The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

TOT70 said:
It is a dream run, isn't it? They haven't played a team that is currently in the top 8 on the ladder since round 7. Can't get much softer than that.

Indeed but they are still doing what they need to with (I think) the youngest list in the competition.

They play a good brand of football and have been exciting to watch. Will be interesting to see how their style holds up in the pressure of September.

BrisTiger24 said:
Yep - had GWS beating Swans. This was based on gut feel more than anything but didn't think the swans were that impressive the other night v the scum. But, agree, if swans win, top 4 will be a no goer for us.

GWS have only won 3 of their last 9 games and they've been against Essendon, Saints and Gold Coast. Swans would have to go in strong favourites.

tigerlove said:
GWS have only won 3 of their last 9 games and they've been against Essendon, Saints and Gold Coast. Swans would have to go in strong favourites.

They'll be without Parker which hurts them a fair bit. Then again, GWS will be missing Davis who they've performed poorly without. It's a long shot but fingers crossed. I'd much rather play Fremantle in week one of the finals than Geelong, Adelaide or North.

GWS's match V Sydney is the one game of the year they get up for.
It's their grudge match.
I think the Swans will win but wouln't be surprised if GWS get up.

Stylo said:
They'll be without Parker which hurts them a fair bit. Then again, GWS will be missing Davis who they've performed poorly without. It's a long shot but fingers crossed. I'd much rather play Fremantle in week one of the finals than Geelong, Adelaide or North.
Add Davis to Sheil, Mumford, Trealor, Scully and unfortunately, and despite their decent showing against Port, I don't think they can win.

How long has Scully been at GWS now ? He's due to return to Richmond soon I would imagine

DirtyDogTiger said:
And If North lose its next two (freo in Melb; & western Bulldogs)
Then they'll be stranded on 9th with 12 wins.

They will need to beat us to overtake the loser of geelong v adelaide (7th & 8th and both on 50 points).
If I've predicted all the wins correctly.

We get to knock them out on the last Friday night of the home and away season!!
Love for this to happen. If it does can everyone start calling them Ninth Melbourne?

Suppose

P. TEAM. Pt. R21. R22. R23. Pts. FP

4. WBD 52. WCE. Nth Lions 60. 5
5. Swans 52. Giants Stk. Suns. 64. 4
6. Rich. 48. Coll. Ess. NTH. 60. 6
7. Nth. 48. Freo. WBD. Rich. 48. 9
8. Adel. 46. Lions. WCE. Cats. 50 8
---------------
9. Cats. 42. St K. Colll. Adel 54. 7

If all teams beat the teams below them and lose to the higher placed teams
Except Adelaide who lose to geelong at skilled park.

Elim final 1- WBD V Adel
Elim final 2 - Rich v Geel

The herald sun predictor and my prognostications have two differences.

The HS believes North will defeat FREO and richmond
I have North losing their next three games

Richmond have control over their destiny

- Defeat Collingwood puts a nail in our finals place
- Defeating Essendon locks it in.
- knock out North after 5 consecutive losses.
- knock out geelong in a final (11 consecutive losses)
- And win our first final since 2001.
-in our third finals series in a row!

:gotigers

DirtyDogTiger said:
The herald sun predictor and my prognostications have two differences.

The HS believes North will defeat FREO and richmond
I have North losing their next three games

Richmond have control over their destiny

- Defeat Collingwood puts a nail in our finals place
- Defeating Essendon locks it in.
- knock out North after 6 consecutive losses.
- knock out geelong in a final (11 consecutive losses)
- And win our first final since 2001.
-in our third finals series in a row!

:gotigers

Love it DDT

they would be massize steps even if we were to win just the one final.. We would have made serious inroads on our bogey teams if we can put away Scum, cheats, norf & cats (in a final) all in 4 weeks...

DirtyDogTiger said:
Suppose

P. TEAM. Pt. R21. R22. R23. Pts. FP

4. WBD 52. WCE. Nth Lions 60. 5
5. Swans 52. Giants Stk. Suns. 64. 4
6. Rich. 48. Coll. Ess. NTH. 60. 6
7. Nth. 48. Freo. WBD. Rich. 48. 9
8. Adel. 46. Lions. WCE. Cats. 50 8
---------------
9. Cats. 42. St K. Colll. Adel 54. 7

If all teams beat the teams below them and lose to the higher placed teams
Except Adelaide who lose to geelong at skilled park.

Elim final 1- WBD V Adel
Elim final 2 - Rich v Geel

Even if North do defeat fremantle it just means they finish 8th instead of Adelaide.

Tigertough1974 said:
Love it DDT

they would be massize steps even if we were to win just the one final.. We would have made serious inroads on our bogey teams if we can put away Scum, cheats, norf & cats (in a final) all in 4 weeks...

Yep

If we beat North and geelong then it leaves Melbourne (2 defeats since 2013) and Western bulldogs ( 2 defeats since 2013) as the next teams that we owe a belting

DirtyDogTiger said:
Yep

If we beat North and geelong then it leaves Melbourne (2 defeats since 2013) and Western bulldogs ( 2 defeats since 2013) as the next teams that we owe a belting

we could take care of doggies this year as well ;D

DirtyDogTiger said:
true!

And if that happened: the only afl team we couldn't handle in this season and last is ...

..... The Melbourne Football Club

geelong

yep 135 points differential bw Dogs and Tiges. Really disappointed with Melbourne's last quarter. Had they kept it levellish there would only be an 85 point differential.

We have lower scored against so probably two 10 goal results might be enough to get above dogs. At 3 /4 time of Dogs match two 6- 7 goal wins/losses would have been enough.