Squad for NAB Round 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Squad for NAB Round 1

I would prefer go stronger team earlier - if Cotch does a hammy NAB 1 - he'd still be right for Rd 1 - if he does one in NAB 3 ....

Give the older players the two games they want in NAB 1 and NAB 2, rest them NAB 3 and get them hungry again for Rd 1.

All teams get three games, but is there a final on the following week, or do teams take the week off before round 1?

just on the oppo for Friday night . Everyone talks about Freo and their big bodied and tall on ballers . Had michael Barlow come into my work a couple of weeks ago and can confirm he is a massive unit

Finally FOOTY IS BACK cant wait to see how all the young boys go...good times ahead tiger army!!!!!!

Tigers of Old said:
What I'll be watching closely..

- Soldo vs Sandilands
- Elton & Astbury as key backs
- McBean, Griffiths & Chol up forward
- Rioli, Bulter & Short as small forwards

Chol vs Sandilands too?

Tigers of Old said:
What I'll be watching closely..

- Soldo vs Sandilands- Elton & Astbury as key backs
- McBean, Griffiths & Chol up forward
- Rioli, Bulter & Short as small forwards

Massacre :hihi

looking forward to it. think the new/younger blokes will have a blast.

A good test for the systems the coaching group have in place to see how competitive the young group will be. Hope the heat doesn't become as issue - 31 deg tomorrow, at least it won't be humid.

puregreen said:
A good test for the systems the coaching group have in place to see how competitive the young group will be. Hope the heat doesn't become as issue - 31 deg tomorrow, at least it won't be humid.

4:10 start time is crazy. Lions and Suns play up here starting at 3:40. Will be 30degs and 70% humidity at that time.

Remember the old days when it used to be a night comp? That is pretty logical for this time of year

I've picked a team including all the kids I want to get a look at.
But I tried to get the positions right.

Nathan Broad David Astbury Jason Castagna
Nick Vlastuin Todd Elton Reece Conca
Corey Ellis Kamdyn McIntosh Connor Menadue
Oleg Markov Ben Griffiths Ben Lennon
Tyrone Vickery Liam McBean Sam Lloyd

Ivan Soldo Jacob Townsend Brandon Ellis

Mabior Chol Callum Moore Shaun Grigg Daniel Butler Daniel Rioli Jayden Short
Kane Lambert Adam Marcon

I've left these guys out because we've seen them before and know what they can do.

Troy Chaplin
Jake Batchelor
Steven Morris

It could well be a messy result for the Tigers against Freo ... but I am really pleased that the Tigers have decided to blood some young and/or inexperienced players at the AFL level.

In many instances, a taste of the elite level of competition for many players is sufficient elixir to inspire greater efforts and endeavours to achieve success.

Now is the time to see if there are any signs of ability among this group that can be harnessed and developed with the potential to be utilised later in the season should form or injuries require rejuvenation to the team.

I am not the least bit concerned about the scoreboard or the result ... more interested in getting some teasing glimpses of future potential that may assist the quest to the Holy Grail.

FitenFitenWin said:
1 Nick Vlastuin
5 Brandon Ellis
6 Shaun Grigg
7 Ben Lennon
11 Jake Batchelor
12 David Astbury
17 Daniel Rioli
21 Jacob Townsend
23 Kane Lambert
24 Ben Griffiths
25 Troy Chaplin