Team vs Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Hawks

btoz_01 said:
Is it just Damiens call?
Im sure that the team is picked by the match committee. Anyone know whos on the matchless committee?

campbell, daley,leppa, lade and hardwick

zippadeee said:
Hardwick needs to bite the bullet, and p!ss off tampling, his no good..

im sure he usually would of been dropped, however im thinking that hardwick is gonna play him for most of the year to see if he can make it..if he is still like this in ten or so weeks ,then he is gone for good...

arlobill said:
im sure he usually would of been dropped, however im thinking that hardwick is gonna play him for most of the year to see if he can make it..if he is still like this in ten or so weeks ,then he is gone for good...

Dont like that idea, he has played 5 good games in 100.
Lets persit with Collins, Ashbury, or even post
Dont like the idea of project players,
Project players at Richmond scare me..
If theres 1 player i want gone at season end, its tampo, His gone past Matty white and Edwards for me..

This game could be the one we notch up our first win my fellow Tigers.

Hardwick knows the opposition very well and they have more to prove than u,s not to mention some are coming back from injury and will not be 100%.

First win coming up.

geoffryprettyboy said:
This game could be the one we notch up our first win my fellow Tigers.

Hardwick knows the opposition very well and they have more to prove than u,s not to mention some are coming back from injury and will not be 100%.

First win coming up.

Doubt it prettyboy.

I just don't see where the goal kickers are going to come from, something we have struggled with all year. This is why Morton is so important. Team looks pretty short again too, a lot of midgets running around and not so sure on White staying in the team after only 5 possessions last week. Very, very odd.

Barnzy said:
Doubt it prettyboy.

Yeah many doubt it to, your're not the only one, but I doubt the players think they are a long shot.

Morton has contributed on the scoreboard in the past but this year he has fell flat on his face, as for White, well he gives his very best to his capacity and is a team player, and that's what it's going to come down to, a team effort, being well aware that turnovers and skill errors have been their major hurdles.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yeah many doubt it to, your're not the only one, but I doubt the players think they are a long shot.

Morton has contributed on the scoreboard in the past but this year he has fell flat on his face, as for White, well he gives his very best to his capacity and is a team player, and that's what it's going to come down to, a team effort, being well aware that turnovers and skill errors have been their major hurdles.

The players probably think they're a chance each and every week, doesn't stop them from being belted.

White's 'very best' on the weekend was 5 possessions. Pretty pathetic for a player who's in his 5th year in the system, that wouldn't even be acceptable for a 1st year midfielder. Maybe one of DH favourites? Really baffled, how many chances does this guy get? Absolute hack IMO. All 3 games he's played this year he's been terrible.

geoffryprettyboy said:

Still its hard to work out whats going on with Morton. He did kick 5 of the 16 goals kicked in the 1st 2 games and then had a couple of quieter ones before being dropped. The guy is 186cm. He should be relying partly on his crumbing skills when the talls knock it to the ground, not taking the 1st and 2nd best tall tall defenders every week. There is no doubt that his defensive side needs work, but the guy is a very talented player, he's 23 years old, and I consider him a key player 3 or 4 years down the track when our younger players mature. Very nervous atm, I have no doubt Morton would excel at a stronger club, and I would hate to lose him because we couldn't get the best out of him.

Would be nice sometimes if clubs just came out and told the public what the issues are, and stop us second guessing.

GoodOne said:
Still its hard to work out whats going on with Morton. He did kick 5 of the 16 goals kicked in the 1st 2 games and then had a couple of quieter ones before being dropped. The guy is 186cm. He should be relying partly on his crumbing skills when the talls knock it to the ground, not taking the 1st and 2nd best tall tall defenders every week. There is no doubt that his defensive side needs work, but the guy is a very talented player, he's 23 years old, and I consider him a key player 3 or 4 years down the track when our younger players mature. Very nervous atm, I have no doubt Morton would excel at a stronger club, and I would hate to lose him because we couldn't get the best out of him.

Ditto.

Barnzy said:
White's 'very best' on the weekend was 5 possessions. Pretty pathetic for a player who's in his 5th year in the system, that wouldn't even be acceptable for a 1st year midfielder. Maybe one of DH favourites? Really baffled, how many chances does this guy get? Absolute hack IMO. All 3 games he's played this year he's been terrible.

Being so analytical maybe you should be asking whether Hardwick knows what he's doing. Many on here do not favour White, but we really have to think outside the square and think why he's getting a game in front of Collins. Farmer, Hislop, King, Post, McMahon, Thompson, and even Contin. At the moment IMO White is a team player, is fit enough and gives 100%, if and when those other players I mentioned give their very best and improve their weaknesses then White may probably be replaced.

Let's look at a few of the facts with Tambling. Hardwick is not afraid to drop players if they don't perform (see Morton).

Tambling is coming off surgery that restricts his running and speed.

If Hardwick is keeping him in the team, then it's fair to infer that Tambling's poor form is due to injury, not attitude, and he will get better as the season progresses by playing him in the senior team.

If this happened to Cotchin we would be happy to give him time. The fact Bling had a slow start to his career should not change how patient we are willing to be - he deserves the same time as a player who burst onto the scene.

I believe Tambling will come good and get to a level above where he was last year.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Being so analytical maybe you should be asking whether Hardwick knows what he's doing. Many on here do not favour White, but we really have to think outside the square and think why he's getting a game in front of Collins. Farmer, Hislop, King, Post, McMahon, Thompson, and even Contin. At the moment IMO White is a team player, is fit enough and gives 100%, if and when those other players I mentioned give their very best and improve their weaknesses then White may probably be replaced.

Doubt if White will get another game if he turns another 5 possession performance. The goal and assist is probably the only thing that saved him this week.

GoodOne said:
Doubt if White will get another game if he turns another 5 possession performance. The goal and assist is probably the only thing that saved him this week.

You might be right Damien.

rockstar_tiger said:
Let's look at a few of the facts with Tambling. Hardwick is not afraid to drop players if they don't perform (see Morton).

Tambling is coming off surgery that restricts his running and speed.

If Hardwick is keeping him in the team, then it's fair to infer that Tambling's poor form is due to injury, not attitude, and he will get better as the season progresses by playing him in the senior team.

If this happened to Cotchin we would be happy to give him time. The fact Bling had a slow start to his career should not change how patient we are willing to be - he deserves the same time as a player who burst onto the scene.

I believe Tambling will come good and get to a level above where he was last year.

Baloney. If you're not fit and can't play to AFL level, you shouldn't be playing. We're not guinea pigs. We support the club, we pay to watch the Tigers put out a team that will hopefully be competitive. Not a team of geriatrics who can't stretch past a jog. What a joke if this is true.

Dimma clearly looking to test the Hawks speed & skills under pressure given the selections this week.
I still think we'll lose but it'll be interesting to see if Dimma's strategy works.

I think Dimma has a sense of humour and is looking to line up our FF line as:
Graham Polly Farmer
;D

Barnzy said:
How the hell did White manage to stay in the team after 5 possessions as a midfielder? Meanwhile Collins is dropped....

Shocking.

Hell, i love the look of Collins but *smile* can he turn it over i don't think i have seen himhit a target all year.
He just looks like he should be a footballer but is going no where fast and after 4 years on our list he needs to pull the finger out.