The Potential Trading Of McMahon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Potential Trading Of McMahon

wayne said:
Just watching AFL teams on Fox and Parko said that a former Bulldog, now Tiger had a lengthy chat with Scott Clayton a few weeks back in the VFL. :clap

Yeah heard that too. Maybe they were swapping recipes, or even talking about how he's coping without his child. Who would want to pick up a liability?

Scott Clayton was the one who recuited JM back in 2000...

GC17 can pick 1 uncontracted player from each club...
JM is may fit the GC17 bill if they are looking to pick up experienced AFL players...

The advantage for the Tigers is the possibility of a compensation pick rather than just delisting him..
From my understanding the compensation pick is given to the club by the AFL and not from one of GC17's picks....

JM was taken pick 10 in 2000... Traded for pick 19 in 2007...
Will be 27 years old....Played 150 games....
Based on that we may get something & the worst compensation pick being a 3rd round pick
to be taken immediately after the clubs pick....
So a mid 40's pick is a chance...
Let's hope so...

Teckor said:

JM is may fit the GC17 bill if they are looking to pick up experienced AFL players...

The advantage for the Tigers is the possibility of a compensation pick rather than just delisting him..
From my understanding the compensation pick is given to the club by the AFL and not from one of GC17's picks....

Based on that we may get something & the worst compensation pick being a 3rd round pick
Let's hope so...

We can only dream.

At this stage the McMahon's of the world are the only type of AFL experienced players that the GC17 are going to get..maybe with the exception of 1 or 2 top players...

The thing is that if GC17 sign uncontracted players like JM it doesn't cost them any draft picks as they come from the AFL... So as long as the player is not delisted it is likely that the club will get a compensation pick...

Teckor said:

Let's hope so...

1 word. delusional. lets just be happy that this $1,000,000 dud will be gone in 16 weeks

Sheesh it would be great if GC signed him up.

We can only hope that they take him as a depth player and for his experience.
They would be backing themselves to get him back to what he was at the Dogs.

Given they have the green light to sign a player from each club losing him would be a dream.
A pick in the third round would be great.
I think it's a 10-1 chance of happening.

Rather than paying out one of our players I'd love him to be best on ground in a winning game for us.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yeah heard that too. Maybe they were swapping recipes, or even talking about how he's coping without his child. Who would want to pick up a liability?

Maybe McMuffin is one of the players that has already signed with GC17..... and he's not getting a game because the Tigers know this.

:rofl

wayne said:
Maybe McMuffin is one of the players that has already signed with GC17..... and he's not getting a game because the Tigers know this.

:rofl

You are on the money, I have heard these whispers from within the club!

You are all being very hard on McMahon.
McMahon is a match winner you only have to go back to when he won us the game by kicking a pressure goal after the siren against the Dees last year.
Its not McMahons fault we have poor training facilities and have a bad record of developing players at a better club hed be a :star
GC and GWS would be mad not to sign up a player such as McMahon who has so much potential.

to get your footy fix and get on PRE and then constantly see this sort of stuff where its just bagging people gets depressing - have a good weekend

As funny as it sounds, McMahon would be a good fit at a better team. When the going is good, mcmahon doesnt look too bad. I know that automatically rules him out of finals football, but still :cutelaugh

Let's just let his contract run out and then McTuffin can go to the Gold Coast and it won't cost us anything. Even the new kids on the block wouldn't be stupid enough to offer the club anything for that serial liability.

i think it'd be more likely GC would go for tuck if they're going to take an experienced RFC player. consistently gets the hard ball but despite this will more than likely be gone at the end of the season

they'd get him cheap & would more than likely play most of next season in the seniors

btoz_01 said:
You are all being very hard on McMahon.
McMahon is a match winner you only have to go back to when he won us the game by kicking a pressure goal after the siren against the Dees last year.
Its not McMahons fault we have poor training facilities and have a bad record of developing players at a better club hed be a :star
GC and GWS would be mad not to sign up a player such as McMahon who has so much potential.

How do I report this post as offensive ??

To see the words "Hard" and "Mcpowderpuff" in the same sentence is a disgraceful example of butchering the Queens English !!!