Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND

Prefer to see Deledio playing forward of centre.
I think he is wasted playing in the backline.

btoz_01 said:
Prefer to see Deledio playing forward of centre.
I think he is wasted playing in the backline.

Agree - particularly when all he's doing is kicking it to 50/50 contests.

Get him in the middle, running forward.

thejinx said:

Yep. I also remember the commentators saying they had about 25 inside 50's (this was a bit after half time) for 23 scoring shots. That's amazing, what a terrible defence.

Tigers of Old said:
Our ruck division is currently uncompetitive against the likes of sandilands.
Gotta go shopping.

Sandi is leading the league in taps, most teams don't match up on him well.

I'm more worried about whose at the ruckman's feet, when the game was still in the balance we had Rance in the centre sqaure for one bounce :nailbiting

wayne said:
Yes it was.

The first quarter was fantastic. The tackling throughout was great.

::)

We did well in the first quarter because of Freo's complacency.

As soon as they applied some half decent defensive pressure, we *smile* ourselves.

I know it's a long road, and we're young, and immediate results aren't what we're after. But at least be honest. Tonight was just as bad as our other games, and we're going nowhere fast.

Covered the +48.5. My back pocket is more then happy. Ergo I am happy. ;D

Had a lot to like but the same mistakes cost us. A couple of really good link up handball runs that showed the future.

Foley and Cousins made a massive difference. Both will be much better for the run. They just link up the others.

Skills and dumb footballers. That cost us.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Sandi is leading the league in taps, most teams don't match up on him well.

I'm more worried about whose at the ruckman's feet, when the game was still in the balance we had Rance in the centre sqaure for one bounce :nailbiting

Must have been a couple of mids that were spent.
Axel particularly faded as expected. Cousins & Cotchin still underdone. Tambling off with a hammy. Martin 1st year.

wayne said:
Yes it was.

The first quarter was fantastic. The tackling throughout was great.

Agree the tackling is improving, 66 for the game (Nahas 7, Foley 6, Dea, Edwards, Reiwoldt 5ea)

SCOOP said:
Skills and dumb footballers. That cost us.

The story of the RFC for the past 30 years. We attract them like flies on *smile*.

On the positive, we got within 40 points of another team. Things are looking up; who would have thought?

Phar Ace said:
Agree the tackling is improving, 66 for the game (Nahas 7, Foley 6, Dea, Edwards, Reiwoldt 5ea)

How much fat does Nahas carry? Must be 95% muscle in those little arms ;D

thejinx said:
::)

We did well in the first quarter because of Freo's complacency.

As soon as they applied some half decent defensive pressure, we sh!t ourselves.

I know it's a long road, and we're young, and immediate results aren't what we're after. But at least be honest. Tonight was just as bad as our other games, and we're going nowhere fast.

The first quarter we outplayed them. We spread better and ran in numbers. We pressured them well and tackled good. That was the best quarter we've played for the year.

We ran out of legs and quickly. Too many youngsters that don't have enough pre-seasons in their bodies yet.

Ridley said:
The story of the RFC for the past 30 years. We attract them like flies on sh!t.

On the positive, we got within 40 points of another team. Things are looking up; who would have thought?

Its been a problem for ages, can't get the recruiting right.

wayne said:
The first quarter we outplayed them. We spread better and ran in numbers. We pressured them well and tackled good. That was the best quarter we've played for the year.

We ran out of legs and quickly. Too many youngsters that don't have enough pre-seasons in their bodies yet.

No doubt we played our best quarter of the year in the 1st. But how much was that to do with Freo's lack of intensity and defensive pressure?

As soon as Freo decided to put some effort in after the first change, we fell to pieces. Surely you don't believe our lousy second quarter was due to lack of fitness.

Tigers of Old said:
Must have been a couple of mids that were spent.
Axel particularly faded as expected. Cousins & Cotchin still underdone. Tambling off with a hammy. Martin 1st year.

Yep, running flankers like Nason still in their first year.. Nahas appears to have some groin complaint... Asburty and Talyor unfit.

It all means that we have by far the least run to sustain a 4 quarter effort of any team in the AFL

thejinx said:
Rance's endeavour has been good, but that's about it. 3 goals from 3 free kicks. Needs to learn to put two hands in the air when he tries to mark the ball.
Yeah, Rance is pretty ordinary, unfortunately. Doesn't seem to have what it takes to make it. Great endeavour, but that is about it .

Haven't been impressed with Vickery. But he's still young, and he's tall, so he's got a few more years worth of excuses in the bag.
Vickery showed heaps , in my view. Most promising game he has played. Pretty confident with him.

evo said:
Vickery showed heaps , in my view. Most promising game he has played. Pretty confident with him.

You guys are probably right, I've never been any good at evaluating rucks...

I just can't stand how he can't take a mark. Guess that'll come with time.