The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Looking at the '14 column, it still amazes me how we managed to get into the finals with such a crap start.

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collingwood. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. 6-10. 11-5
R17 v Hawks. 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers

Rounds five through ten present a formidable challenge for the Tigers. We will gain quite an insight to where the team is really after those six games against some quality opposition.
Need to continue the momentum with a resounding win over the Demons and then front up against the Cats the following week and give them a touch up. Things might then start opening up for the team if it can get itself on a roll.

Back on track.
Melbourne this week.
Should be aiming for another percentage booster.
But since Dimma donesnt know how to handle the flood, I'll be happy for a win

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'm quite confident about the next two games TBH.

The Rabblebourne game always worries me.

Whether or not they are playing like garbage they treat it as their line in the sand game and usually thaw Barassi out of his cryonic chamber to espouse in the biased media the usual outdated tripe about how wonderful the grand old flag never was. :p

Two good wins against the bottom two sides, perspective required.

The big picture is where we stand after round 10 . From now on until then , it is game on with top sides on the menu starting with the Dees who one does think will not be a lay down down misere.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I reckon the top 4 might be set already (in whatever order) with Hawks freo Sydney adelaide.
We never should set our sights on dislodging one of them.

Lets wait until all the teams have played each other before counting who is in the top 4.

Swans got out of jail against the Bombers, they looked good against Port and have played GWS . The Swans play the Hawks twice have Port again and the Dockers and Tigers once - they look good at the moment for a top 4 place.

Adelaide have played North at home, Collingwood away and Melbourne. Adelaide do have an easy draw - they play Hawks, Swans, Bombers, Tiger and Dockers only once this season. That suggests a Top 4 is a real possibility.

Fremantle have played West Coast, an out of form Geelong away and got out of jail against Port. Fremantle have an easy draw too - only play Swans, Hawks, Bombers once do play Tigers and Port twice.

Hawks - they do look good comfortably beat the Dogs and an out of form Geelong and got beaten in a rib-tickler of a game against the Bombers. Hawks should be a winning possibility in every game they play - no question.

Essendon are the unlucky ones IMO - due to a sub standard preseason - stopped to a walk against the Swans when 40 points up to get nutted then beat the Hawks and were in control all day against the Blues - the way they are playing they are top 4 material. Don't play the Swans again this H & A Season, play the Hawks again Fremantle once and Tigers Twice. If they do not fall away like previous years and the way they are playing they are a Top 4 chance.

Richmond beat the Blues, outplayed against the Dogs and flogged a cellar dweller in the Lions. We are in for a big dipper ride - it all depends on our forwards converting - we seem to win or stay with the opposition with our stats - we just don't necessarily put it on the scoreboard.

Collingwood - looked ordinary against the Crows and have beaten Brisbane and St Kilda - they seem to me to be off the pace at the moment for a top 4 berth.

Port - unlucky against Freo, got out of jail against North and looked poor against the Swans - Hawthorn this week and again later this year, Dockers and Swans again later in the year - if Port make the top 4 they deserve to be there.

North - looked ordinary against the Crows, stiff against Port and beat the Lions - with only having the Hawks, Dockers and Swans once this year and the Tigers twice - they could be a dark horse to rise and compete for the Top 4.

BUT - it is a long season and injuries will take their toll - therefore the top 4 is anything but settled - and I firmly believe if the Tigers can get that bloody forward line operating to provide maximum output we too are a chance, albeit slim, but a chance at the Top 4.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I reckon the top 4 might be set already (in whatever order) with Hawks freo Sydney adelaide.
We never should set our sights on dislodging one of them.

Why not? :headscratch

You're all making me nervous with the concerns against the Dees. For the first time I was planning to take Richmond in my last man standing comps.

Well im going to make the call early and say that we are in the middle of the pack fighting for 8th. Hawks, Sydney, Port, Freo, Crows, Dons and Roos will fill the 7 top spots. Tigers, Cats, Pies and Eagles after the eight spot. On form we are up against it. Losing to the bulldogs is poor. We have to beat the Geelongs and Collingwoods to be a chance. Long way to go but odds are against us.

rosy23 said:
Why not? :headscratch

You're all making me nervous with the concerns against the Dees. For the first time I was planning to take Richmond in my last man standing comps.
Shoulda done that last week, Rosy. Melbourne bother me. They're just the sort of team that will cause an upset.

saigon tiger said:
Well im going to make the call early and say that we are in the middle of the pack fighting for 8th. Hawks, Sydney, Port, Freo, Crows, Dons and Roos will fill the 7 top spots. Tigers, Cats, Pies and Eagles after the eight spot. On form we are up against it. Losing to the bulldogs is poor. We have to beat the Geelongs and Collingwoods to be a chance. Long way to go but odds are against us.

I actually reckon GWS might be up there as well for 8th.

saigon tiger said:

yeah I agree. 7th or 8th is the best we can do for mine.