Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Barnzy said:
Mate do you have any type of clue? Where did I say anything about Farmer other than "Besides Farmer who is an unknown"? Learn to read posts before you mash the post button in anger.

MAte this was your quote ' in fact they would do well because they have much more talent than him' after directly talking about Farmer and the others. There was no post in anger just logic and a response to your ridiculous claim.

I know you enjoy knocking players, sure you get off over it and feel like the greatest keyboard warrior in history, thats ok though. It takes all sorts to make a site. Jsut wish you'd use more logic and truth rather than outlandish claims.

shawry said:
MAte this was your quote ' in fact they would do well because they have much more talent than him' after directly talking about Farmer and the others. There was no post in anger just logic and a response to your ridiculous claim.

I know you enjoy knocking players, sure you get off over it and feel like the greatest keyboard warrior in history, thats ok though. It takes all sorts to make a site. Jsut wish you'd use more logic and truth rather than outlandish claims.

Here is the quote "If any of those named (besides Farmer who is an unknown)"

How can you not understand this? Time to go back to school.

GoodOne said:
Connors will be able to play anywhere. Has possibly the most skill of anyone at the Tigers. Hasn't lived up to expectations because of attitude. Happens with youngsters with tremendous amounts of skill who didn't have to work hard in the junior leagues.

Yes has only won 2 B&Fs playing midfield at the Tigers. All hype I'm sure. The reason Deledio has been playing back is because finally we''ve been able to afford to move him into a position we have had gaping deficiencies in. It's the reason, for example, that a Hawthorn might play a Hodge or the Saints a Goddard in a similar role even though they can play midfield perfectly well and excel. With Martin doing so well as a first year and Cotchin getting more game time it has given us some flexibility we haven't had before. Deledio is the sort of player who can play anywhere on the ground. And let's not forget he's just 22
Agree her, think Newman's best position is definitely half back flank. A very penetrating kick and skillful and knows how to read the flight of the ball very well.
backman through and through. Too slow for midfield and not the tank required (yet anyway).

Make or break time. Backline is the only option for Tambling imo.

Fair point about the Deledio B&F, however to say he won playing out of the mid-field is a bit of a stretch. Terry didn't like him as a mid, flat out said so and proved it by playing him all over the field. Did a great job with a lot more time in the mid-field under Rawlings, happy to concede that.

With Conners you are at best having an educated guess. We all know his football talent but IMO he is a little one paced and does not have the genetic pre-disposition to build a really big tank. I think he has found his spot.

Again my point is that many players have restrictions that prevent them playing in a variety of positions. I think Tambling through injuries and lack of natural endurance has struggled to keep pace with the game this year. I also think he has almost no idea when to go and when to stop, I don't know how else to put it, but he seems to be jogging and sprinting at all the wrong times. Like many others, get him to follow another player down back and those decisions are made for him.

Barnzy said:
Here is the quote "If any of those named (besides Farmer who is an unknown)"

How can you not understand this? Time to go back to school.
Can't argue with that.

I can argue however with your claim all the others have more talent however. You still have no basis to suggest that. Some probably do, some probably don't. Tambling's drafting position and rating at the time of drafting suggest he well and truly does have talent.

jb03 said:
Dunno about trade but there has been plenty of delistings.

hahahahahahahaha. Some of your finest JB. If only Richmond swung the axe as hard as PRE.

shawry said:
Can't argue with that.

I can argue however with your claim all the others have more talent however. You still have no basis to suggest that. Some probably do, some probably don't. Tambling's drafting position and rating at the time of drafting suggest he well and truly does have talent.

Good to see you admit you were wrong after all the abuse.

As for Tambling's drafting position... that has nothing to do with his talent here and now. Plenty of average players have got drafted early over the years. It means they probably had talent at the time but were never able to translate it to AFL level.

Who out of Newman, Connors and Deledio do you think Tambling has more talent than?

Barnzy said:
Good to see you admit you were wrong after all the abuse.

As for Tambling's drafting position... that has nothing to do with his talent here and now. Plenty of average players have got drafted early over the years. It means they probably had talent at the time but were never able to translate it to AFL level.

Who out of Newman, Connors and Deledio do you think Tambling has more talent than?

I dont take back the abuse. I still feel you are a keyboard hero who takes pleasure in abusing players who are at least out there trying their best every week and playing at AFL level. Much easier sitting outside the fence and to blurt your mouth off.

I feel he has more talent than Newman, and unsure re Connors. HAving said that I wouldnt replace Newman with Tambling. Newmancould move up the ground onto a wing. Happy with Deledio.

Drafting position doesnt necessarily correspond to talent, but to go with the fact he did well enough as a junior to get to number 4, his tremendous seaon last year where he showed many glimpses of his talent, I ahve no heistation to say that Tambling has talent.

Anyway, moving on.....

shawry said:
I dont take back the abuse. I still feel you are a keyboard hero who takes pleasure in abusing players who are at least out there trying their best every week and playing at AFL level. Much easier sitting outside the fence and to blurt your mouth off.

Says the person who has to abuse people to get their point across when they're clearly wrong and didn't read the post properly in the first place. :hihi

shawry said:
I feel he has more talent than Newman, and unsure re Connors. HAving said that I wouldnt replace Newman with Tambling. Newmancould move up the ground onto a wing. Happy with Deledio.

Disagree on all. All of them have better footy brains and skills than Tambling.

shawry said:
Drafting position doesnt necessarily correspond to talent, but to go with the fact he did well enough as a junior to get to number 4, his tremendous seaon last year where he showed many glimpses of his talent, I ahve no heistation to say that Tambling has talent.

Anyway, moving on.....

It's all well and good to say that but it's been 6 years and it's been slow going and he's gone backwards at the rate of knots this year. How long do we wait for him to consistently show this so called "talent"? Another 6 years? His chances are quickly running out.

Barnzy said:
Says the person who has to abuse people to get their point across when they're clearly wrong and didn't read the post properly in the first place. :hihi

Disagree on all. All of them have better footy brains and skills than Tambling.

It's all well and good to say that but it's been 6 years and it's been slow going and he's gone backwards at the rate of knots this year. How long do we wait for him to consistently show this so called "talent"? Another 6 years? His chances are quickly running out.

Mate I misread your post yes. I was not abusing you to get my point across. I was abusing you because of your constant negativity towards players and the way it irks me whilst scarcely if ever accepting or mentioning positives of players nad what htey have to offer. I dont mind a bit of negativity jsut a bit of balance would be nice. . Let me know mate, you may very well be a high avchiever in life, I have no idea and if you are well done and congratulations. Stil lthink it is low of you to continually denigrate people that have reached the top echelon of their field whether or not you are a high achiever or not. As I said a bit of blaance would be nice.

shawry said:
Mate I misread your post yes. I was not abusing you to get my point across. I was abusing you because of your constant negativity towards players and the way it irks me whilst scarcely if ever accepting or mentioning positives of players nad what htey have to offer. I dont mind a bit of negativity jsut a bit of balance would be nice. . Let me know mate, you may very well be a high avchiever in life, I have no idea and if you are well done and congratulations. Stil lthink it is low of you to continually denigrate people that have reached the top echelon of their field whether or not you are a high achiever or not. As I said a bit of blaance would be nice.

They are paid very well to do their job, if I was as negligent in my job as a lot of them I would've been fired long ago (although I am on PRE a lot :hihi). If you can't handle a bit of reality and criticism towards players then that's not my fault. I give players positivite comments when they deserve them. Tambling doesn't deserve them.

linuscambridge said:
With Conners you are at best having an educated guess. We all know his football talent but IMO he is a little one paced and does not have the genetic pre-disposition to build a really big tank. I think he has found his spot.

I see, so my guesses are educated but yours are factual. I'd say he has just as much chance of building a tank as not building a tank. Is getting plenty of the ball indicating he's not doing too badly getting around the ground andinto the right spots. Not sure what you mean by one-paced. Connors (its with an 'o' by the way) has plenty of pace when he needs it.

Barnzy said:
They are paid very well to do their job, if I was as negligent in my job as a lot of them I would've been fired long ago. If you can't handle a bit of reality and criticism towards players then that's not my fault. I give players positivite comments when they deserve them. Tambling doesn't deserve them.

AS I said mate I dont mind negativity and I can handle a bit . All I ask is balance. You do not have balanced views with your posts. And as you mentioned re being negligent, that is why players get delisted. Took a lot for you to say anyhting positive about White after berating him senselessly, but yes you eventualyl did state he had one good game. How generous of you. I am sure he sleeps a lot better knowing that now. Tambling has improved every year except for this year. Professional sportsmen must greater than him have had bad seasons. Is it acceptable, no and I dont like it, can you forgive one poor season. I would have thought so. Every individual is boviously different Barnzy, ie me and you. All I ask for in future is a bit of balance. Not just constant slaying of players. They do all try. Many have things out of their control affecting them, many also do have a fair bit of control. Let's give him a cance to settle back in the backline and see what eventuates. Are you willing ot do that?

shawry said:
Let's give him a cance to settle back in the backline and see what eventuates. Are you willing ot do that?

I already said I'm fine with him come back and seeing if he can make it in the backline.

However as for the rest of you what you said, I'll post what I want when I want, sorry.

shawry said:
AS I said mate I dont mind negativity and I can handle a bit . All I ask is balance. You do not have balanced views with your posts. And as you mentioned re being negligent, that is why players get delisted. Took a lot for you to say anyhting positive about White after berating him senselessly, but yes you eventualyl did state he had one good game. How generous of you. I am sure he sleeps a lot better knowing that now. Tambling has improved every year except for this year. Professional sportsmen must greater than him have had bad seasons. Is it acceptable, no and I dont like it, can you forgive one poor season. I would have thought so. Every individual is boviously different Barnzy, ie me and you. All I ask for in future is a bit of balance. Not just constant slaying of players. They do all try. Many have things out of their control affecting them, many also do have a fair bit of control. Let's give him a cance to settle back in the backline and see what eventuates. Are you willing ot do that?

I agree Shawry, I am that sick of all the negativity here!! It is so much easier to point out someones weakness rather than focusing on their strengths. I will generally respect the posts of people that give balanced opinions, as the negative ones just come across as arrogant!!

Don't trade him.

He'll flourish in a new environment.

We'll get a poor pick, and get critisised for poor development.

Keep him.

Work through any psychological or injury issues he may have.

Scenario one: He works himself out, becomes a good player for 5-6 years.
Scenario two: He gets delisted in a couple of years, and no other clubs will touch him.

As long as we avoid Scenario three: We trade him for a bad pick, then he does well in a new environment.

Personally I think he'll be a good player and play over 200 games for us. I haven't lost faith.

I went to the game on Sunday and this is what i saw from Richard Tambling. Some good, some not so. I also have no opinion as to whether he goes or stays.
1) Not two many second efforts, went once then sat back and watched
2) Ducked his head on nearly every occasion he was tackled
3) Ran forward well from half back or full back line
4) Hardly stuck a tackle for he entire game
5) Disposal by foot with no pressure on excellent
6) Disposal by hand under pressure good
7) Disposal by foot under pressure poor / kicked around the corner a lot
8) Organised and talked well in the back line / you could clearly hear him from the boundary line
9) Encouraged team mates when on the bench and cooling down
10) Looked very team focused

Make of these comments, what you will, I am not a football recruiter, development officer, or coach just a supporter.