Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok. [Merged]

Didnt Jud ahve a question mark with serious shoulder injuries or something at draft time that stopped the first couple of going for him?

lamb22 said:
Interseting how Turbo Hawk goes off sooking when Hawthorns recruiting woes are highlighted and no one has even mentioned Judd (D'oh what were they thinking?) once in this thread.
Interesting we didn't hear from Turbo flog after round 1

Bill James said:
I would like to see Tambling stand him when we next play. He has the pace and is at least as good a contested mark

LMAO. Great post Billy. :clap

Love how Hawk fans were going nuts about Flanklin taking an overhead mark this week.
It was as if he'd just walked on water. :cutelaugh

He's promising but surely the most over hyped young player going around for many years.
Polak, Moore or Lace Out will get him next time up. 8)

Bill James said:
He has the pace and is at least as good a contested mark

BJ, Tambling simply is a better contested mark, that is for sure, still see that pack mark in Rd 1 and kicked a goal to boot!

Funny how Hawthorn have picked up many kids who are injured in the past 3 drafts. Muston type players.

It's all because of one simple mistake of ignoring one "injury prone" player a few years back :)

Turbo Tiger said:
checkside said:
Tigermad2005 said:
The player taken at 4 again looked good on the weekend.
Not going to say any names.
Yeah because one goal is briliant from a so called key forward ::)

If either of you are referring to Franklin - he kicked one goal but was important in a winning side. He also kicked three last week - making that four from a player that plays high up the ground. He has also kicked 6 goals three times in his career - including once against us!

He is a super star of this competition and we passed him up for a player that nobody can defend with anything but speculation about a bright future that is at this stage still invisible and unlikely...
Whoa step back he has kicked one more goal than Tambling for the year.

Haven't read all the replies for the game against Swans, but wasn't KO by Monster during warm up? Seeing stars before the game, yet played a reasonable game.

Three big mistakes this week were P bowden, Patto ( two easy goals giving away) and Pettifer's kick in the last quarter over Richo's head (missed opportunity).

Happy with the game given the lack of quality ruckman and two inexperienced defenders (gaining game time)

benny_furs said:
Funny how Hawthorn have picked up many kids who are injured in the past 3 drafts. Muston type players.

It's all because of one simple mistake of ignoring one "injury prone" player a few years back :)

Peterson? :-\

No 4 said:
Haven't read all the replies for the game against Swans, but wasn't KO by Monster during warm up? Seeing stars before the game, yet played a reasonable game.
Think it was the other way around.

Tigers of Old said:
benny_furs said:

Muston, Dowler, Thorp?

Tigers of Old said:
benny_furs said:

Hardly first rounders though Tooheys.

checkside said:
Tigers of Old said:
benny_furs said:

Muston, Dowler, Thorp?

Right on the money CS.

Disco08 said:
Tigers of Old said:
benny_furs said:

Hardly first rounders though Tooheys.

Didn't realise we were talking 1st rounders Disco.
The Hawkers have recruited OK on the face of it, injured players or not.
Time will tell if those injuries will effect the players checkers mentioned. Judd's turned out just fine hasn't he?
I was just a little surprised benny drew attention to it in this thread. That's all.

Someone else mentioned the Judd draft clanger in a Buddy post, just pointing out Hawthorn have selected more injured first rounders than any other club lately and this is probably a direct result of the Judd mistake...

Btw Tambling was better than Franklin this round.

So far this year it is 1 all ;)

While we are stickin the boots in ,what about Roughy over Griffin BIG MISTAKE

CC TIGER said:

That is the biggest mistake of all in that draft.

Tigerbob said:
CC TIGER said:

That is the biggest mistake of all in that draft.
Tom Williams at #6 while yet to be proven a mistake YET,Certainly was the biggest gamble.

As biased as I may be to the boys in Yellow an Black Brett Deledio is by far the best in that draft an will be the best number 1 pick there is.Stand back an enjoy the ride the boy is about to cut loose :fire

OK boys, Richie should burn on Friday night, no excuses, that's a fair call isn't it?