The window is open - smell the terror. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The window is open - smell the terror.

Carter said:
"The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - Henry Miller

Summer is coming.

As fresh spring rains wash away the broken champagne flutes at Flemington, we set our minds to the elegant angles of the world game, fish and chips, the merits of Shane Watson, salamander sun stroke, salt water, lazy Coopers pale on the couch with mates who know little but expound on much.

In the back of our minds, emergent like a benign comet, we are aware.

For the first season in memory, we are preternaturally aware that glory awaits on the next dark horizon.

We are aware that our warriors are worthy, ready, hungry. We are aware that we meet the other guy with a better than even money chance of leaving him dead on the ground.

Our club, our tribe, is massing for war.

There are no more excuses, no room for doubt. This is it, enjoy it -- what a great feeling.

Richmond supporters are entering a new world. Where we are headed is ours alone.

The great H. Miller also observed that "one's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."

We'll all have a fresh perspective in 2014.
A couple of blokes (I would call them mates except one barracks for Cwood & the other barracks for Cton) who I sometimes talk to about footy, have changed their tone about Richmond. They used to be nice about us because they didn't consider the Tigers as real threats. They have both said that they consider the Tiges as real a real threat in 2014 (in terms of trying to win against us). They are also starting to not be so nice about the Tiges.

It feels good.

FredH said:
A couple of blokes (I would call them mates except one barracks for Cwood & the other barracks for Cton) who I sometimes talk to about footy, have changed their tone about Richmond. They used to be nice about us because they didn't consider the Tigers as real threats. They have both said that they consider the Tiges as real a real threat in 2014 (in terms of trying to win against us). They are also starting to not be so nice about the Tiges.

It feels good.

Ditto. A mate of mine - a fair weather Cat supporter has claimed the Tiges as his second team for about the last 5 years. He used to get all motherly and kind when he spoke about them. A strange form of condescension in my opinion - although he seemed genuine. Last season - he lost that edge of concern and started to run the team down. Starting to 'smell the terror' for sure.

Have a feeling the stars are aligning down at Tigerland. Keeping the wolves away from Dustin then Alan Richardson gazumping Chocco a couple of good news stories.

The open window is allowing the smell of the rotting corpse to terrorise the jungle.

I have a funny feeling history will repeat next week: the Queen Mother's horse approaching the finish in the 56 Grand National:
http://youtu.be/62fPLtL8h7s?t=1m25s

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
I have a funny feeling history will repeat next week: the Queen Mother's horse approaching the finish in the 56 Grand National:
http://youtu.be/62fPLtL8h7s?t=1m25s

Wow what a dramatic slip

Try this gem from chariots of fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4e5Xfmc8zQ&sns=em

Love the fact the ball is in our court, win the last 2 and we play finals, lose an we don't which would be fair enough

CC TIGER said:
Love the fact the ball is in our court, win the last 2 and we play finals, lose an we don't which would be fair enough
It's the only way for the Tigers! If only the Tigers hadn't forgot to turn up to the mid season matches. Instead we are now trying to get finals footy the hard way.

CC TIGER said:

Time to shine those balls.

For the last few weeks we've had nothing to lose. It some ways that's an easy game physiologically, less pressure.

Tomorrow we have something to lose, we are now in the box seat for finals... it will be interesting to see how we handle it.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
For the last few weeks we've had nothing to lose. It some ways that's an easy game physiologically, less pressure.

Tomorrow we have something to lose, we are now in the box seat for finals... it will be interesting to see how we handle it.

I don't think we will see how the team really handles the pressure till we get to Sydney next weekend.

Remember that we have had St Kilda measure for a couple of years now, and aren't they the team we have to thank for starting our winning streak 8 weeks back. They will be fired up to Lenny but we have learnt to handle those retirements well now.

Don't get me wrong, it could be a hard scrappy affair, but the tigers have the form and confidence.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Yeah. If we'd put a foot wrong before now it would've been curtains, but now there's a tangible reward within reach. Don't pause to look back, Tigers.