so I doubt it. Any pick can be used to upgrade players so it is of no use in that respect. Just a baffling exercise. GWS would have traded Townsend for our next pick instead, if we thought pick 70 was too high.

Happy not to trade our first round but also happy we were sniffing around the likes of Bennell, Treloar and others. At some stage a very good player will fall out into the bargain bin for whatever reason. We do look for the right opportunities and we don't overpay. I like that.

It has been a passable effort. We don't give up picks like they are lollies any more and I applaud the club for that. We were always going to struggle to get much done this year. The advent of trading future picks, combined with trading for Academy points, coinciding with seriously good talent like Dangerfield, Treloar, Bennell and Carlisle has led to some very inflated trades.

We kept ourselves honest. But we didn't get the classy mid that we need.

K3 said:
Geez... reading this thread you would think we had the God, Allah and Ganesha working for us during the trading period. Get a grip people.

How were we 'supposed' to get Treloar? Anyone see the video of him filmed in Maggot colours from a little bit back? Is on Real Footy if you want to check it out

Nope, no ruckman kinda sucks, but who could we have gotten who would have been an upgrade on what we have? Smith is a shot, but may fail as well...

Re-signed Lennon and didn't flinch on handing over 12 for Yarran, who I think will be awesome with us next season. We did get 19, which showed that we are positive to work with and try to get fair deals happening. No Essendon or Carlton here!

B for me.

Bugg would have been a good get, but let's wait and see what happens during the draft and who we get as rookies etc

Ditto.

B- C+
Got in speed run n carry X factor for a good price. Much needed!
Didn't get our A grade inside mid (treloar) but got another in the same mould for cheap. And looks like this May be a miles mkII
Kept pick 12

But......
Missed a big fish again!!

Actually more C than B