should tracy be sacked? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

should tracy be sacked?

should tracy be sacked? haha only a wind up.

• sacked.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • suspended for 15 weeks

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • cheese sanga

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
rosy23 said:
Did she refuse to speak to police? I only heard she didn't want to press charges. Maybe we should all thank her for that.
Why should we when the Police found that he had no case to answer?

Rancey18 said:
Why should we when the Police found that he had no case to answer?

I don't think it would do the club or Dusty any favours to have this dragged out through court if she'd pressed charges. If what she said was fabricated Dusty could take legal action too. Do you think he will? I don't.

rosy23 said:
I don't think it would do the club or Dusty any favours to have this dragged out through court if she'd pressed charges. If what she said was fabricated Dusty could take legal action too. Do you think he will? I don't.
I'm not sure about action against her, but I hope it is considered in regards to some media people who went to town on him. Way out of line imo.

Rancey18 said:
I'm not sure about action against her, but I hope it is considered in regards to some media people who went to town on him. Way out of line imo.

I agree some were out of line...based on the little I've read on here but that's not what we were talking about.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
She won't be showing her face after the police effectively ran her out of town.

Wasn't it her choice not to press charges?

rosy23 said:

Here's the official statement from Stonnington Police.

“Detectives from Stonnington Criminal Investigation Unit have conducted an extensive investigation after reports a woman was threatened by a man at a Chapel Street restaurant in Windsor on 5 December.”

“After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.

“Police take all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigate all complaints thoroughly.”

It's pretty clear they spoke to her - maybe she just said "I don't want to press charges" and that was the end of the conversation. But they also spoke to "numerous independent witnesses" and determined that "no criminal offence took place."

I take this to mean that there was no independent evidence to back up her story, whatever she said or didn't say.

A lot of people owe Martin a big apology on this one I think.

rosy23 said:
asn't it her choice not to press charges?

There were no charges to press - "no criminal offence took place".

Looks like I have a new signature. Will think about getting it tattooed on my neck if it still doesn't get through.

rosy23 said:

If the police are involved, they will press charges if they if they believe an offence has been committed.

What she wants becomes irrelevant.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
There were no charges to press - "no criminal offence took place".

Looks like I have a new signature. Will think about getting it tattooed on my neck if it still doesn't get through.

:hihi

Copy and paste it 100 times to @KevinBartlett29

rosy23 said:

This is not America. The police or OPP will prosecute if they feel a crime has been committed regardless of whether someone "presses charges".

Typically in Australia someone makes a complaint rather than press charges.

The police and public prosecutor may consider the views of the alleged victim but ultimately the decision rests with them on whether to charge someone with an offence. The police will , or should, lay a charge in any serious matter regardless of the complainant's wishes.

It suits the media to carry on the fantasy land stuff that Tracey has nobley spared our naughty Dustin through her act of grace.

Just feedin' the mushrooms with more fertilizer.

lamb22 said:
This is not America. The police or OPP will prosecute if they feel a crime has been committed regardless of whether someone "presses charges".

The police and public prosecutor may consider the views of the alleged victim but ultimately the decision rests with them on whether to charge someone with an offence. The police will lay a charge in any serious matter regardless of the complainant's wishes.

It suits the media to carry on the fantasy land stuff that Tracey has nobley spared our naughty Dustin through her act of grace.

Well said

lamb22 said:

The police and public prosecutor may consider the views of the alleged victim but ultimately the decision rests with them on whether to charge someone with an offence. The police will , or should, lay a charge in any serious matter regardless of the complainant's wishes.

The gives a good laymans explanation of the process.

http://www.victimsofcrime.vic.gov.au/home/charges+laid/laying+charges/

lamb22 said:

...so what do you reckon does this mean that Tracy is an outrageous fantasist (mentally ill) or a straight out liar in your view?

Baloo said:
The gives a good laymans explanation of the process.

http://www.victimsofcrime.vic.gov.au/home/charges+laid/laying+charges/

Any chance of getting a simpler version for Lloyd to understand?

glantone said:
...so what do you reckon does this mean that Tracy is an outrageous fantasist (mentally ill) or a straight out liar in your view?
Doesn't matter - don't care.
The facts are now established and her version as originally prosecuted by particular members of the media and some PREnders did not have substance when put to proper scrutiny.

Tenacious said:
Doesn't matter - don't care.
The facts are now established and her version as originally prosecuted by particular members of the media and some PREnders did not have substance when put to proper scrutiny.

…don’t get me wrong Dusty is my absolute favourite tiger and there’s nothing finer than seeing him humiliate an opposition player in a one on one battle close to goal – absolutely love it- but this woman’s claims do matter because we all know that the law is an ass. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be complaining about how the law appears to regularly let society down. She should be made to take responsibility for her claims and be sued.

And by the way, some pre-enders said that if allegations of threatening to stab a woman in the face were true then Dusty should be tarred and feathered – what’s the beef with that?

glantone said:
And by the way, some pre-enders said that if allegations of threatening to stab a woman in the face were true then Dusty should be tarred and feathered – what’s the beef with that?

anyone that was prepared to wait until the facts were out before joining the media/social media lynchmob did the right thing. There shouldn't be any beef with them.