Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games

tigertim said:
Commentators need to stop trying to preempt a Crows comeback and just commentate.

No 1 protocol in Ch 7 commentary manual.
Sort of makes me long for the Rex hunt radio days; when a game was over the fast lady was called upon and commentary from then went off on various tangents but at least no wishing hoping pleading cajoling an impossible comeback. Eh Bruce?

Rory Lard couldn't possibly be all Australian could he? Breust hadn't kicked a goal in previous 4 games and he ripped him a new one tonight.
It's like Cotchin been named in the AA team. Finals should count

22nd Man said:
No 1 protocol in Ch 7 commentary manual.
Sort of makes me long for the Rex hunt radio days; when a game was over the fast lady was called upon and commentary from then went off on various tangents but at least no wishing hoping pleading cajoling an impossible comeback. Eh Bruce?

It is one of the quirks of broadcasting into the Northern States where the audience is not that knowledgeable. Most of the viewers go to bed as soon as the commentators stop talking up the comeback.

I suppose this will go down as a brave loss for the Crows. Every team seems to have brave losses except the Tigers, no matter how pathetic the performance.

TOT70 said:
I suppose this will go down as a brave loss for the Crows. Every team seems to have brave losses except the Tigers, no matter how pathetic the performance.

Yeah they seemed to get off light. Maybe a touch of Phil Walsh sentiment in their reluctance to put the boots in.

So the Hawks won easily eh. ::)
Hopefully not the 3rd year out of 4 where we've beaten grand finalists during the season only for our team to be sitting in a bar in Bali at the business end. :blah

Tigers of Old said:
So the Hawks won easily eh. ::)
Hopefully not the 3rd year out of 4 where we've beaten grand finalists during the season only for our team to be sitting in a bar in Bali at the business end. :blah

Well that would mean West Coast would have to get over the line!

Swans deserve to be favourites but no way am I barracking for a team that's been spoon fed by the AFL.

As much as I don't like Sydney, I hope they win over the Cockyroos. Anything to get that smug look off their faces.

TigerForce said:
As much as I don't like Sydney, I hope they win over the Cockyroos. Anything to get that smug look off their faces.
Yep, no love for North. Expect Waite and Petrie to go missing.

Battle of the bums with zero atmosphere. Geez what an astronomical balls-up Tiges. Unbelievable

tigersnake said:
Battle of the bums with zero atmosphere. Geez what an astronomical balls-up Tiges. Unbelievable
Absolutely. Reckon we would have taken a huge traveling support up there. Probably would have made it near on a 50/50 crowd. As it is, North, with bugger all supporters look to have made it perhaps 30/70.

Really feel sick watching this. Like others have said. It was there for the taking. Both teams looking relatively mediocre. Swans in particular. Can't stress enough how big a missed opportunity that choke is.

Very midiocre side in North, make the 8 after a run of wins over rubbish opposition and now find themselves in 2nd week of finals playing Sydney U12s side. No wonder they look smug. Can't believe their luck.