Round 22 the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 22 the other games

antman said:
Whether it becomes "reality" or not, as a Richmond supporter I'd be ashamed to post such rubbish about I team I supposedly support. Not a problem for some I guess.

Perfectly entitled to throw my opinion out there. Would love to be proved wrong next friday night. I just don't trust the richmond football club. Been trying to trust them for the last 35 years..

I think it is my fault the Saints lost, I mean, I did say to my partner just this morning how I liked that the Saints hadn't capitulated much this season... :p

Oh well, it is certainly going to be an interesting round coming up...

go tiges!

ThePercies said:
Perfectly entitled to throw my opinion out there. Would love to be proved wrong next friday night. I just don't trust the richmond football club. Been trying to trust them for the last 35 years..

You said we were going to miss finals a few weeks back. Suggest you trust Richmond FC more and yourself less.

Constant pessimism used to be reality, but these days it's not. Just back 'em in. Enjoy the journey. We make finals every year, we beat the top 4 teams, we win 80% of our matches. Number 1 supported team, above Collingwood.

It's okay to expect us to do well.

And if we stumble, we've got 4-5 years with our current core to make changes.

Back 'em in.

I still remember Geelong's 2007 campaign. They were the clear best team by about round 15 and every neutral could see that they were going to win in a canter.

The Geelong fans could only remember all those runner up years from 1989. They hadn't won a flag since 1963. Geelong had always found a way to break their hearts. Many of them couldn't find a way to enjoy it until the Grand Final. Even then, it was one of the most one sided games in history and many fans were still waiting for the letdown.

I'm not drawing any similarities here. We are nothing like that Geelong side. All I am saying is enjoy the ride. If it ends in tears, then so be it.

The negative years are over for a while. Enjoy each win and let it work itself out.

Besides, Collingwood Essendon and Carlton fans are all sucking the biggest lemon wedge ever. That's gotta be a good thing.

I'm sure they will all enjoy their September gardening.

TOT70 said:
I still remember Geelong's 2007 campaign. They were the clear best team by about round 15 and every neutral could see that they were going to win in a canter.

The Geelong fans could only remember all those runner up years from 1989. They hadn't won a flag since 1963. Geelong had always found a way to break their hearts. Many of them couldn't find a way to enjoy it until the Grand Final. Even then, it was one of the most one sided games in history and many fans were still waiting for the letdown.

I'm not drawing any similarities here. We are nothing like that Geelong side. All I am saying is enjoy the ride. If it ends in tears, then so be it.

The negative years are over for a while. Enjoy each win and let it work itself out.

Besides, Collingwood Essendon and Carlton fans are all sucking the biggest lemon wedge ever. That's gotta be a good thing.

Well seid TOT - I am enjoying the riding and starting to get used to it - it was strange two years ago lining up and getting tickets and being part of the week - last year was still strange - now I am just expecting it.

Well said TOTS.

I appreciate it's a nervous time for many of us, it's hard to come to terms with success with our history. And the nervous nellies are right insofar that we've got some work to do yet.

Let's focus on that rather then going back to round four and five to find reasons why we aren't higher up on the ladder right now. Get on board the Tiger finals train kids.

DARE TO BELIEVE!!!!

I was just watching a bit of the GWS v Carlton game and realised Carlton were in fron at qrt time but got done by 81 point in 3 quarters. By god they really really suck.

tigertim said:
I was just watching a bit of the GWS v Carlton game and realised Carlton were in fron at qrt time but got done by 81 point in 3 quarters. By god they really really suck.
That's alright because I really, really hate Carlton.

Chimptastic said:
Constant pessimism used to be reality, but these days it's not. Just back 'em in. Enjoy the journey. We make finals every year, we beat the top 4 teams, we win 80% of our matches. Number 1 supported team, above Collingwood.

It's okay to expect us to do well.

And if we stumble, we've got 4-5 years with our current core to make changes.

Back 'em in.

Great post! We will do well in the finals regardless of who and where we play. If anything it is opposition sides who should
be nervous about playing the Tigers in the elimination final.

TOT70 said:

Completely agree. Three finals series in a row. How good is that! I go in to every game now knowing we are a good chance. I am looking forward to the next step and just enjoying my footy more than I have for three decades.

antman said:
You said we were going to miss finals a few weeks back. Suggest you trust Richmond FC more and yourself less.
yeeah.

Percies is not the only one but there are less and less around.

Keep making predictions that we will stumble and until we win a flag they will all eventually come true and you can be proven correct. It's a defence mechanism against disappointment I reckon.

the thing is the predictions keep on getting based on higher and higher results. It used to be we won't win a game, then we are stuck in mediocrity for ever, then we are a middle range team that can't play finals, then we will stumble at the last hurdle and not get there and now it's we can't win a final.

The dire predictions just mirror our upward trajectory !! ;D

Sintiger said:
yeeah.

Percies is not the only one but there are less and less around.

Keep making predictions that we will stumble and until we win a flag they will all eventually come true and you can be proven correct. It's a defence mechanism against disappointment I reckon.

the thing is the predictions keep on getting based on higher and higher results. It used to be we won't win a game, then we are stuck in mediocrity for ever, then we are a middle range team that can't play finals, then we will stumble at the last hurdle and not get there and now it's we can't win a final.

The dire predictions just mirror our upward trajectory !! ;D

In that case, I'll go straight to the top and predict that we will never win four Premierships in a row.

Does anyone not think there is more of a steely resolve with this group than ever before?