Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Isn't the issue about the lack of even the basic security checks on the refuges from Palestine this time around?
Dutton is now saying that the exact same screening checks that ASIO did for the refugees from Syria and Iraq is now not good enough.

Dutton is now saying that the exact same screening checks that ASIO did for the refugees from Syria and Iraq is now not good enough.
A fair percentage of the refugees from Syria and Iraq were orthodox Christians. Not all by any means but a lot of them.
The vast majority of Gazans are muslims
To me that provides a fair bit of the answer to why they are different in Dutton’s mind. But he will never say that, or maybe he might?

Reactions: 1 user
Funny that. just saw an interview with Bridget McKenzie on everyone's favourite Murdoch channel. Where the journo put that question to her. Coalition reckons the checks aren't being done and the visa's are pretty much just being rubber stamped. Apparently not one Labour minister will guarantee that the checks are actually being properly done, just word salading that the same " systems " are in place.

A fair percentage of the refugees from Syria and Iraq were orthodox Christians. Not all by any means but a lot of them.
To me that provides a fair bit of the answer to why they are different in Dutton’s mind. But he will never say that, or maybe he might?
Might also mean that a lot of them weren't Hamas sympathizers either

Might also mean that a lot of them weren't Hamas sympathizers either
Who the Iraqis and Syrians or the Gazans? The Iraqis and Syrians wouldn't have given Hamas a thought, they were in their own war zone.

There are millions of people in the middle east who aren't Hamas sympathisers and many many Gazans who are not as well.

Let's stay out of that subject, too incendiary

Linda Reynolds, 60 yo shadow govt minister,

calls both her parents as witnesses in Higgins defamation trial

(we believe in free speech, until someone says something nasty to us)

Mum said 'how could anyone say our Linda could say those things?'

then Dad got up and reaffirmed 'Our Linda wouldn't say those things'

well, thats pretty open and shut then.

:rotfl1

Yay LNP: champions of free speech, independence and personal liberty ............... 'Muuuuuuuuuummmmmm, she's being meeeeeaaaaaannnnnnn, tell her to shuuuuuussssshhhhhh'

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Linda Reynolds, 60 yo shadow govt minister,

calls both her parents as witnesses in Higgins defamation trial

(we believe in free speech, until someone says something nasty to us)

Mum said 'how could anyone say our Linda could say those things?'

then Dad got up and reaffirmed 'Our Linda wouldn't say those things'

well, thats pretty open and shut then.

:rotfl1

Yay LNP: champions of free speech, independence and personal liberty ............... 'Muuuuuuuuuummmmmm, she's being meeeeeaaaaaannnnnnn, tell her to shuuuuuussssshhhhhh'

Yet another liberal party stooge goes to court to defend their "reputation" and comes out looking even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Zali Steggal called Dutton a racist in Parliament today and I'm glad about that

shame she didn't have a can of dog food on hand for him

Reactions: 2 users
Zali Steggal called Dutton a racist in Parliament today and I'm glad about that

shame she didn't have a can of dog food on hand for him

someone should do it outside,

and run the Truth defence when he sues, cause LNP's idea of Free Speech is They have the right to speak Freely,

but nobody else does.

and Truth gets the *smile* every time.

Reactions: 2 users
It's amusing that these days it seems that calling someone racist is worse than being racist.

Dutton has form. This comment by him, when warning Australians of the risks of a minority government, is by any measure racist.

“It will include the Greens, it will include the green teals, it will include Muslim candidates from Western Sydney. It will be a disaster.”

Gazans would make great neighbours.

It's amusing that these days it seems that calling someone racist is worse than being racist.

Dutton has form. This comment by him, when warning Australians of the risks of a minority government, is by any measure racist.
He is undoubtedly a racist.

Anglo/Celtic in ethnic origin and Judeo/Christian in religion is what he believes true Australians should be.

Jason Clare is a sharp and funny guy.

He just described Dutton as "the same as Pauline Hanson without the personality"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users