The grand final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The grand final

asian tetley said:
Well today I learnt that Cyril's a better option up forward than Morris.
Hope Damien was watching or if he was somebody can point tht out to him.
Inane comment.

Our club should be aspiring to get to these heights.

We have wasted 3 decades because they couldn't get their Sh!t together.

To think this mob have won 9 premierships since our last makes it even more damning of our ineptitude over
the journey.

tigers80 said:

To think this mob have won 9 premierships since our last makes it even more damning of our ineptitude over
the journey.

Don't worty we are going back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to catch up

rosy23 said:
What do you think was crap about it Space. I enjoyed it. Nice to watch a neutral game...even though I was hoping hawks would win.

It was a bit of a blowout, as a neutral I was hoping for and expecting a much closer game.
Well done to the Hawks though!

tigers80 said:

the journey.
I think our football club has done a great effort in recent years to come from a very ordinary on and off field club to a very good off field club and a very competitive on field, it's now time to take the hardest step an move forward again. Next 2 months a absoulotly massive if we are to go up or just simply tread water....2016 could be anything , if injuries play a key part or bad draw

rosy23 said:
What do you think was crap about it Space. I enjoyed it. Nice to watch a neutral game...even though I was hoping hawks would win.
It was a one sided game, but enjoyable to watch overall. It is nice to see a side like Hawthorn do things so professionally and clinically. I don't like them (I don't like any club other than Richmond), but I do admire them for what they've achieved and can only dream of ever seeing the Tigers do the same.

Ended up very one sided but there was a stage after half time I was concerned that if the Weagles could get a couple of quick goals they might lift. I guess I enjoyed it because I wanted the Hawks to win. Loved watching Hodge's leadership. he was like having a coach on the ground telling players where to go and what to do. Loved Cyril's magic. Loved the team commitment. No egos or reliance on one or two players. Everyone did their job. Loved the toughness, pressure and determination. They (imo) showed what it takes to be top of the tree.

2 years in a row a blowout, i guess we were spoilt for a few years with some epically close GFs..

Rubbish contest to end the year, Hawks were amazing to watch though! I was neutral but had a leaning for the hawks..

Now lets get this silly trading season going :)

The other annoying feature of GF week is that all the focus is on 1 game and 2 teams (obviously!) but it sure makes for boring reading/viewing when you don't follow either team. I barely skimmed over the sports section I. The paper this morning. I don't need to read 20 pages reviewing the game and getting the perspective of nearly every player/coach.

It's probably just me but I've felt this GF week to be highly unmotivating. Hawthorn for the 6th time in 8 years. WCE don't do it for me in terms of being interested in a side I don't barrack for. Just glad it's all over now.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Take a break

5 days of recruiting speculation to go until

"Trade and free agency period" 9-22 October.
• October Friday 9 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period Commences (Ends Oct. 18)
• Monday 12 October 10am - NAB AFL Trade Period Commences (Ends Oct. 22)

tigertim said:
The other annoying feature of GF week is that all the focus is on 1 game and 2 teams (obviously!) but it sure makes for boring reading/viewing when you don't follow either team. I barely skimmed over the sports section I. The paper this morning. I don't need to read 20 pages reviewing the game and getting the perspective of nearly every player/coach.

It's probably just me but I've felt this GF week to be highly unmotivating. Hawthorn for the 6th time in 8 years. WCE don't do it for me in terms of being interested in a side I don't barrack for. Just glad it's all over now.

I've really enjoyed it for different reasons tim. I've long ago given up reading and watching all the endless footy coverage throughout the season so that doesn't bother me. What I've liked is it has been a quiet week on PRE so I've been able to enjoy GF week for what it is without any angst or stress. Loved going into the city last week and seeing people out and about in footy gear. How I'd love it to be us saying Go Tiges to strangers in Bourke St Mall in a lead up to our granny. I really wanted Hawks to win so wasn't really neutral but I could watch the game without real emotion and take it for what it was. I could focus on Hawks and wondering about our similarities and differences. Really enjoyed yesterday but like you glad it's all over now. The best team won. We need to get better. Bring on 2016.

22nd Man said:
Parades weren't invented when we last made it :'(

Yes there were. I remember a mate who acted out grooming his hair just as Geoff Raines went past him in the parade and got a dirty look back from him!

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
I reckon Rosebury was rewarded for his outstanding effort to kill off our premiership hopes in the last quarter of the elimination final.

We killed of our "Premiership hopes" continually throughout the season by tolerating mediocrity that kills you every single time when it really counts.

Remember that the next time you see a Richmond player miss a target under little or no pressure and get rewarded with a pat on the bum and another game the next week and then try and figure out why we are not good enough.