Round 22 the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 22 the other games

TOT70 said:
I still remember Geelong's 2007 campaign. They were the clear best team by about round 15 and every neutral could see that they were going to win in a canter.

The Geelong fans could only remember all those runner up years from 1989. They hadn't won a flag since 1963. Geelong had always found a way to break their hearts. Many of them couldn't find a way to enjoy it until the Grand Final. Even then, it was one of the most one sided games in history and many fans were still waiting for the letdown.

I'm not drawing any similarities here. We are nothing like that Geelong side. All I am saying is enjoy the ride. If it ends in tears, then so be it.

The negative years are over for a while. Enjoy each win and let it work itself out.

Besides, Collingwood Essendon and Carlton fans are all sucking the biggest lemon wedge ever. That's gotta be a good thing.

I'm sure they will all enjoy their September gardening.

Gold post! Love this. I love winning most games, winning big games, beating top sides, being feared by other sides, having heaps of players other sides would kill for. A flag is our dream and I reckon we'll get there, but there's no guarantees. Footy is meant to be fun. Its a lot more fun now for me than it was during the 80s, 90s and 00s.

Love the sentiment boys.

Leysy would just like to make it to the last 6 or maybe last 4 one year before extolling the virtues of his enjoyment for finals footy.

Let's take that next step to challenger. We are good enough, it's only above the ears that's stopping us.

Bit worried that if we lose next week and the crows win than we have to play another final in Adelaide.

Understand Leysy's viewpoint.

Thing is. There aren't that many finals that are actually played. Once we lost against Port Adelaide, that was it for the next twelve months. We haven't been eligible to play in a final since. We finally get another chance next week. Maybe we take it, maybe we don't. Whoever we play will be a worthy finalist and one of the teams will be unlucky. That's the way it goes.

Suppose we lose again.

Does that mean we have to go through all next season again reminding each other that we can't get excited until we win a final.

What if we win every game during the 2016 season? Sorry don't get excited, they haven't won a final yet. We won't get to play in another final until the end of the year again.

It's Ok to enjoy the ride, even if you end up somewhere you don't want to be.

Leysy, have fun, son!

TOT70 said:
Had a ride in the back of a divvy van a couple of times. Didn't enjoy the ride or end up anywhere near where I wanted to be ;D. Much prefer the ride the Tigers have given me over the last cough cough almost fifty years, and I had a run in with a couple of other teams before I found the righteous path.
Enjoyed the good Tiges, suffered the bad Tiges n hanging out for one last round of serious party Tiges before it all gets fuzzy n decrepit.

TOT70 said:

Thing is. There aren't that many finals that are actually played. Once we lost against Port Adelaide, that was it for the next twelve months. We haven't been eligible to play in a final since. We finally get another chance next week. Maybe we take it, maybe we don't. Whoever we play will be a worthy finalist and one of the teams will be unlucky. That's the way it goes.

Suppose we lose again.

Does that mean we have to go through all next season again reminding each other that we can't get excited until we win a final.

What if we win every game during the 2016 season? Sorry don't get excited, they haven't won a final yet. We won't get to play in another final until the end of the year again.

Leysy, have fun, son!

Leysy has 4 week old and 3 y.o daughters.

Fun? As in carefree day celebrating a win into the night at the footy.

What is that?

Leysy Days said:
Leysy has 4 week old and 3 y.o daughters.

Fun? As in carefree day celebrating a win into the night at the footy.

What is that?

I'm sure Leysy knows this is the best time of Leysy's life. Except for the nappies. No amount of spin can make that sound good.

TOT70 said:

Suppose we lose again.

Good post.

Thats exactly what has happened this year.

Enjoying the ride doesn't mean excepting mediocracy. Its accepting this is sport. No guarantees. We don't support on the condition of success. The passion is driven by the pure bliss that, success has been earned, not given, not a birthright, not cause its your turn.

The best things in life are the hardest to achieve.

We have made base camp. Time for the ascent to the greatest peak. If it was easy the saints would have done it again.

Enjoy the ride, smell the flowers. Ive been going to the footy for close to 40 years. The last three years have been the most fun I can remember since 82. Hell its even easy to go to work on a monday morning through winter again.

Sure we want to succeed, doesn't mean you have to underestimate our achievements along the way. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the milestones that mark our journey from laughing stock to regular finalist. Next (hopefully this year) genuine contender.