The Potential Trading Of McMahon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Potential Trading Of McMahon

oh, I might have that wrong then as I thought he'd got the 2 year deal he wanted but it was very heavily performance based so cutting him lose half way through it meant we didn't lose too much. But I could very well be mistaken.

Tigers of Old said:
Can't say I disagree Barnzy but I can't see why the Aint's would be looking to take him on for pick 33 (or 50 for that matter) despite us paying for him.
If they want him at all they should pick just him up in the PSD if we were to delist & pay him out.
I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

Is there any truth to the rumour the Saints want him? At this stage all it seems is rumour. I just cant see why the Saints would want him.

tigertim said:
Is there any truth to the rumour the Saints want him? At this stage all it seems is rumour. I just cant see why the Saints would want him.
It was reported in The Australian by Greg Denham a few weeks back.

tigertim said:

Ross Lyon was also asked the question on SEN a few days after it was report it and he certainly didn't refute it.

When he was picked up Wallace said he would be the icing on the cake type player who would finish off the hard work of the backline and would be delivering the ball into the F50. I also recall at the start when McMahon would run down from the HBF and deliver into the F50 people were suggesting he was the type of player we were missing. Now we're back to being a bottom dweller, he has become the favoured whipping boy of us the fans, partly because of his failure to produce his best footy and secondly because we look at someone like Ward/Selwood from the pick he was traded for and think what might have been.

Just because we hate him, doesn't mean that those responsible for recruiting at other clubs hate him as well. I can see why the Saints would be interested in someone like McMahon, at his best, surrounded by a team that allows him to play his best style of footy he would be a very handy player coming off the HBF/wing delivering into the F50. At the Saints he wouldn't be expected to be one of their leaders, he would be a player who allows someone like Fisher/Gram/Goddard to spend even more time in the midfield. Just because we hate him, doesn't mean his value is as low as we think it is.

The Saints have turned another skinny no-hoper in Farren Ray into a pretty handy player. Who knows.

Tigers_06 said:
When he was picked up Wallace said he would be the icing on the cake type player who would finish off the hard work of the backline and would be delivering the ball into the F50. I also recall at the start when McMahon would run down from the HBF and deliver into the F50 people were suggesting he was the type of player we were missing. Now we're back to being a bottom dweller, he has become the favoured whipping boy of us the fans, partly because of his failure to produce his best footy and secondly because we look at someone like Ward/Selwood from the pick he was traded for and think what might have been.

Just because we hate him, doesn't mean that those responsible for recruiting at other clubs hate him as well. I can see why the Saints would be interested in someone like McMahon, at his best, surrounded by a team that allows him to play his best style of footy he would be a very handy player coming off the HBF/wing delivering into the F50. At the Saints he wouldn't be expected to be one of their leaders, he would be a player who allows someone like Fisher/Gram/Goddard to spend even more time in the midfield. Just because we hate him, doesn't mean his value is as low as we think it is.
this is one of the first sensible posts about this topic

hopper said:
The Saints have turned another skinny no-hoper in Farren Ray into a pretty handy player. Who knows.

Let's hope they want another one. One thing going in our favour though is for years the Saints have lacked leg speed, they've rectified it a little but IMO they still do. Gram, Montagna and Jones are reasonable quick but other than that there's not much else.

I hope that we get something for him after wasting such a high draft pick on him. I would prefer he sits in the reserves otherwise in case we get injuries.I also think that he may improve under Hardwick - after all he possibly hated Wallarses game plan too so keeping him may not be the worst option for us!

Tigerbob said:
I think that will be the arrangement.

Jordan McMahon to St.Kilda for Pick 33 with Richmond paying a certain amount of the salary.

We have the Cap room to facilitate paying a percentage of the salary, whilst getting a earlyishpick.

Here's hoping this one gets done mate.

Pick 33? Not a snowballs TB. Happy to have a bet with you on this, name your price.

Fourth or fith roudner at best. I would take a pick under 60 and 33% his wage.

Tigers_06 said:
When he was picked up Wallace said he would be the icing on the cake type player who would finish off the hard work of the backline and would be delivering the ball into the F50.

Pity Wallace had no idea how to bake a cake.

wayne said:
Pity Wallace had no idea how to bake a cake.

Partly correct, Wayne Campbell.
Wallace could bake perfectly............

In a solarium ! :hihi