Trade Period Rating Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Period Rating Poll

How do you rate our trade period

• A

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • B

Votes: 73 32.6%
  • C

Votes: 105 46.9%
  • D

Votes: 34 15.2%
  • E

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I haven't followed trade week too closely. Interested to know how others think we performed. Were there trades other clubs did that people would have loved us to do? Have we ended up addressing major needs?

I picked C-. Twitter shows it too.

I reckon we could've done better. Was Yarran the only big (fish) target??

We only have pick 12 and then way too deep with 52, 88, 106, 120 & 124. Hopefully there's a diamond in the rough.

B

Got was there. Didn't over pay
Still got a good first rounder
Would've been a A if they got treloar
It's not chase anything with legs anymore. Which I like

Went with a B. Reckon we impacted 2 of our key areas that we struggle in, contested footy / tackling and speed and still managed to keep our 1st rounder. Would have liked to have traded Astbury so we were back into the 2nd round next year but overall reckon we have done ok. Get someone like Moore from Port as a DFA and delist Thomas and maybe Gordon and reckon we will be fine.

Main list
Out
Foley
Newman
Petterd
Knights
McDonough
Gordon??

In
Yarran
Pick 12
Pick 52
Townsend
Moore
Lambert - upgrade

Rookie list - Add 3 more.

D. a couple of pickups, but no big fish puts us borderline failure.

TigerForce said:
We only have pick 12 and then way too deep with 52, 88, 106, 120 & 124. Hopefully there's a diamond in the rough.

2 picks in the top 80 is a worry. is someone able to list how many spots we have available on our list, including rookies?

B-

didn't land Treloar.

Yarran not a big fish but elite.

Townsend fills a need without over-spending.

mrposhman said:
Went with a B. Reckon we impacted 2 of our key areas that we struggle in, contested footy / tackling and speed and still managed to keep our 1st rounder. Would have liked to have traded Astbury so we were back into the 2nd round next year but overall reckon we have done ok. Get someone like Moore from Port as a DFA and delist Thomas and maybe Gordon and reckon we will be fine.

Main list
Out
Foley
Newman
Petterd
Knights
McDonough
Gordon??

In
Yarran
Pick 12
Pick 52
Townsend
Moore
Lambert - upgrade

When did we get Moore???? Did I miss something?

mrposhman said:
In
Yarran
Pick 12
Pick 52
Townsend
Moore
Lambert - upgrade

As I said I haven't followed this much. How did we get pick 12 in? What was our first round pick and where is it now?

C.

Yarran was a good get, Townsend, who knows.

Thought we were due to go hard in the trading period, seems not.

Don't think we are going hard in the ND, Picks 12 & 50(?) and rookie upgrades.

C - just

We also gave away our second round pick next year

We have to have at least 3 picks in draft and our third pick is number 88

should have done deals with the new clubs and mixed up some picks like Collingwood & Bulldogs did

We have 4 retirements n one delisting in McDonough - Arnott was a rookie.

Lambert & Castagna will be promoted plus we have brought in Yarran & Townsend.

So 5 off list and possibly 4 on - unless we go 40 on main list and 4 rookies

we had 39 on main list last year & 5 rookies.

Another player may be delisted - Gordon?

rosy23 said:
As I said I haven't followed this much. How did we get pick 12 in? What was our first round pick and where is it now?
Finishing 7th after the EF loss.

rosy23 said:
12 was always our first round pick Rosy. We Traded this year's 2nd round and next years 2nd round for pick 19 (end of first round this year) which was then on-traded to Carlton for Yarran.

just wating for the club statement around "natural improvement" from the list that will continue to carry us forward.. :blah :blah :blah