The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

rosy23 said:
For the first time I was planning to take Richmond in my last man standing comps.
Don't know if you want the good news or the bad news rosy.

There are only 5 competitors eligible to take Richmond this round and you're not one of them.

:)

Brodders17 said:
Before last year we beat them by an average of about 7 goals in the previous 3 encounters.

Skewed by one 10 goal win which was off the back of one quarter. In anera where good sides smashed them with regularity.

Until last year us and Essendon were the only Victorian based sides they had beaten in about 5 years.

With Knights ,an Petterd already long term injuries plus Lids, Conca an Lambert missing games there's going to be some good opportunitys for some of the youngsters to burst into the 22

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collingwood. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. 6-10. 11-5
R17 v Hawks. 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers
[/quote]

After last year, I'm not writing off our finals chances.
Actually results are exactly the same as last year so far, just not in the same order
We need to RIGHT a WRONG against Geelong.

DirtyDogTiger said:
2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collingwood. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. 3-7. 6-4

:gotigers

2-3 On par with last year, 1 win behind the year before.

Awesome value for your home game membership.

We won't win a home game most likely until after the bye.

North trouble us. It's because they're too big and strong. They just punch our heads in and run away with the ball. We've seen the carnage.

Luckily they're loaded up with geriatrics and added dishonesty in the off-season through Higgins and Waite.

Let's look at who we can put on the park but after five rounds our bottom half dozen are getting too much exposure. We're up against it.

Aside from the ageing of our opponent we have something in our favour. We know them and we know ourselves. If Hardwick can devise a strategy that even gets us close he's done well.

We have nothing to lose. Danger game for them. I have us odds against of winning. But I may have a little bet at the margin. A bet that we win/thrash them. Because IF we win it will be because of an ambush and they're the games that put up the big margins.

How we started favourite against Geelong beats the arse-muscle out of me. This week we'll be big odds at the tri-bet and huge odds at the margins. And we aint playing at Etihad. Might be time to have a bob at the big odds.

As for the bigger question of the eight I'll know in a fortnight. I have locked the North game as a loss from the release of the draw.

The table is sobering DDT. Since Rd 22 2013 we are 14 Wins/15 Losses in all games. We played a much better brand of footy back then and I would have predicted natural improvement given our best players were our young players. Unfortunately our coach has sucked the joy from the game. Let the boys play Dimma.

Dyer'ere said:
North trouble us. It's because they're too big and strong. They just punch our heads in and run away with the ball. We've seen the carnage.

Luckily they're loaded up with geriatrics and added dishonesty in the off-season through Higgins and Waite.

Let's look at who we can put on the park but after five rounds our bottom half dozen are getting too much exposure. We're up against it.

Aside from the ageing of our opponent we have something in our favour. We know them and we know ourselves. If Hardwick can devise a strategy that even gets us close he's done well.

We have nothing to lose. Danger game for them. I have us odds against of winning. But I may have a little bet at the margin. A bet that we win/thrash them. Because IF we win it will be because of an ambush and they're the games that put up the big margins.

How we started favourite against Geelong beats the arse-muscle out of me. This week we'll be big odds at the tri-bet and huge odds at the margins. And we aint playing at Etihad. Might be time to have a bob at the big odds.

As for the bigger question of the eight I'll know in a fortnight. I have locked the North game as a loss from the release of the draw.
The real big hole there is the question about Hardwick being able to devise a strategy. That's one of his key failings. That and he continues to reward players who let him down repeatedly.

skylokreata said:
It's not a march, let alone a stroll, walk or crawl.

We are not making finals this year.

This.

Marching straight into another failed campaign by the RFC over the last 6 years!

Im not sure I want us to make finals this year.

Has the potential to paper over the cracks.

A bad season may be the reality check the club needs on a lot of fronts. Lets face it, we are a long way short of the best sides. A long way. A lot needs to happen to get us to that level.

I fear the club has deluded themselves into thinking we are closer than what we really are, when reality is we are miles away.

YinnarTiger said:
Don't know if you want the good news or the bad news rosy.

There are only 5 competitors eligible to take Richmond this round and you're not one of them.

:)

Never again.

toby64 said:
Im not sure I want us to make finals this year.

Has the potential to paper over the cracks.

A bad season may be the reality check the club needs on a lot of fronts. Lets face it, we are a long way short of the best sides. A long way. A lot needs to happen to get us to that level.

I fear the club has deluded themselves into thinking we are closer than what we really are, when reality is we are miles away.

me too. with a bit of hindsight, 9 wins in a row last year was a bad thing... if we failed to make finals last year, perhaps Dimma's head would be on the chopping block right now. as it stands, I reckon he'll still be around next year, even if we finish bottom 4.

Ian4 said:
me too. with a bit of hindsight, 9 wins in a row last year was a bad thing... if we failed to make finals last year, perhaps Dimma's head would be on the chopping block right now. as it stands, I reckon he'll still be around next year, even if we finish bottom 4.

If we do not finish in finals and actually win one i would expect Dimma to be gone.