should tracy be sacked? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

should tracy be sacked?

should tracy be sacked? haha only a wind up.

• sacked.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • suspended for 15 weeks

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • cheese sanga

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
Carter said:
i know you're being light hearted zgod but there is the matter of her self-esteem. if she ain't lying and really felt threatened she's been left with nuttin'.
Agree. But there is also dustys public persona. In tatters whilst she hides behinds shadows.

zgod said:
Agree. But there is also dustys public persona. In tatters whilst she hides behinds shadows.

he's been carefully steering that to that dark side for a while now hasn't he? ;D

Carter said:
he's been carefully steering that to that dark side for a while now hasn't he? ;D
Nah. Hes a good kid. Naive but he seems ok...

Carter said:
this will blow over for Dusty ToO. in the fullness of time.

He's no angel but I sure hope so. He's had his mug plastered all over the press for weeks being accused of all sorts of things yet 'Tracey' is still anonymous..
No doubt has had his backside kicked by the club (punishment?) for getting into this predicament through his big day out but I do wonder how Dusty is coping with it all.
Hopefully getting plenty of support from the club and AFLPA. If he wasn't an AFL footballer this would have blown over quickly. Must make someone question their profession in the wake of this horrendously reported incident.
Trial by media. :p

Carter said:
the police probably got it right. but our perception of Tracey is overly suspicious and has been from the start.

it is entirely possible that no one lied. that there were degrees of severity and it fell short of what the police required.

The suspicions are probably largely driven by the fact that she appeared on channel 7 news before speaking to the police. I can understand her not wanting her face plastered over the paper but all she needed to do to keep it private was make a low key call to the club/AFL and, if she chose, make a call to the police.

Making a big deal of it on tv is where it fell down for her. Whether she was pressured into doing it by channel 7 is a big question in this case. If so, it is channel 7 that should be brought to account as much or more than Dusty. If she wasn't pressured and she preferred to make a public deal about something that she now says she doesn't want to be known for in the courts makes it a bit sus (that is, assuming it was her making those calls).

Carter said:
LOL.

such indignation from those who wouldn't have the faintest clue what it will be like for "Tracey" now. Martin can and will continue to play good footy.

boofhead.

The beauty of this post from such a self appointed crusader, you seem to be forgetting that 37% of women have experienced domestic violence since the age of 15. That's just over one in three women. Us boofheads, and those of us who didn't use this to try and big note themselves, all have mothers, sisters, aunts, female friends, wives, girlfriends and exes. There is a very good chance that many of us have direct knowledge and experience of the utter emotional and mental damage DV does to a woman, let alone any physical damage, but that normally heals quicker and leaves less scars.

There is a need for a DV debate whenever it makes sense, but it makes no sense in a Dustin Martin Walrus thread. Dragging that topic here and continuing it even after the police have concluded their investigation is just muddying the waters of what DV really is as opposed to what happened at Mr Miyagi's.

But keep at it because the longer this goes on, the more obvious it is that you're in this debate for yourself and no one else.

Baloo said:
The beauty of this post from such a self appointed crusader, you seem to be forgetting that 37% of women have experienced domestic violence since the age of 15. That's just over one in three women. Us boofheads, and those of us who didn't use this to try and big note themselves, all have mothers, sisters, aunts, female friends, wives, girlfriends and exes. There is a very good chance that many of us have direct knowledge and experience of the utter emotional and mental damage DV does to a woman, let alone any physical damage, but that normally heals quicker and leaves less scars.

There is a need for a DV debate whenever it makes sense, but it makes no sense in a Dustin Martin Walrus thread. Dragging that topic here and continuing it even after the police have concluded their investigation is just muddying the waters of what DV really is as opposed to what happened at Mr Miyagi's.

But keep at it because the longer this goes on, the more obvious it is that you're in this debate for yourself and no one else.

Well posted Balooga.

glantone said:
...so what do you reckon does this mean that Tracy is an outrageous fantasist (mentally ill) or a straight out liar in your view?

You'd have to ask the police Glantone.

The caveat I make is that in cases of real domestic violence often the police are found wanting in not acting quickly enough on threats of violence or not getting involved because the matter is a 'domestic' issue.

This was a pretty high profile investigation and the hounds were baying for a sacrificial offering.

To basically say " No offence was committed" says a lot about the quality of Tracy's claims.

lamb22 said:

The caveat I make is that in cases of real domestic violence often the police are found wanting in not acting quickly enough on threats of violence or not getting involved because the matter is a 'domestic' issue.

This was a pretty high profile investigation and the hounds were baying for a sacrificial offering.

To basically say " No offence was committed" says a lot about the quality of Tracy's claims.

Rarely agree with you mutton, especially on the Dimma thread but your quite right in this instance..

The media and public are to quick to be led unfortunately, sensationalism at its best and people often believe what they read thinking its fact....

Tigertough1974 said:
Rarely agree with you mutton, especially on the Dimma thread but your quite right in this instance..

The media and public are to quick to be led unfortunately, sensationalism at its best and people often believe what they read thinking its fact....

Well that's another thing Tracey is responsible for. She's taken the heat off Dimma!!

;D

Baloo said:

Thanks for your Ted Talk on domestic violence, no doubt hastily compiled from Wikipedia.

Dunno why you're bleating about DV.

From the start I have been addressing violence and threatened violence, the difficulty women face in running the gauntlet of public opinion, and finally the automatic suspicion and hostility directed her way by many on here.

Too many posts that defended Dusty's right to presumed innocence and in the same breath questioning Tracey's own mandate for justice. Far too many.

You can dress up your faux outrage any way you like, your position is hopelessly compromised by being a tedious club apologist.

Clumsy, sausage-fingered attempt to turn this around and drag DV into this debate. Poor and unsavoury.

lamb22 said:

This is pretty balanced. We can't ever know Tracy's mind, but considering that the police investigation concluded that independent witnesses views of events didn't match with hers tend to suggest that the incident shook her and she had a rather sensationalist view of it coloured by how she felt about it all. She then chose to go to her employers who made it public rather than speak solely with the club and the AFL and if she wasn't satisfied with their response to them refer it to the police. After the event the club handled Dustin wisely throughout the whole thing, he made a statement/apology and then was kept quiet while the sensationalist media tried to poke up the fire.

Carter said:
Thanks for your Ted Talk on domestic violence, no doubt hastily compiled from Wikipedia.

Dunno why you're bleating about DV.

From the start I have been addressing violence and threatened violence, the difficulty women face in running the gauntlet of public opinion, and finally the automatic suspicion and hostility directed her way by many on here.

Too many posts that defended Dusty's right to presumed innocence and in the same breath questioning Tracey's own mandate for justice. Far too many.

You can dress up your faux outrage any way you like, your position is hopelessly compromised by being a tedious club apologist.

Clumsy, sausage-fingered attempt to turn this around and drag DV into this debate. Poor and unsavoury.

There certainly were posters who defended Dusty's right to presumed innocence and even queried the outrageous claim that he'd behaved like a "homicidal maniac".
And those posters also advised that any conclusions - one way or the other - be left until all the facts were known.

However are you seriously implying that the posters who "defended Dusty's right to presumed innocence" were simultaneously "questioning Tracey's own mandate for justice"?
If so - you're being a bit too clever and once again resorting to just making stuff up.

lamb22 said:
This is not America. The police or OPP will prosecute if they feel a crime has been committed regardless of whether someone "presses charges".

Typically in Australia someone makes a complaint rather than press charges.

The police and public prosecutor may consider the views of the alleged victim but ultimately the decision rests with them on whether to charge someone with an offence. The police will , or should, lay a charge in any serious matter regardless of the complainant's wishes.

It suits the media to carry on the fantasy land stuff that Tracey has nobley spared our naughty Dustin through her act of grace.

Just feedin' the mushrooms with more fertilizer.

My original comment was a response to someone saying Dusty (or RFC) should sue the woman. I am glad she didn't press charges against Dusty. Regardless of the outcome I'm happy it's not being dragged out through the courts which it probably would have if she took legal action. We could do without the distraction and attention.

It seems so strange that I'm finding Lamby and Baloo's posts to be on the money in terms of my thoughts regarding this. Tis the holiday season I suppose.

Carter said:
such indignation from those who wouldn't have the faintest clue what it will be like for "Tracey" now.
So what will it be like for anonymous pixelated pretend name Tracey? Only a couple of friends n work colleagues know who she is, she can simply fade away while character assassinated Dusty has had a mountain of *smile* slung at him from every possible direction and he's recognizable by all n sundry every time he pokes his nose out the front door.

Carter said:
we need to be part of a culture that backs women in by default.

Why?

Are they more human, special or entitled than anyone else?

I thought we were supposed to be heading in the general direction of equality for all regardless, yet you, like many others jump straight in demanding special privileges n advantages for one over another.
Personally would much prefer that everyone is given the same rights n treatment as others. Unfortunate but no-one is going to know the real truth of what happened, worst scenario has occurred in rumour innuendo n media character assassination on both sides.
Entire matter could and should have been resolved by Tracey making a full formal statement to police rather than repeatedly crying wolf to the media, then running away n hiding when the police came hunting.