Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

itsintheblood said:
Turbo Tiger said:
diggler said:
Yes he will be a star, a star in the Darwin comp!!!

I’m with Diggler. Yet again Richie got his 12 to 15 touches, which is not enough, and showed absolutely no vision when he had the ball.

The boy has two tricks in his repertoire, one good and the other shockingly bad. Firstly, he can kick a goal. He is no Daicos or Jeff Farmer, but he is a decent snap. Secondly, he is the king of the two metre hand pass to a mate under pressure. This is a real worry, because you can’t teach a footballer about vision – it is something you are born with!

Once again people on this site are trying hard to argue that Richie is going to be great, when they realise that recruiting him was a shocking error…

You're a twit. Richie is showing signs of what he's capable of. His game on the weekend was very very good.

It's fools like you posting crap like this that makes prospective players wonder why the hell they would want to join richmond.

hehehe

You have tobe joking right

he goes for the dawks you twit!

Damn I missed our replay on foxtel, is there another one later this week?

I saw the last quarter and Tambling's beautiful run and bounce dodging around opponents through the midfield followed by a perfect pass to Richo's chest to get us a goal was so awesome. I also remember a goal where he ran from the midfield with the ball faked to each side 2-3 times took a bounce the slotted it from 45 on the angle... better goal than any of Buddy's that I've seen.

Tambling will be better than Buddy, I'm staying firm on this. I don't even want a response to it actually, just would like to have it on record so when it happens I can bring it up again.

As for his game this week, to get 16 possies and 3 goals in 3 quarters (75% TOG) as a 20yo I can't wait to see him getting 24 possies and 4 goals as a 23yo in a typical match. Will be one of the most damaging midfielders of the decade and become the greatest aboriginal player ever if he is to reach his potential. Hopefully he'll reach at least 90% of his potential.

They only replay each game once benny. If you're desperate I can send you a copy.

blaisee said:
itsintheblood said:
Turbo Tiger said:
diggler said:
Yes he will be a star, a star in the Darwin comp!!!

I’m with Diggler. Yet again Richie got his 12 to 15 touches, which is not enough, and showed absolutely no vision when he had the ball.

The boy has two tricks in his repertoire, one good and the other shockingly bad. Firstly, he can kick a goal. He is no Daicos or Jeff Farmer, but he is a decent snap. Secondly, he is the king of the two metre hand pass to a mate under pressure. This is a real worry, because you can’t teach a footballer about vision – it is something you are born with!

Once again people on this site are trying hard to argue that Richie is going to be great, when they realise that recruiting him was a shocking error…

You're a twit. Richie is showing signs of what he's capable of. His game on the weekend was very very good.

It's fools like you posting crap like this that makes prospective players wonder why the hell they would want to join richmond.

hehehe

You have tobe joking right

he goes for the dawks you twit!

he does? ???

benny_furs said:
Damn I missed our replay on foxtel, is there another one later this week?

I saw the last quarter and Tambling's beautiful run and bounce dodging around opponents through the midfield followed by a perfect pass to Richo's chest to get us a goal was so awesome. I also remember a goal where he ran from the midfield with the ball faked to each side 2-3 times took a bounce the slotted it from 45 on the angle... better goal than any of Buddy's that I've seen.

Tambling will be better than Buddy, I'm staying firm on this. I don't even want a response to it actually, just would like to have it on record so when it happens I can bring it up again.

As for his game this week, to get 16 possies and 3 goals in 3 quarters (75% TOG) as a 20yo I can't wait to see him getting 24 possies and 4 goals as a 23yo in a typical match. Will be one of the most damaging midfielders of the decade and become the greatest aboriginal player ever if he is to reach his potential. Hopefully he'll reach at least 90% of his potential.

I'm with you Benny and cautiously agree, especially about him eventually being better than Buddy. At the very least, he's better than Roughead.

What impressed me with blingers was his kicking for goal, those 3 goals were all impressive, no gimme's just class.

AstuteTiger said:
What impressed me with blingers was his kicking for goal, those 3 goals were all impressive, no gimme's just class.

Agree, he's generally kicking straighter and further this year. Perhaps he won't ever become a week in, week out contributor but with his potential to make slicing runs through the midfield, 20-odd Tambling possessions could be the difference between winning and losing.

I thought he flashed in and out of the game. Really didn't think he was the good but if he can get 15-20 touches and bob up with a couple you would be more then happy.

Tambling is putting together quarters of hard running football but is still yet to put together a four quarter performance, I think it is coming but he is a work in progress coming along at a slow and steady trend.

lets talk about roughead

fat slow cant kick or get to contests, and has butter fingers hack

Pick 2 hahahahaha!

SCOOP said:
I thought he flashed in and out of the game. Really didn't think he was the good but if he can get 15-20 touches and bob up with a couple you would be more then happy.

Tambling is putting together quarters of hard running football but is still yet to put together a four quarter performance, I think it is coming but he is a work in progress coming along at a slow and steady trend.

Think you will find SCOOP that he spent a large amount of the 2nd quarter off the ground getting work done on his knee. Came back after half time with heavy strapping both above and below the knee.

blaisee said:
lets talk about roughead

Pick 2 hahahahaha!
The irony of it is we were going to take Roughead and the Hawks were hoping to get Tambling at 5.The hawks outsmarted themselves.
They could have had Tambling[#2] & Franklin[#5]
And we would have Lids[#1] & Roughead[#4]

Out of those 2 senerio,s imagine Tambling and Franklin in the same side :eek:

Thank You Buckenra ;D

All this hysteria is over the top. I am simply making my point of view on one recruiting choice.

Let’s look at the following:
1. Buddy is leading the AFL goalkicking after 11 rounds;
2. Buddy is being compared to the game’s greats regularly in the media – articles like the Herald-Sun’s “Buddy or Juddy”;
3. Buddy is spearhead in a team that is third on the ladder and looking at a double chance;
4. other players from the same draft are doing well, Griffen, Deledio and Lewis are very highly rated players;
5. Roughhead is struggling but is tall (they take longer) and struggling for a key forward role in a very good team; and
6. Bling is lightly built, lacks vision and has disappointed everyone with his career so far.

These are the facts as I SEE THEM.

There would not be one AFL coach that would take Bling over Buddy, including Wallet. It was a terrible recruiting decision, and we have to live with it. But we should also make Miller remember it!

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
blaisee said:
lets talk about roughead

Pick 2 hahahahaha!
The irony of it is we were going to take Roughead and the Hawks were hoping to get Tambling at 5.The hawks outsmarted themselves.
They could have had Tambling[#2] & Franklin[#5]
And we would have Lids[#1] & Roughead[#4]

Out of those 2 senerio,s imagine Tambling and Franklin in the same side :eek:

Thank You Buckenra ;D

Very true Captain, at no stage did Franklin appear to be on the radar, so if we were to look at the package deal then Tambling and Deledio would seem to be a very satisfying result. It's just a sign of the times that Richmond cops all the flak when Hawthorn and the Dogs also made big blunders.

When a team is down it would seem extra focus is placed on the mistakes rather than the successes. You never hear the media talk about the forsight in recruiting Thursfield or Foley just the BS about who is better out of Franklin or Tambling. The big loser of course is Richie who will have to live with this unfair comparison for his whole career, if he does make it then I will have nothing but the utmost respect for him as a person and footballer.

Turbo Tiger said:
All this hysteria is over the top. I am simply making my point of view on one recruiting choice.

There would not be one AFL coach that would take Bling over Buddy, including Wallet. It was a terrible recruiting decision, and we have to live with it. But we should also make Miller remember it!

SO LIVE WITH IT! ???

And stop coming on here and continue to draw comparisons between Bling and Buddys performance week to week you knob!

turbo, u cannot say that they are "the facts as u see them", that makes them an OPINION. but well done at stirring the pot

This is dedicated to Turbo Tiger (its to the lyrics of the Osmond classis, Puppy Love)

"Buddy Love"

And they called it Buddy love
Oh i guess they'll never know
How a man can push away the Tiges
And why i love him so

And they called it Buddy love
Just because he is a Hawk
Tell them all oh please tell it isn't fair
To take away my only dream

I cry each night my tears for you
My tears are all in vain
I hope and I'll pray that Buddy some day
You'll be back in my arms once again

Someone help me, help me please
Is the answer up above
How can i oh how can i tell them
There is nothing wrong with Buddy love

Someone help me, help me please
Is the answer up above
How can i, oh how can i tell them
There is nothing wrong with Buddy love

This is Buddy love
This is Buddy love (not Bling or Lids love)
This is Buddy love
This is Buddy love

Turbo Tiger said:

Let’s look at the following:
1. Buddy is leading the AFL goalkicking after 11 rounds;
2. Buddy is being compared to the game’s greats regularly in the media – articles like the Herald-Sun’s “Buddy or Juddy”;
3. Buddy is spearhead in a team that is third on the ladder and looking at a double chance;
4. other players from the same draft are doing well, Griffen, Deledio and Lewis are very highly rated players;
5. Roughhead is struggling but is tall (they take longer) and struggling for a key forward role in a very good team; and
6. Bling is lightly built, lacks vision and has disappointed everyone with his career so far.

These are the facts as I SEE THEM.

lets get back to talking about roughead

big fat slug ben holland mark 2 a joke at pick 2.

And as for duddy , quite happy with the bling , go dawks

Give your attacks on Turbo a rest. He is just expressing his view on Franklin.

I liek what I can see from Tambling, give him time to develop. Franklin is a star no doubt, can he continue with it.

Drafting is not an exact science. THere are always going to better players than some higher in a draft. Lets compare Ball to Judd. Very similar.