The window is open - smell the terror. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The window is open - smell the terror.

Not sure having Gordon and Lennon in the same side is the way to go . Like to see Jacko get a game is he fit

Aaaaahhhhh springtime! The sun is shining, the birds are nesting, the plants are blossoming, the grass is fresh mown and there's a scent of terror in the air.
But is it the terror of opposition clubs as they spy the brutal ferocious TIGER stalking them towards the finals, or the terror of the feral TIGER fans as the looming nightmare of playing Sydney in Sydaknee drags them screaming to back to the reality of ninthmond once again.

Oh the joys of being a Tiger, never for us the dull staid and boring, always flying through full throttle with our arses scraping over the ruts n bumps.

let's dream big

Rd23
Carlscum beat Dons
Tiges beat Sydney

Tiges 7th v North 6th. MCG Elim Final
beat North

v loser Cats v Hawks. MCG Semi
beat them

v Swans. ANZ Stadium Prelim
beat them

v whoever. MCG GF
lift the cup

only 5 wins from glory :)

Just hope that our window hasn't been open the past couple of years.
I don't expect it to get any easier the next couple once the younger players from the expansion teams mature.
Going to get harder to play finals let alone win a flag and going by our finals capitulation we are still a long way off being a challenger as opposed to making up the numbers.
We're still in no mans land somewhat.

Tigers of Old said:
Just hope that our window hasn't been open the past couple of years.
I don't expect it to get any easier the next couple once the younger players from the expansion teams mature.
Going to get harder to play finals let alone win a flag and going by our finals capitulation we are still a long way off being a challenger as opposed to making up the numbers.
As much as I'd like to disagree, I think you're spot on. Some hard decisions need to be made starting with upcoming trade period...Vickery anyone?

Tigers of Old said:
I am not sure why we would be seen to be in no mans land. Basically all the teams around us in our way we beat in the last half of the year , Adelaide, West Coast, Essendon. We also beat Port and Sydney. We need to take the next step to be top 4 but my view is that we are as well off as just about anyone below the top 5. We are close to North but behind the others.

That's not no mans land imo.

I am not convinced on the Giants and the Suns yet.

The majority of Richmond players smelled the terror as NEVER TEAR US APART roared across Adelaide Oval in the countdown to the first bounce.....and they responded in the insipid manner that they did when Port destroyed them in the first few minutes.

The lesson - what Port did is what Richmond MUST plan and plan hard to do in the next year or so.

Otherwise - 60 years of ridicule.

rimau35 said:
The majority of Richmond players smelled the terror as NEVER TEAR US APART roared across Adelaide Oval in the countdown to the first bounce.....and they responded in the insipid manner that they did when Port destroyed them in the first few minutes.

The lesson - what Port did is what Richmond MUST plan and plan hard to do in the next year or so.

Yeah they felt the terror of a contrived, plastic pop song sung by contrived, bandwagon supporters of a plastic club.

rimau35 said:

Here we go. Nice to see that you have adopted the lack of class appropriate for a Port supporter.

St Kevin said:
Yeah they felt the terror of a contrived, plastic pop song sung by contrived, bandwagon supporters of a plastic club.
What a load of crap.

I couldn't believe the atmosphere in the minute before the ball was bounced.

Richmond need to develop that atmosphere before every home game and boy, will the MCG rock.

Sintiger said:
I am not sure why we would be seen to be in no mans land. Basically all the teams around us in our way we beat in the last half of the year , Adelaide, West Coast, Essendon. We also beat Port and Sydney. We need to take the next step to be top 4 but my view is that we are as well off as just about anyone below the top 5. We are close to North but behind the others.

That's not no mans land imo.

Making the 8 and getting comprehensively knocked out of the first game 2 years straight is no mans land. Neither here nor there. Bang in the middle of the table.

We're behind North. They have our measure. Sydney were clearly undermanned and so were Port when we met them last time with both sides at full strength they towelled us.

Obviously a ways off top 4 yet.

Tigers of Old said:
Making the 8 and getting comprehensively knocked out of the first game 2 years straight is no mans land. Neither here nor there. Bang in the middle of the table.

We're behind North. They have our measure. Sydney were clearly undermanned and so were Port when we met them last time with both sides at full strength they towelled us.

Obviously a ways off top 4 yet.

Next year is a new year however. With a bit of tinkering who knows what can happen. We certainly have the young talent.

Is it no man's land, or just part of the journey? I reckon the latter, and it is a shame to see people turning on the driver when we aren't there yet.

shawry said:
Next year is a new year however. With a bit of tinkering who knows what can happen. We certainly have the young talent.

So do all the sides around us.

Going to be a battle again...can't afford to go into the season half cocked like 2014

shawry said:
The young guys who stood out his year are the future.

I can see one or more of them becoming my Tiger heroes in the coming years.

mld said:
Is it no man's land, or just part of the journey? I reckon the latter, and it is a shame to see people turning on the driver when we aren't there yet.

Did the journey progress much this year? I'm fairly concerned it didn't. Time will tell.

Aegean Tiger said:
Learn the lessons of this yr and yes we are well on the journey to the promised land….

The question is will we learn? A bigger question is do we really have the talent capable of taking the next step?
The next step is the hard one.

Tigers of Old said:
Did the journey progress much this year? I'm fairly concerned it didn't. Time will tell.
Richmond progressed alright.

Just unfortunate to come up against a team at the top of its game on Sunday.

Bring on 2015.