Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok. [Merged]

tigersforever06 said:
too much focus on statistics ::)

If the statistics are so wrong then surely you can answer the question.

Tambling would simply be the biggest statistical anomaly in the history of AFL if he was as bad as you and the other Chicken Littles are making him out to be while putting up numbers like this.

Tambling was in an around alot of packs on Saturday. He didn't look scared to me.

tigersforever06 said:
Stastical Foley was the least effective kick in the leauge last year.

Would you delist him because of that?

Of course not, he's the only player at Richmond besides Coughlan that can win a clearance.

Turbo Tiger said:
Anyone see Jetta or Varcoe on the weekend?

Saw Jetta get 5 touches in a shootout. Oh, he kicked a goal though so of course he way better than anything we have. Varcoe must have dominated though, he got 6 touches in the demolition of Carlton. Between them they made 2 tackles.

By all means use this as an indication they're both far better than Tambling who had 8 touches, 2 goals and 5 tackles in a stoppage heavy, low possession game.

Chris Judd has a lot to answer for by being so good so quickly.

Now we all get stuck into players like Tambo for not being a superstar in 2 seasons.
We have to give them a few years to delevop and find their feet.

Chris Judds only come along once in a blue moon.

B1

All i want at Richmond are players that can hit a target more often than not and at this stage we only have maybe 1 or 2 players that can do that and Ritchie is not one of them.

Disco08 said:
Turbo Tiger said:

Saw Jetta get 5 touches in a shootout. Oh, he kicked a goal though so of course he way better than anything we have. Varcoe must have dominated though, he got 6 touches in the demolition of Carlton. Between them they made 2 tackles.

By all means use this as an indication they're both far better than Tambling who had 8 touches, 2 goals and 5 tackles in a stoppage heavy, low possession game.

:tumbleweed

Nice work Disco. :)

Tigers of Old said:
Disco08 said:
Turbo Tiger said:

:tumbleweed

Nice work Disco. :)

I'll stick with Tambo too thanks :clap :clap

Turbo Tiger said:
Redford said:
Tim Watson was likening him to Michael Long where he was saying that besides his playing style being similar, young skinny Aboriginals quite often take a while to come on. He said that Tambling reminded him of Long and the fact it took Long 5-6 years to really hit his straps.

So we have a coach that needs 3 or 4 more years to get us in a winning position – and a top draft pick that needs 5 or 6 years. What is going on with our club?

Anyone see Jetta or Varcoe on the weekend? They look ready to go, not to mention Franklin who continues to influence the outcome of games while Tambo just runs around looking out of his depth.

Tigers of Old said:
Ritchie has the speed & skill no doubt.
The consistency will come with strength & experience.

Give up – the kid is terrible!
Lets compare Varcoe and Jetta to that of Long and Tambo.
Varcoe & Jetta both came through the state system in SA & WA.
Long & Tambo both thru the NT system.
Ya know Watson might just be onto something here :p

The way Terry had talked him up in the preseason he was going to star this year.
Two games down and not even a little ray of hope.

Tigermad2005 said:
The way Terry had talked him up in the preseason he was going to star this year.

Exactly, only 2 games down. A season is a long thing.

Disco08 said:
Turbo Tiger said:

Awesome post, both ess and geel had the ball up on their FWD lines heaps of times and thus allowing their fwd's a greater oppurtunity to score, davey 8 poss and 1 goal albeit had a good tackle count and the other 2 as disco metioned had little impact but the way some of carried on u would've thought they took the game by storm.

Tigermad2005 said:

You're a real 'glass is half empty' kinda guy aren't you TM?

Thought I'd compare some of the players mentioned around Tambling's name by the points they earned in the AFL Dream Team for Rnd2. I know this isn't a "be all and end all" example but its a measure nonetheless.

Alwyn Davey - 72
Ryan Griffin - 59
Richie Tambling - 56
Dale Thomas - 53
Buddy Franklin - 52
Leroy Jetta - 33
Travis Varcoe - 32
Jarryd Roughead - VFL

My analysis of this is that Richie isn't as far off the mark as some here are demanding. If he has had a quiet game on Sat, then it would be interesting to see if any improvement would see him leading this group.

Hopper, DT uses just the basic points for kicks, marks etc. You're better off giving the supercoach points which only give scores for effective disposals and factor in clearances, 1st possessions, 1%ers etc.

Davey (this 'kid' is 23) - 71
Griffen - 60
Tambling - 62
Thomas - 18
Franklin - 62
Jetta - 51
Varcoe - 44
Deledio - 114
Monfries - 83
Lewis - 119

The hawks should be dropping buddy only 1 goal and 4 marks for a KPP, oh yeah had a game breaking 1 contested mark...Other impressive stats were he had 1 tackle....

Ok on a serious note, i myself have been advocating blingers to be playing more so in the middle at the start of the year, u know what i reckon lets do the reverse for the time being lets leave him on the fwd line for 75 to 85% of the time and have him as the goal kicking small fwd, if he kicks his 2 to 3 goals a game mate he's doing his job, to many people point out he doesn't do this or that and in some instances they may well be right i also saw his chasing and harassing how else would he of had 5 tackles, i think TW should leave him there as that electrifying small fwd but at the same time continue to improve the defensive pressure in that one position, this hit me when seeing the game again on tape....i/we keep mentioning krak, meyer and hartigan as the main smalls....Lets have brown, "bling" and petts as the small and semi small fwd's...

checkside said:
Tigermad2005 said:
The player taken at 4 again looked good on the weekend.
Not going to say any names.
Yeah because one goal is briliant from a so called key forward ::)

If either of you are referring to Franklin - he kicked one goal but was important in a winning side. He also kicked three last week - making that four from a player that plays high up the ground. He has also kicked 6 goals three times in his career - including once against us!

He is a super star of this competition and we passed him up for a player that nobody can defend with anything but speculation about a bright future that is at this stage still invisible and unlikely...

Turbo Tiger said:
He is a super star of this competition and we passed him up for a player that nobody can defend with anything but speculation about a bright future that is at this stage still invisible and unlikely...
Franklin a superstar already. :eek:
Good Grief.

Turbo Tiger said:
checkside said:
Tigermad2005 said:
The player taken at 4 again looked good on the weekend.
Not going to say any names.
Yeah because one goal is briliant from a so called key forward ::)

If either of you are referring to Franklin - he kicked one goal but was important in a winning side. He also kicked three last week - making that four from a player that plays high up the ground. He has also kicked 6 goals three times in his career - including once against us!

TT - always willing to contribute when the Buddy debate comes up... Must be slow at HHQ or Mighty Hawks.com

Missing33 said:
Tigermad2005 said:

You're a real 'glass is half empty' kinda guy aren't you TM?
Nothing wrong with that Missin,as long as its quickly refilled :beer :beer

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Turbo Tiger said:
Franklin a superstar already. :eek:
Good Grief.

He has won games off his own boot (including in Tassie against us last year). He also is the crowd favourite and his picture is in the paper nearly every day, including two photos in today's Herald-Sun. He's not the best player in the comp, or even at the Dawks, but if he isn't a super star then I'm not sure who is...

As I have said before, like Pavlich he could have been ours. But our recruiting staff are VFL standard....