Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games

I can't hear Harvey or Petrie .
What a beautiful day. I love the umpires just makes it even better.
Cho Cho they got hit by the Karma Train

Suffer in your jocks Norf , no sooking when Edwards free kick was missed :nopity :harp

I hate north, but those nothing frees to west coast in front of goal were brutal. Its sub-standard, incompetence. To pay a free in front of goal, even one let alone 3 or 4, with the game in the balance, in a prelim, the free has to be undeniably there to pay it, why is that so hard? Frees to Darling, the one against Del Santo? They were right in front of the umps and plainly not there, in real-time, slo mo, any mo, one to sinclair as well for the Waite block, when he was contesting for the mark he took. Just amazingly bad.

linuscambridge said:
If North can't get the little cheap one out the back to go the length of the field they literally can't score more than a few goals. They struggled to make the 8 this year, if the other coaches figure out how to block their fast goals and with an extra year on some of their seniors, they could drop right off next year. What a shame, their 400 supporters will be devastated.
They were the worst side in the 8, which is why the EF loss burns so bad. For some reason they get in our heads, players don't play up to their abilities and Hardwick forgets how to coach against them. He managed a win against their 2nd string side, but couldn't do it against their A list. This was a last roll of the dice for them. Their ageing and largely 2nd tier list will struggle next year. They may beat us, because they nearly always do, but other sides will hurt them. Scott's top up philosophy will come under serious heat and hopefully he'll get the lemon and sars at the end of the season when they miss out on the finals.

tigersnake said:
I hate north, but those nothing frees to west coast in front of goal were brutal. Its sub-standard, incompetence. To pay a free in front of goal, even one let alone 3 or 4, with the game in the balance, in a prelim, the free has to be undeniably there to pay it, why is that so hard? Frees to Darling, the one against Del Santo? They were right in front of the umps and plainly not there, in real-time, slo mo, any mo, one to sinclair as well for the Waite block, when he was contesting for the mark he took. Just amazingly bad.

Yep some of those frees the Eagles got last night were disgraceful. Particularly the one to Darling and the one against Waite. Just unbelievably bad.

Ridley said:
The hometown umpiring decisions in Perth are a *smile*ing disgrace. The free kick that Darling got, which resulted in a goal, was ridiculous. The North player didn't even touch him.

The AFL needs to do something about this. The Eagles have a 5 goal head start every game with the free ride they get from the umpires.

On another note, Ben Brown is a spud. Shows a complete lack of awareness on the ground. The umpire clearly called "not 15 play on" after his opponent marked a kick in North's goal square but dumb arse Ben just stood there with that stupid look on his face and let his opponent play on and 10 seconds later it was in the Eagles forward line.
Dimma said in his coaches box segment Friday night that he believes the WA sides get a 4 goal advantage at home due to "the crowd and the home town umpiring"

CarnTheTiges said:
They were the worst side in the 8, which is why the EF loss burns so bad. For some reason they get in our heads, players don't play up to their abilities and Hardwick forgets how to coach against them. He managed a win against their 2nd string side, but couldn't do it against their A list. This was a last roll of the dice for them. Their ageing and largely 2nd tier list will struggle next year. They may beat us, because they nearly always do, but other sides will hurt them. Scott's top up philosophy will come under serious heat and hopefully he'll get the lemon and sars at the end of the season when they miss out on the finals.

I think we were the worst side in the 8 unfortunately as much as it hard to accept.

jb03 said:
I think we were the worst side in the 8 unfortunately as much as it hard to accept.

With Buddy out I reckon that title belonged to the Swans. Then the Dogs.

Meh, though the umpiring was better than on Friday night to be honest. They missed a few sitters to WC in front of goal so it all probably balances out.

jb03 said:
A game off top 4, with wins over Freo, Hawthorn and Sydney kind of suggests that we weren't. We had 15 wins, Norf had 13.

jb03 said:
Yep, depends on when you're judging. After rd 23 North were. After the the EF we were.

Boy, Williamstown are putting Box Hill to the sword - 50 points halway through the last!

Wish we had been able to get Andy Collins back a couple of years ago.

CC TIGER said:
Karma is a beautiful thing

Haha who gets the karma? North have been far more successful than us since our last premiership. Maybe the karma is us paying the price for the hubris when it comes to that minnow club with no supporters and no finances. We'd be over the moon if we made it to the penultimate week like they did.