Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games

Disco said:
More angry tonight watching this game then our loss to Norf. What might have been. Can't believe that we lost to this mob.
Yer, Waite, Harvey and Higgins no stars tonight. I have my doubts whether we could have beaten Wet Toast though. Would have loved to get another crack at Hawthorn though. Just have to remember, Norf are much more mature, older more experience outfit than us. The tide might well turn in our favour next year but we need some more hard-nosed, big-bodied players too.

wayne said:
Now for the worst club song in history

Better then Norths crap.
Out we come out we come. What *smile* is that?

All 6 North Melbourne supporters are heading home

zippadeee said:
Luke Darcy "this great wast coast team" have I missed something? Average at best
Hawthorn will slap them next week
Thanks for clarifying I heard that gagged but discounted it because i thought it was just Taylor .

2 lost elimination finals and 3rd time around we didn't learn a thing. We go into finals thinking our low tackle game plan will work. The pressure level goes up about 20 notches, but we're never prepared for it.

zippadeee said:
Better then Norths crap.
Out we come out we come. What sh!t is that?

All 6 North Melbourne supporters are heading home

I don't even know what the next 4 lines are in that song. Just as boring as Cartoon's slow build up "da da da da dah".

Hey Treloar, Sharrod Wellingham and Nathan Buckley have a message for you; going to Collingwood in search of success rarely ends well.

Ridley said:
The hometown umpiring decisions in Perth are a *smile*ing disgrace. The free kick that Darling got, which resulted in a goal, was ridiculous. The North player didn't even touch him.

The AFL needs to do something about this. The Eagles have a 5 goal head start every game with the free ride they get from the umpires.
Umpires should be charged with Bringing the game into disrepute. Min 2 goals to WC that shouldn't have been = 68 real score and the one not paid to Jacobs takes NM to 61. That margin of 7 is probably more reflective of the game.

wayne said:
2 lost elimination finals and 3rd time around we didn't learn a thing. We go into finals thinking our low tackle game plan will work. The pressure level goes up about 20 notches, but we're never prepared for it.

Even morse so when Dimma thinks H&A BIG games are the equivalent of finals. Can't progress if that is his belief. We wouldn't have come out of that first half alive.

Simpson's done an amazing job, especially considering their injury list, but don't forget a couple of years ago they were pre-season favourites and underachieved for a couple of years.

First they were over-rated, then under-rated. Now I guess they're just rated.

KnightersRevenge said:
Hey Treloar, Sharrod Wellingham and Nathan Buckley have a message for you; going to Collingwood in search of success rarely ends well.

The king Treloar will learn very quickly that the morons will burn him as soon as starts to lose form.
I can't wait to play them. Beat them 10 goals and then watch him walk off the ground staring at the scoreboard

Must saying I'm loving all the excuses from the poor hard done by Roos supporters, my FB is flooded by them ;D ...like Freo it's overrrrrrr .....

If North can't get the little cheap one out the back to go the length of the field they literally can't score more than a few goals. They struggled to make the 8 this year, if the other coaches figure out how to block their fast goals and with an extra year on some of their seniors, they could drop right off next year. What a shame, their 400 supporters will be devastated.

CC TIGER said:
Must saying I'm loving all the excuses from the poor hard done by Roos supporters, my FB is flooded by them ;D ...like Freo it's overrrrrrr .....
Particularly when there were some dodgy umpiring decisions. Just makes it more satisfying.

Don't understanfd the talk like 'that should have been us tonight'..'we should be in the GF' etc.
Hard fact is we weren't good enough to beat North Melbourne and haven't been for a long time. The fantasises of what might have been pretty much stops there.
Bottom line is we are not good enough yet. We've lost elimination finals 3 years in a row to different teams.
We still too many weaknesses in our list and need to find ways to improve them in a hurry. Our window is open and the clock is ticking.

Ridley said:
The hometown umpiring decisions in Perth are a *smile*ing disgrace. The free kick that Darling got, which resulted in a goal, was ridiculous. The North player didn't even touch him.

The AFL needs to do something about this. The Eagles have a 5 goal head start every game with the free ride they get from the umpires.

Live in Perth. Eagles umpiring is a disgrace. Dockers font get the same treatment. It's worse
than it looks. North got half their free kicks in the last 40min when the game was dead.

Tigers of Old said:
Don't understanfd the talk like 'that should have been us tonight'..'we should be in the GF' etc.
My feeling was a little different. I thought after the eagles beat hawthorn that I would be in Perth on September 26th, not that we should have been there last night. Just bemoaning the missed opportunity for a prelim final

On North, the issue for them is there KPPs now. They have maybe one year left of Petrie and waite, Thompson is aging.
Their game at the moment is based on contested possession, fast break and get it to the big guys up forward and their big guys are nearly done.
They obviously match up well on us but I can't see them taking the next step