should tracy be sacked? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

should tracy be sacked?

should tracy be sacked? haha only a wind up.

• sacked.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • suspended for 15 weeks

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • cheese sanga

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
Rancey18 said:
It seems so strange that I'm finding Lamby and Baloo's posts to be on the money in terms of my thoughts regarding this. Tis the holiday season I suppose.

Holiday season or things are so clear that even mutton and I find it hard to take the opposing side for fun

TigerMasochist said:
Why?

Are they more human, special or entitled than anyone else?

I thought we were supposed to be heading in the general direction of equality for all regardless, yet you, like many others jump straight in demanding special privileges n advantages for one over another.

It's cool TM, you go on believing that.

You still don't get that true equality needs to be driven by the culture, not just by law.

Baloo said:
Holiday season or things are so clear that even mutton and I find it hard to take the opposing side for fun

I find it fun to play the devil's advocate and see how my words are twisted to suit a purpose. Very interesting.

rosy23 said:
Wasn't it her choice not to press charges?

I read in the paper (the age I think - and you can take that as a grain of salt admittedly) that she refused to talk to police, but wanted the AFL and RFC to complete their investigation. if its true, it seems very strange to me.

Ian4 said:
I read in the paper (the age I think - and you can take that as a grain of salt admittedly) that she refused to talk to police, but wanted the AFL and RFC to complete their investigation. if its true, it seems very strange to me.

And that's the worst part here. So much just doesn't sound right and didn't from the beginning. Even after the police have concluded their investigation the media and others are still trying to claim Martin deserve a huge whack for threatening to stab a woman, when it seems he didn't.

For the police to make such a strong and definitive press release like they did, it can only be assumed no one corroborated the woman's version of events, not even those close by. If the police could release all the interview transcripts yarn maybe we, joe public, would have some closure, but they won't.

So now we have Martin with the lingering stench of a woman basher. Tracey and her employees still trying to keep the waters murky. Definitely no winners here except maybe some free press for Mr Miyagi, but who knows if that's a good or bad thing for them.

Carter said:
LOL.

such indignation from those who wouldn't have the faintest clue what it will be like for "Tracey" now. Martin can and will continue to play good footy.

boofhead.
Objectivity and you haven't met, clearly.

Baloo said:
So now we have Martin with the lingering stench of a woman basher. Tracey and her employees still trying to keep the waters murky. Definitely no winners here except maybe some free press for Mr Miyagi, but who knows if that's a good or bad thing for them.

This is where there is no equality. 'Tracey' could be lying her arse off but the mud will stick to Martin and quite frankly that's a sh!thouse outcome.

Baloo said:
And that's the worst part here. So much just doesn't sound right and didn't from the beginning. Even after the police have concluded their investigation the media and others are still trying to claim Martin deserve a huge whack for threatening to stab a woman, when it seems he didn't.

For the police to make such a strong and definitive press release like they did, it can only be assumed no one corroborated the woman's version of events, not even those close by. If the police could release all the interview transcripts yarn maybe we, joe public, would have some closure, but they won't.

Yep - spot on!

rosy23 said:
My original comment was a response to someone saying Dusty (or RFC) should sue the woman. I am glad she didn't press charges against Dusty. Regardless of the outcome I'm happy it's not being dragged out through the courts which it probably would have if she took legal action. We could do without the distraction and attention.

I think we have established that Tracy doesn't have the right to "press charges". It was the police's decision (not hers) that concluded that no offence had been committed.

rosy23 said:
My original comment was a response to someone saying Dusty (or RFC) should sue the woman. I am glad she didn't press charges against Dusty. Regardless of the outcome I'm happy it's not being dragged out through the courts which it probably would have if she took legal action. We could do without the distraction and attention.

Wasn't up to her to press charges Rosy and based on what is in the VicPol statement I think it would have been highly unlikely that charges would have been laid even if she had given a statement (honest or otherwise).

jb03 said:
I think we have established that Tracy doesn't have the right to "press charges". It was the police's decision (not hers) that concluded that no offence had been committed.

Why didn't she have the right to press charges?

Hope tracy gets booed when she changes the ink cartridges on the printer. Dusty will be booed at work.

Some pretty sexist comments on here. Why should tracy be backed by default?
That's just lunacy and reeks of the way many in society today whilst trying to do good end up trying too hard and making a set of rules for one section which actually files in the face of what they are trying to achieve. Doing this is sexist as it takes away a mans rights. Its ok for a woman to cast stones and damage a mans reputation and than slink off into obscurity when it becomes s false allegation? Just modern day pc *smile*.

zgod said:
Some pretty sexist comments on here. Why should tracy be backed by default?
That's just lunacy and reeks of the way many in society today whilst trying to do good end up trying too hard and making a set of rules for one section which actually files in the face of what they are trying to achieve. Doing this is sexist as it takes away a mans rights. ..........

Yes some very sexist comments indeed.

I haven't noticed anyone backing Tracey whether by default or otherwise. Haha how does is take away men's rights, in fact what is "it" that does that.

rosy23 said:
Yes some very sexist comments indeed.

I haven't noticed anyone backing Tracey whether by default or otherwise. Haha how does is take away men's rights, in fact what is "it" that does that.
Carter suggested that women should be backed by default.
Put it this way Rosy. What if a mans story was backed by default? "IT" is the fact that a mans reputation can be trashed if we back a woman's story by default.
I agree its funny and its pc gone mad.

Carter said:
You still don't get that true equality needs to be driven by the culture, not just by law.
Exactly what culture would that be Carts?
Would it be the predominant white western christian culture? Perhaps the muslim culture or indigenous culture, hell why don't we simply rely on the modern popular culture of entitlement or blame that seems to be doing so well at present?
Reality is, we no longer have a culture in this country. It's all about appeasing n bending to whichever culture screams loudest in this wonderful, enlightened, modern multi cultural society we live in.
What happens if there is a clash of cultures, or perhaps even some fool decides your culture or any one else's version of culture is irrelevant? Perhaps they might be to drunk or stoned to even understand the relevance of your version of culture.
Sorry Carts, culture, especially in a multi cultural society runs a poor second to the law of the country you happen to be standing in at the time.