Squad for NAB Round 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Squad for NAB Round 1

Strong squad by Freo. They obviously want to be up and about early on.

Good test for our players .

Just want to see how our young kids go against them.

Carter said:
Looks like Griff and Vickery to fight it out for that third tall forward slot.
Who is the second tall forward Carts? Would have thought Vickery is definitely ahead at this stage after his finish to the season last year.

Rancey18 said:
Who is the second tall forward Carts? Would have thought Vickery is definitely ahead at this stage after his finish to the season last year.

;)

When the squad is trimmed to 26, I'd be quite happy for Grigg and Chaplin to be two of the three omitted. We know what we're going to get with these players - doubt they've got much, if any, improvement in them - don't need to see them in Nab 1.

Might keep Grigg to have another seasoned body in midfield. Lots of kids in there and we don't want to break them.

Batch Morris and Chaplin could rest though.

We could go

Castagna Astbury Elton
Flossy C Moore Broad
B Ellis Townsend Kmac
Lennon Chol Lloyd
Ty Beanie Rioli
Soldo Conca Grigg

Int: Marcon Lambert C Ellis Short Butler Menadue Markov Griff.

Happy to hear chappy has been training with the fwds. Surely that means astbury is our CHB this year and long term. Hope he does well. Also hope Townsend rioli cellis Lennon Lloyd conca do well. These r the guys that will push us up a level or 3. Vickers griff need to really stamp their authority this year also

keepa lids onit said:
Happy to hear chappy has been training with the fwds. Surely that means astbury is our CHB this year and long term. Hope he does well. Also hope Townsend rioli cellis Lennon Lloyd conca do well. These r the guys that will push us up a level or 3. Vickers griff need to really stamp their authority this year also

Happy for Chappy to play forward. Had an uncanny knack of finding himself all alone in defence. If he can translate that to the forward line he will be a valuable asset.

scottyturnerscurse said:
Happy for Chappy to play forward. Had an uncanny knack of finding himself all alone in defence. If he can translate that to the forward line he will be a valuable asset.

:rofl :rofl

The coaching staff were obviously impressed with his aeroplane celebration against Port ;D

Good to see Vlas named as Captain - was Captain through his juniors and might be a nod to a future gig.

Looking forward to the game - great to see so many young players getting a go.

We've done this the last few years by resting senior player 1st NAB, Freo have from memory gone in strong 1st rd NAB then rested rd 2 NAB, they never come out slow rd1 and they have blitzed at seasons start last few years, getting that speed up in body and mind, its only 1 week but i wish we played a stronger team this week and played this named team against the hawks

Tigertough1974 said:
We've done this the last few years by resting senior player 1st NAB, Freo have from memory gone in strong 1st rd NAB then rested rd 2 NAB, they never come out slow rd1 and they have blitzed at seasons start last few years, getting that speed up in body and mind, its only 1 week but i wish we played a stronger team this week and played this named team against the hawks

Might have something to do with the travel for this first game.

We will blitz it round 1 - its then about building on that game for the next 3 or 4 that I am more interested in.

Tigertough1974 said:
It may also have a lot to do with where the game is. Clubs seem to want to get a certain amount of game time into players and given that we are travelling and Freo isn't that might be some of the reason why we are leaving key players out. Freo will most likely leave key players out when they travel interstate

Yeah good points guys, its not just the plane travel there is also bud travel...

Just hope we don't get off to a slow start again.. Im very confident of a win vs Blues but we have a testing first 8 games to set up our season, a lot of teams that will be there about with us.. Need a good start to the season!!!!

Out of all the kids which im very excited to see, im probably most looking forward to seeing Cellis, Lennon, Macca - to see how they are tracking on their development and if they will improve us this year.. Also conca, Lloyd & JT for same reason...

Longer term looking at Mcbean, Menedue, Rioli , George & shorty