The grand final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The grand final

Panthera Tigris said:
I have grown up my entire 35 years on stories from my parents about when the Tigers were a dominant powerhouse. Never has seemed quite real. Like some kind of mythical prehistoric period before time when hobbits walked the earth.
PT,

We were a bloody great team, tough as hell. The best bit though was when we used to punch up Carlton!

Almost zero interest, not even planning on watching it. So over Hawthorn. Not jealous just bored with them and over their obnoxious supporters. Hope the Eagles win but I doubt they will.

puregreen said:
Was in the city at 3.30 - it was really warm. If it's close at 3 qtr time then the Eagles may have the heat conditioning to get them over the line. I'm not fussed either way - just think if the Hawks win it will have been an amazing effort by Clarkson after constanting losing his assistants along the way.

I reckon they might bring Hartung in for maybe Hale - they'll need legs at the end of the game in this heat.

I just stepped outside and it's already uncomfortably warm. I'm surprised that more people aren't factoring the weather in this. West Coasts conditioning in the heat of Perth, their far easier run to the Grand Final, and their youth, or at least their A-Grade youth, could be decisive.

To me the previous grand final this most closely resembles is the 2001 Essendon - Brisbane Lions. On another brutally warm day Essendon led at half time by 14 points but you could tell they were physically spent. Hawthorn will need a substantial lead at half time, anything like level pegging and they are probably history.

Tygrys said:
I just stepped outside and it's already uncomfortably warm. I'm surprised that more people aren't factoring the weather in this. West Coasts conditioning in the heat of Perth, their far easier run to the Grand Final, and their youth, or at least their A-Grade youth, could be decisive.

Yep I think weagles will win because of the temperature.

tigertim said:
Almost zero interest, not even planning on watching it. So over Hawthorn. Not jealous just bored with them and over their obnoxious supporters. Hope the Eagles win but I doubt they will.

Yeh - that's me too. We're driving to Daylesford for the day. The country town least likely to be watching the footy.

afl supporters should first of all panther heads in collective shame..what a sad sad sad day that adam goodes feels unwelcome to take part in the hero,s send off lap of honour...yet the chicken winging,eye gouging judd 9mmma white fella0..will get a hero,s ovation....i..for..one..will..not..be ..watching this part

arlobill said:
what a sad sad sad day that adam goodes feels unwelcome to take part in the hero,s send off lap of honour...yet the chicken winging,eye gouging judd 9mmma white fella0..will get a hero,s ovation....i..for..one..will..not..be ..watching this part

X2

Love or hate the teams in it, p!ssed off with the game, annoyed with the marketing. Doesn't matter, it's Grand Final day. Today's the day to watch the Grannie.

[youtube=560,315]MuuwUd0bSyE[/youtube]

arlobill said:
afl supporters should first of all panther heads in collective shame..what a sad sad sad day that adam goodes feels unwelcome to take part in the hero,s send off lap of honour...yet the chicken winging,eye gouging judd 9mmma white fella0..will get a hero,s ovation....i..for..one..will..not..be ..watching this part

I feel no shame or reason to bow my head at all. I don't like Adam Goode's actions that led to his recent situation and I don't like the booing. There are faults on both sides imo. It's a pity Adam won't take part but it's his decision. I wonder if he'd do things differently himself with hindsight and will reflect on his own actions at all. It's very disappointing you mention one player as a "white fella" getting a hero's ovation with the inference that an aboriginal player misses out. A shame it's boiled down to race. Both have been great players who've achieved amazing success. Both quite capable of the brilliant as well as the dirty.

Baloo said:
Love or hate the teams in it, p!ssed off with the game, annoyed with the marketing. Doesn't matter, it's Grand Final day. Today's the day to watch the Grannie.

[youtube=560,315]MuuwUd0bSyE[/youtube]

Nup.

The U17's All Aust v Allies is being streamed live on the AFL site ATM for those interested in prospective draftees. Almost Halftime. (*Actually these boys are for the 2016 draft - not eligible for the year.)

Halftime: Allies 40 to ALL Aust 30.

*Looks pretty hot already, the boys are sitting on the ground in the shade for the halftime break.

tigertim said:
X2 productive day in the garden planned

Isotopes said:
Did a fair amount of weeding today. Far more exciting than another hawthorn gf.
Me too.
Went out to the garden during the last quarter and just listened to the radio.
Last time I did that was when Geelong were flogging Port.

I spent the day at work and knocked off well after the game finished, happy to be spared from watching such a crap game.

Well today I learnt that Cyril's a better option up forward than Morris.
Hope Damien was watching or if he was somebody can point tht out to him.

SpaceAce said:
I spent the day at work and knocked off well after the game finished, happy to be spared from watching such a crap game.

What do you think was crap about it Space. I enjoyed it. Nice to watch a neutral game...even though I was hoping hawks would win.