Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
jb03 said:
Plenty, if not all clubs have made similar mistakes.

Brad Scott traded
Kieran O'Dwyer pick 15
Steven Byers 14
Clayton Lamb 13
Grant Williams 12
Luke McPharlin 10 (12 games & traded)
Luke Brennan 8
Brendam Krummel 5
Brett O'Farrell for picks 4 & 36
Alex McDonald 1 (46 games in 7 years)

Plenty of skeletons there Turbo. Come back when you win a premiership.

Gee there is a few relative high picks there I have not heard of but the Brett O'Farrell trade is a corker.

jb03 said:
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
jb03 said:

Brad Scott traded
Kieran O'Dwyer pick 15
Steven Byers 14
Clayton Lamb 13
Grant Williams 12
Luke Brennan 8
Brendam Krummel 5

Gee there is a few relative high picks there I have not heard of but the Brett O'Farrell trade is a corker.

Another man who went from the penthouses of Sydney to the ankle taps and love-handle pinches at Ivanhoe park courtesy of Mr S. Town.

jb03 said:
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
jb03 said:

Brad Scott traded
Kieran O'Dwyer pick 15
Steven Byers 14
Clayton Lamb 13
Grant Williams 12
Luke Brennan 8
Brendam Krummel 5

Isn't it strange that Turbo hawk didn't even reply to that rip snorting post from LeeToRainesToRoach, sounds like check mate to me...
Most of them are first rounders Ouch! :pullhair

But u know TT you always mention bling V buddy etc etc and also make excuses for Roughhead when we all know he is a bona fide dud....
But the biggest anomaly ever is Judd V Hodge, Hodge is a very good player but Judd will probably go down as one of the best ever now that’s enough to make a grown man cry
....Need a tissue Turbo :ner

Ha Ha, great work LTRTR.

There is a lottery element to every draft - the Hawks may have got lucky with Buddy (but a looong way to go before he becomes the next James Hird!)

But they are hardly in a position to crow when they overlooked Judd, the most exceptional talent in modern football!

Then to follow that up by overlooking Griffen and Tambling (yes, Tambling!) also deserves some scrutiny.

Oh, and there's a handy player at Collingwood with the name of Pendlebury - Hawks could of had him too.

AstuteTiger said:
Isn't it strange that Turbo hawk didn't even reply to that rip snorting post from LeeToRainesToRoach, sounds like check mate to me...

But u know TT you always mention bling V buddy etc etc and also make excuses for Roughhead when we all know he is a bona fide dud....
But the biggest anomaly ever is Judd V Hodge, Hodge is a very good player but Judd will probably go down as one of the best ever now that’s enough to make a grown man cry

I don't care mate, I just want what is best for the Tiggers.

The Hawks passed up Juddy (I don't care), but we passed up Buddy - and that is tragic!

Interesting that Parkin was talking about Buddy this morning as the hardest player in the league to match up on. He didn't mention Bling, because my domestic cat could probably tag him easily...

Turgid, you are insufferable. Please f@#k off now.

I don't care about Franklin, he just plays for some overrated side - I can't remember their name.

I only care about Tambling. He will be a player. I am excited. So are many many Richmond supporters. I haven't met one who isn't.

cagedtiger said:
I don't care about Franklin, he just plays for some overrated side - I can't remember their name.

I only care about Tambling. He will be a player. I am excited. So are many many Richmond supporters. I haven't met one who isn't.
Spot on, caged. BTW I think Flanklin plays for some mob called the Waverley Devils.

Turbo Tiger said:

Why do you always call us the Tiggers? I thought that was a derogatory term opposition supporters use.

Disco08 said:
Why do you always call us the Tiggers? I thought that was a derogatory term opposition supporters use.

I like Tigger.....he was the only one I could respect from that whole Winnie the Pooh world.

Hungry said:
There is a lottery element to every draft - the Hawks may have got lucky with Buddy (but a looong way to go before he becomes the next James Hird!)

Then to follow that up by overlooking Griffen and Tambling (yes, Tambling!) also deserves some scrutiny.

I'm with you. Hawks botched it in 2004. They were always going to have Franklin and it is lucky for them he has turned out as good as he has, since the "experts" didn't rate him to be as good as the four in front of him. Niether did Hawthorn and that is why they played their silly "manipulate the draft" game. By playing games to try to "out smart" everyone in the draft they lost Tambling. Tambo is going to be a great player and if they now had both Franklin and Tambling now they would have every right to be satisfied with themselves. As it is Roughead may well turn out to be a champion but he hasn't shown a lot yet. As Phanto says, big men take longer to develop normally. Any Franklin > Tambling rubbish is exactly that, rubbish!

Lets look.

Richmond - Lids will be good, Tambo will be good.
Bullies - Griffen will be good
Hawks - Roughead ???, Franklin will be good.

Poor insecure Hawthorn supporters. It's alright dears, Franklin and Roughead will be just fine.

If Wallace had the choice to trade Bling for Buddy today do you think he would do it? Personally I think he would stick with Bling. At the start of the year he signed Richie up for 3 more years and said he was "on the verge of superstardom" and that he really hopes he is still around when Bling is 23-24 years old. Buddy's got a strong 'go home' factor where Bling has none at all. Psychologically Buddy is a headcase where Bling excells (this will show in finals). We have Riewoldt, Hughes and Polak as young KPPs with Schulz on the side hoping as well. Pattison is better than Roughead and with Deledio and Tambling in the middle we will be set up for years to come. Bling will be a superstar and possible future captain, I don't think Tiger supporters are hurting at all because if we drafted Buddy we would have missed out on Tambling who is already half way to becoming a star.

Fiora/Pavlich only hurt because Fiora was poor. Bling/Buddy will not hurt because both will be awesome. It's just that one of them exploded before the other.

Turbo Tiger said:
AstuteTiger said:

Interesting that Parkin was talking about Buddy this morning as the hardest player in the league to match up on. He didn't mention Bling, because my domestic cat could probably tag him easily...

TT get sick of hearing you want the best for the tigers, u ever only reply on dawks matters, give it a rest!

You know what i was reading the herald sun today and saw what parkin said, honestly i thought to myself turbo hawk is going to mention this and i said if he does it will just show how little he knows about footy, have u heard parkin mention buddy anytime this year about being the hardest to match up on, of coarse not, now cause u need a little educating the reason for these remarks is they play them 2nite and it’s just to pump him up a little more, so he gets all the accolades and he's all this and that, then hoping he fizzles yes its a ploy most coaches use it sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't but worth a try, if he kicks 6 the following week it wont matter to parkin because he's achieved what he set out to do, over inflate his ego and hope he kicks 1 or 2.

On bling u said....He didn't mention Bling, because my domestic cat could probably tag him easily......Don’t think so didn't see any freo players catch him when he was running and dodging players coming his way, he's super quick shouldn't u know that as Tigers supporter... :p

benny_furs said:
Fiora/Pavlich only hurt because Fiora was poor. Bling/Buddy will not hurt because both will be awesome. It's just that one of them exploded before the other.

That is a great post benny, both will be stars, but at least both clubs look like being winners, pav/fiona on the other hand we are anything but a winner.

Not sure the4 Hawks botched 2004. Lewis at 7 is looking a steal. The dogs are the ones who may got it wrong.

jb03 said:
Not sure the4 Hawks botched 2004. Lewis at 7 is looking a steal. The dogs are the ones who may got it wrong.

Yeah, probably not. My point was that for all the talk about us not taking Franklin which was NEVER going to happen under any circumstances, it is Hawthorn who could have been in a better position at the end of the 2004 draft if they hadn't been playing silly buggers. If Buddy had lived up to expectations they really would have egg on their faces now. He hasn't so far so good luck to them but it is the unexpected that makes the 2004 draft look better for them than it could have been.

RROFO said:
jb03 said:

Yeah, probably not. My point was that for all the talk about us not taking Franklin which was NEVER going to happen under any circumstances, it is Hawthorn who could have been in a better position at the end of the 2004 draft if they hadn't been playing silly buggers. If Buddy had lived up to expectations they really would have egg on their faces now. He hasn't so far so good luck to them but it is the unexpected that makes the 2004 draft look better for them than it could have been.

Yeah fair enough RROFO but the fact we were going to take Roughhead with our second pick is a concern and perhaps it is we that go lucky.

Turbo Tiger said:
AstuteTiger said:

The Hawks passed up Juddy (I don't care), but we passed up Buddy - and that is tragic!

:ban :troll2

jb03 said:
RROFO said:
jb03 said:

Yeah fair enough RROFO but the fact we were going to take Roughhead with our second pick is a concern and perhaps it is we that go lucky.

No doubt about it. But everything pointed to Roughead being better than Buddy for a number of reasons. You can only make decisions based on the information available and we made our decisions based on that information. Who knows Roughead may click and become the next Wayne Carey and then Hawthorn's little game may seem like a stroke of genius.

Until then, thank you very much Mr Clarkson. :)

Tambling has started to show some more decent form over the last few weeks so lets hope this improvement continues.